Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

An obstetrician's opinion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, when Dr Karvorkian says "morally necessary", that's quite an advance from "medically necessary".

Whose "morals" do we use? THAT is the rusty can of worms to which I refer.
    Did you deliberately mistype Dr Karkowsky's name or have you simply forgotten it?

Personal morality generally relates to what the individual deems to be standards of good and bad behaviour, including good manners, politeness, consideration for others, honesty, fairness etc. However, such precepts are not always enshrined in legislation.

I doubt the USA has specific legislation that enforces showing consideration and/or politeness to other people.

Therefore what X deems to be a moral standard of behaviour [according to their own view of morality] might not be considered to be either moral [or even necessary] by Y.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Trolling on your part is your deliberate derailments of threads. Your bad-faith asking for definitions and clarifications. You're treatment on these forums have come about due to your own toxic behavior. Just because you are subtle on your trolling behavior doesn't mean its not been seen and called out.
      I ask for definitions when someone uses vague phrases or comments [that have a variety of interpretations] or makes patently erroneous sweeping generalisations such as "The left over the last 4 years has engaged in a wide array of hateful, angry, violent rhetoric."
      "It ain't necessarily so
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I didn’t say you wrote that. I was commenting on your hypocritical statement about access to medical records. You yourself have no access to the good liberal pro-death doc's patient records, so everything you have to say about the matter is also your opinion. Your inability to read and comprehend what others have written is beyond ludicrous. It’s plaid.
        I have only referred to Dr Karkowsky's article with regard to the issues surrounding morally necessary abortions.

Or is there a belief here that she is lying?
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          You therefore admit you are hypocritical.
          I do not. Mocking you by ing is not the same as being here as a and not much else.

What that really means is that I raise topics and/or offer opinions that you do not agree with. That is not trolling on my part.
          Correct - just because you're wrong doesn't not mean you're ing --- it's all the tactics interwoven in pretty much everything you post.

I admit I can be sarcastic and ironic but I have never called someone "ditzy" or "crazy" or described their comments as "this little ball of poo" . I have never tried to twist what someone has written, nor have I suggested that my interlocutor is inebriated.
          If the shoe fits...

However, you have openly acknowledged that you have engaged in such behaviour.
          Yes, to mock your ing.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am not the person who wrote:

"morally necessary terminations"

It was a term used by the "expert" you cited.

Now there's a rusty can of worms if I've ever seen one."
            I said that - and I explained why I said it.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Trolling on your part is your deliberate derailments of threads. Your bad-faith asking for definitions and clarifications. You're treatment on these forums have come about due to your own toxic behavior. Just because you are subtle on your trolling behavior doesn't mean its not been seen and called out.
              Well said.

Comment

Did you deliberately mistype Dr Karkowsky's name or have you simply forgotten it?
                It seemed rather appropriate, and, yes, was intentional.

Personal morality generally relates to what the individual deems to be standards of good and bad behaviour, .....
                I would not want a person of Dr Karvorkian's "moral character" to decide whether or not I be removed from a ventilator or life support.

Anybody who believes that killing innocent unborn babies is "moral" has got to be a really sick individual.

Comment

I do not. Mocking you by ing is not the same as being here as a and not much else.

Correct - just because you're wrong doesn't not mean you're ing --- it's all the tactics interwoven in pretty much everything you post.

If the shoe fits...

Yes, to mock your ing.
                  I would stop digging if I were you. You have openly acknowledged you have engaged in trolling. The very thing of which you accuse me.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I ask for definitions when someone uses vague phrases or comments [that have a variety of interpretations] or makes patently erroneous sweeping generalisations such as "The left over the last 4 years has engaged in a wide array of hateful, angry, violent rhetoric."
                    And herein lies some of the gross hypocrisy on your part ---- when you claim "There was no American military equipment in Afghanistan prior to 9-11", and it is shown to you that this is absolutely FALSE, you turn it onto an ongoing duck and bob and weave and spewing forth of nonsense....

Why? Because you're a . A NON- would simply say, "yeah, you're right, lemme restate that...."

Comment

I have only referred to Dr Karkowsky's article with regard to the issues surrounding morally necessary abortions.

And here is MORE of your ish hypocrisy.... you would say "read what I WROTE"....

I'm the one who brought up the "morally necessary abortions" concept, and I have explained my concern with it precisely.

So try actually reading what I WROTE, .

Comment

It seemed rather appropriate, and, yes, was intentional.
                        Fair enough.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I would not want a person of Dr Karvorkian's "moral character" to decide whether or not I be removed from a ventilator or life support.
                        You have no idea as to her "moral" character. You have arrived at your conclusion because she is an ob/gyn who regularly conducts abortions [for a variety of different reasons] and that fact automatically condemns her in you view.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Anybody who believes that killing innocent unborn babies is "moral" has got to be a really sick individual.
                        That is your opinion to which you are entitled.

However, I often wonder if reactions would be different if individuals had direct personal experience.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• And we're going to see even MORE of the hypocrisy....

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                          I would stop digging if I were you.
                          How 'bout stop trying to give advice at which you fail miserably.

You have openly acknowledged you have engaged in trolling.
                          To mock you, yes. Guilty as charged.

The very thing of which you accuse me.
                          false.jfif
                          I accuse you of BEING a - not ing occassionally.

Everybody else here gets that except you.

Why? Because you're a

Now, can we PLEASE get back on topic, or do you wish to continue derailing your own thread?

Comment

Fair enough.
                            Wow!

You have no idea as to her "moral" character.....
                            I actually do. She favors the slaughter of the innocents. That's REALLY bad moral character.

Comment

And we're going to see even MORE of the hypocrisy....

How 'bout stop trying to give advice at which you fail miserably.

To mock you, yes. Guilty as charged.

false.jfif
                              I accuse you of BEING a - not ing occassionally.

Everybody else here gets that except you.

Why? Because you're a

Now, can we PLEASE get back on topic, or do you wish to continue derailing your own thread?
                              You appear rather cross. Why is that? Are you annoyed that you openly acknowledged your hypocrisy?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Why don't you answer my question to you?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment