Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ashli Babbitt’s Mom Speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Engaging in risky behavior does increase the risk of negative consequences. This doesn't mean the consequences are deserved.
    I believe we are in agreement with that 100%, and have been saying so.

This reminds me of the debate over whether women should be given tips to protect themselves ans avoid rape. Many feminists call it "victim blaming" and say that we should instead just instruct men not to rape women. I frankly find that stupid.
    Yeah, as I've often said, if it were my daughter, I would do my best to help her understand the increased risk she's taking upon herself. Not because she is to blame, but because genuinely love her.

Same thing with a black man giving his son "the talk". No, he shouldn't HAVE to do that. But if he truly loves his son, he'll give the talk.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Engaging in risky behavior does increase the risk of negative consequences. This doesn't mean the consequences are deserved.

This reminds me of the debate over whether women should be given tips to protect themselves ans avoid rape. Many feminists call it "victim blaming" and say that we should instead just instruct men not to rape women. I frankly find that stupid.
      Common sense advice is just... common sense. Like going in a group when you're going toward your car after dark, whether you're at work, or leaving a club, is just sound judgment.

That isn't victim blaming but showing someone how to avoid being the victim. Something I'd think most anyone would prefer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• W.R.T. Floyd specifically, the Left goes beyond portraying him as a victim to lionizing him as some sort of noble hero. That's a reason to point out he was a turd, while affirming that turdhood does not in and of itself merit execution.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Oh, for cyrin out loud --- to WHOM?
          QAnon and radical conservatives in general.

And having seen the incredibly unprofessional and undisciplined manner in which he acted, he'd probably pee his pants and cry for mommy.
          Shooting a terrorist breaking into a barricaded room after they were repeatedly warned to back away is unprofessional and undisciplined? When exactly is the correct moment to use deadly force against a terrorist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

Shooting a terrorist breaking into a barricaded room after they were repeatedly warned to back away is unprofessional and undisciplined? When exactly is the correct moment to use deadly force against a terrorist?
            You really should change your name to Psycho Missing.

Show me the proof that she - the unarmed woman who was shot dead - had been warned to back away.
            Did you actually WATCH the video?

There are cops standing in front of her not stopping the demonstrators from beating on the doors, they are NOT warning her to get back.
            They're pretty much just standing there while people beat on the windows and smash them out.
            Perhaps they knew that help was on the way, because the "heavily armed" police show up and they step aside.

The "heavily armed police" do nothing to stop her from attempting to climb through the window.

The shooter does not appear to do anything such as "repeatedly warn" her --- you can see him darting in and out of cover, nervously changing the grip on his weapon, then he shoots.

Not even knowing that his "heavily armed" buddies are on the other side of the door.

If you have proof that the shooter identified himself and clearly commanded her to stop - "repeatedly warning" her, as you say, then put up or shut up.

Yes, the shooter was unprofessional and undisciplined both in THIS incident, and earlier when he was dangerously handling his weapon with his own protectees in his line of fire.
            Not only "unprofessional and undisciplined" but outright dangerous.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Common sense advice is just... common sense. Like going in a group when you're going toward your car after dark, whether you're at work, or leaving a club, is just sound judgment.

That isn't victim blaming but showing someone how to avoid being the victim. Something I'd think most anyone would prefer.
              The idea that we can simply tell people not to commit violent crimes is the same brilliant logic that thought the Kellogg-Briand Pact could eliminate war.

Having said that, I have heard the specific talking point I mention more times than I could count.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

"It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

So we should continue to cover up what happened -- an obvious instance of a trigger-happy cop, who if the victim wasn't a Trump supporter and perhaps not white, your ilk would be screaming bloody murder over -- because the truth might embolden some nut cases.

Do you really want to take that stand?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The idea that we can simply tell people not to commit violent crimes is the same brilliant logic that thought the Kellogg-Briand Pact could eliminate war.

Having said that, I have heard the specific talking point I mention more times than I could count.
                    Or the establishment of gun-free zones.

Comment

• A) That's stupid
                      2) Stop posting "art" in my thread.

Thanks

Comment

• Can anybody demonstrate any attempt at all by the shooter to identify himself as a police officer, and warn the unarmed woman to back down?

What we see is an apparently very nervous man ducking in and out of cover nervously changing the grip on his weapon, and he shoots at the victim.

Psycho Missile had said that the "terrorists" were repeatedly warned to stay back. Absolutely false with regard to this incident.

It was the duty and obligation to...

A) identify himself as a police officer (he was in a suit)
                        2) take command of the situation and issue a warning
                        C) ONLY use deadly force if his life (or the life of another) was in immediate mortal danger

He appeared to be in panic mode, not "command presence".

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                          You mean like how your side portrays George Floyd as a crucified Jesus?

Comment

A) That's stupid
                            2) Stop posting "art" in my thread.

Thanks
                            Oops.

Comment

Can anybody demonstrate any attempt at all by the shooter to identify himself as a police officer, and warn the unarmed woman to back down?

What we see is an apparently very nervous man ducking in and out of cover nervously changing the grip on his weapon, and he shoots at the victim.

Psycho Missile had said that the "terrorists" were repeatedly warned to stay back. Absolutely false with regard to this incident.

It was the duty and obligation to...

A) identify himself as a police officer (he was in a suit)
                              2) take command of the situation and issue a warning
                              C) ONLY use deadly force if his life (or the life of another) was in immediate mortal danger

He appeared to be in panic mode, not "command presence".
                              FWIU, there had been several such warnings issued by the cops who ended up stepping aside to allow them to proceed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Oops.
                                You can post art. I like you.

Comment