Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sentences handed out to January 6 rioters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Can you provide a list of the BLM and related "mostly peaceful" protesters who have also profusely apologized for their anarchy?
    I don't know of any protestors at the January 6th riot who were members of BLM. If you know of any, please present the information in this thread. If you are referring to events outside the January 6th riot, then that is a topic for another thread.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      I don't know of any protestors at the January 6th riot who were members of BLM. If you know of any, please present the information in this thread. If you are referring to events outside the January 6th riot, then that is a topic for another thread.
      I'm not sure if you're just playing dense, or you really are that dense, because there was a WHOLE lot more going on than the January 6th riot.

I believe that ANYBODY who violates the law should be arrested and tried - whether they were rioters at the Capitol or thugs in Portland or any of the other cites where there has been rampant looting, rioting, rebellion and anarchy.

You seem to be one of those who has no problem with a gross injustice of double standard.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am not aware of any BLM or Antifa members who were present at the January 6th riot, but who had all charges against them reduced or dropped. If you know of any such protestors, please present the information here. If you are referring to events unrelated to the January 6th protest, then that is outside the topic of this thread, but if you start up another thread on that topic I'll consider replying there.
        So if you riot and loot it is okay except in Washington D.C. on January 6th

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm not sure if you're just playing dense, or you really are that dense, because there was a WHOLE lot more going on than the January 6th riot.

I believe that ANYBODY who violates the law should be arrested and tried - whether they were rioters at the Capitol or thugs in Portland or any of the other cites where there has been rampant looting, rioting, rebellion and anarchy.

You seem to be one of those who has no problem with a gross injustice of double standard.
          The words "Equal Justice Under Law" is inscribed on the front of the U.S. Supreme Court Building and are derived from the 14th Amendment

But that's probably considered racist now. Old Joe probably thinks it's more Jim Crow.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            So if you riot and loot it is okay except in Washington D.C. on January 6th
            The topic of this thread is the January 6th riot that took place at the Capitol Building. If you wish to discuss other riots, then I suggest you start up a new thread on that topic.

Comment

We’ll, I guess all of us except you and shuny should exit this thread forthwith, since all of us except you and shuny can see the gross hypocrisy in this conversation, perpetrated by you and shuny.

And now you are starting to sound just like shuny. “You are not saying what I want you say about the op, so blah, blah, blah….”.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The topic of this thread is the January 6th riot that took place at the Capitol Building. If you wish to discuss other riots, then I suggest you start up a new thread on that topic.
                What you want is the equivalent of seeing a dozen guys jump one person and beat him to a pulp at the end of which the beaten person lands one feeble punch, and for everyone to focus on that last punch as the sole act of violence

Believe me, I can understand why you're desperate to do so, because any comparison leaves you smelling like you swam through a sewer.

And with that, adios. I need to shake the dust off my feet now.
                Last edited by rogue06; 07-24-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

What you want is the equivalent of seeing a dozen guys jump one person and beat him to a pulp at the end of which the beaten person lands one feeble punch, and for everyone to focus on that last punch as the sole act of violence

Believe me, I can understand why you're desperate to do so, because any comparison leaves you smelling like you swam through a sewer.

And with that, adios. I need to shake the dust off my feet now.
                  You apparently want to prove the innocence of the January 6th rioters by proving that other people at other places at other times were guilty of similar crimes. In a fair court, a defendant can't prove his innocence by showing that others are guilty of the same crime.

Comment

You apparently want to prove the innocence of the January 6th rioters by proving that other people at other places at other times were guilty of similar crimes. In a fair court, a defendant can't prove his innocence by showing that others are guilty of the same crime.
                    Nope just showing the hypocrisy of hte Dems and the left.

Comment

I am not aware of any BLM or Antifa members who were present at the January 6th riot, but who had all charges against them reduced or dropped.
                      Of course w're not referring to the mostly peaceful protest on January 6, and your feigned ignorance is not as cute as you seem to think.

In case you missed it last week, serious charges against hundreds of individuals who engaged in rioting last summer have been dropped by local and federal authorities.

First, the WSJ reports on the federal cases:

Federal prosecutors in Portland, Ore., have moved to dismiss almost half the cases they charged in connection with violence accompanying last year’s protests over racial injustice, as authorities grapple with how to tamp down politically motivated unrest that has arisen since then.

Of 96 cases the U.S. attorney’s office in Portland filed last year charging protesters with federal crimes, including assaulting federal officers, civil disorder, and failing to obey, prosecutors have dropped 47 of them, government documents show. Ten people have pleaded guilty to related charges and two were ordered detained pending trial. None have gone to trial.

The penalties levied so far against any federal defendants, most of whom were arrested in clashes around federal buildings in Portland including the courthouse, have largely consisted of community service, such as working in a food bank or encouraging people to vote.

Next, local prosecutors in cities across the country are refusing to follow through with consequences.

The vast majority of citations and charges against George Floyd protesters were ultimately dropped, dismissed or otherwise not filed, according to a Guardian analysis of law enforcement records and media reports in a dozen jurisdictions around the nation.

In most of a dozen jurisdictions examined, at least 90% of cases were dropped or dismissed. In some cities, like Dallas and Philadelphia, as many as 95% of citations were dropped or not prosecuted.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...opped-n2589157
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-24-2021, 11:07 AM.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Yes, because they commited insurrection.
                        Then why was no one charged insurrection?

United States Code Title 18, it is illegal to incite, assist with, or participate in a rebellion or insurrection against U.S. laws and authority.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yes, because they commited insurrection.
                          Apparently not. Not a single one has been charged, let alone convicted of insurrection. Because the Prosecutors know they can't prove something that didn't happen.

Comment

The words "Equal Justice Under Law" is inscribed on the front of the U.S. Supreme Court Building and are derived from the 14th Amendment

But that's probably considered racist now. Old Joe probably thinks it's more Jim Crow.
                            Interestingly, that very building was assaulted and nearly broken into during the Kavanaugh hearings by liberals (they also flooded a Senate building), but nary a peep was heard about 'insurrection'.....

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Then why was no one charged insurrection?

United States Code Title 18, it is illegal to incite, assist with, or participate in a rebellion or insurrection against U.S. laws and authority.
                              That is what they actually did. Difficulty ro prosecute in contemporary court system

Comment

That is what they actually did. Difficulty ro prosecute in contemporary court system
                                What an idiot...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment