Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sentences handed out to January 6 rioters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout the capitol police officer (or whoever it was) who shot and killed the 35-year old female Air Force veteran for trying to climb in a window?

She was the only person shot and killed that day, while all the media was trumpeting the outright lie that a capitol police officer had been bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The closest to that theory I've heard was that there were a few BLM or Antifa members in the crowd, but, no..... hadn't heard that false flag nonsense.
      Oh, they were definitely there. BLM and Antifa members were spotted in various pictures and videos, but they claim they were simply there to "document" and weren't involved in any kind of protest, which I personally find hard to believe, but that aside, this is the first time I've heard anything about a "false false" operation.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Oh, the irony!
        ]

With enough effort you can get the wrinkles out of your undies.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

The topic of this thread is the January 6th riot that took place at the Capitol Building. If you wish to discuss other riots, then I suggest you start up a new thread on that topic.
          Only the most unclean of anal pores would insist on isolating Jan. 6 from the precipitating context of the previous few years.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            ]

With enough effort you can get the wrinkles out of your undies.
            Do you do dope, Shuny? Sometimes you can write something almost cogent, but so often you write this kind of stupid crap somebody on drugs would write.

Sometimes you almost sound intelligent, but many times you just sound like some ignorant hillbilly saying really stupid and childish things.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Only the most unclean of anal pores would insist on isolating Jan. 6 from the precipitating context of the previous few years.
              It's your classic "Pay on attention to the man behind the curtain....." diversion nonsense.

Comment

In regards to BLM and Antifa protesters, Mountain Man wrote:

Many Trump supporters claim that the January 6th riot was a false flag operation, and that the people who committed crimes at the Capitol Building were members of either BLM or Antifa. It appears you reject that theory?
                I know some people believe that. I don't know about "many." It would not surprise me if there were *some* BLM and/or AntiFa people present to cause trouble. But on the whole, no, I don't believe it was a "false flag" op., but I definitely would not rule out FBI entrapment scheme.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Then there's this. I particularly like all the outraged comments from Facebook libtards that they included.

Personally, I am not as sanguine as Mr. Bovard. I think they'll manage to find some way to railroad a number of people, and find excuses to disrupt the lives of people who were only present for the rally, not the shenanigans.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Then there's this. I particularly like all the outraged comments from Facebook libtards that they included.

Personally, I am not as sanguine as Mr. Bovard. I think they'll manage to find some way to railroad a number of people, and find excuses to disrupt the lives of people who were only present for the rally, not the shenanigans.
                    Oh, they'll find a bad comparison to make it seem as if BLM protesters were treated worse.

You know, the guy who walked into the capitol but didn't do much else, gets 8 months, whereas this racial justice protester who tried to burn down a police station got multiple years in prison...how is that fair. The capitol guy obviously did worse.

Its the same way that they compare two superficially similar crimes, and say that even though they occured in different states, with different laws, different punishment recommendations, and different judges, as well as potentially different criminal backgrounds, different behavior during arrest, different behavior in court, etc. That the only difference worth mentioning is that one is black and one is white, and that's why the white person got a lighter sentence
                    Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 07-25-2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

You apparently want to prove the innocence of the January 6th rioters by proving that other people at other places at other times were guilty of similar crimes. In a fair court, a defendant can't prove his innocence by showing that others are guilty of the same crime.
                      Not. Even. Close.

I want both sides treated equally. Take the violent troublemakers from both sides and prosecute them. But that isn't even remotely what we are seeing.

Btw, in a fair court a defendant NEVER has to prove their innocence, and yes, demonstrating selective enforcement has been grounds for dismissing cases.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Of course w're not referring to the mostly peaceful protest on January 6, and your feigned ignorance is not as cute as you seem to think.

In case you missed it last week, serious charges against hundreds of individuals who engaged in rioting last summer have been dropped by local and federal authorities.

First, the WSJ reports on the federal cases:

Federal prosecutors in Portland, Ore., have moved to dismiss almost half the cases they charged in connection with violence accompanying last year’s protests over racial injustice, as authorities grapple with how to tamp down politically motivated unrest that has arisen since then.

Of 96 cases the U.S. attorney’s office in Portland filed last year charging protesters with federal crimes, including assaulting federal officers, civil disorder, and failing to obey, prosecutors have dropped 47 of them, government documents show. Ten people have pleaded guilty to related charges and two were ordered detained pending trial. None have gone to trial.

The penalties levied so far against any federal defendants, most of whom were arrested in clashes around federal buildings in Portland including the courthouse, have largely consisted of community service, such as working in a food bank or encouraging people to vote.

Next, local prosecutors in cities across the country are refusing to follow through with consequences.

The vast majority of citations and charges against George Floyd protesters were ultimately dropped, dismissed or otherwise not filed, according to a Guardian analysis of law enforcement records and media reports in a dozen jurisdictions around the nation.

In most of a dozen jurisdictions examined, at least 90% of cases were dropped or dismissed. In some cities, like Dallas and Philadelphia, as many as 95% of citations were dropped or not prosecuted.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...opped-n2589157
                        Soros' organizations have been funneling a whole lot of money into local elections of DAs for the past few years and now we are seeing why.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I know some people believe that. I don't know about "many." It would not surprise me if there were *some* BLM and/or AntiFa people present to cause trouble. But on the whole, no, I don't believe it was a "false flag" op., but I definitely would not rule out FBI entrapment scheme.
                          A Leftist strawman, possibly. I don't anyone who claimed Jan 6 was a false flag operation. One person was arrested both in DC and the year prior in Seatlle or Portland, so he was a suspicious participant, but that's all I'm aware of.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there was an antifa presence. They were certainly in DC when they attacked Rand Paul.

Comment

Trump was charged with "incitement of insurrection" during his 2nd impeachment trial.
                            Excuse me a sec while I set my juice down for this...

I figure that before too long the left will become very embarrassed by their Impeachment Circuses and much like what we're seeing with their Defund the Police insanity, will try to blame Republicans for it.

Comment

1) Anna Morgan-Lloyd (Indiana), sentenced June 23rd, trespassing (a misdemeanor); $500 fine, three years probation, 40 hours community service

(2) Michael Curzio (Florida), sentenced July 12, unlawful protesting (a misdemeanor); $500 fine, 6 months in prison

(3) Paul Hodgkins (Florida), sentenced July 19, obstructing an official proceeding (a felony); 8 months in prison

I will update this list as more people are sentenced. Since 600 people have thus far been charged, it will take awhile for all the cases to make it through the courts.
                              If this was really people trying to overthrow the government, I find these sentences very mild and lenient. For me, this undercuts the argument that January 6th was an insurrection.
                              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

If this was really people trying to overthrow the government, I find these sentences very mild and lenient. For me, this undercuts the argument that January 6th was an insurrection.

Comment