Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"go, sell all that you have and give to the poor..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Oh that was to give our self-styled Classicist a chance to actually answer some questions he had never addressed after he had posted a long reply to my thread alleging he had done so.
    The same questions that I answered where you asked them resulting in you getting angry that I was "derailing" your thread? So when your meds finally kicked in and you realized that was a stupid response, decided to try again with a new thread, oh fraudulent "historian" who keeps making the sort of mistakes that one expects from a freshman in their first quarter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The same questions that I answered where you asked them resulting in you getting angry that I was "derailing" your thread? So when your meds finally kicked in and you realized that was a stupid response, decided to try again with a new thread, oh fraudulent "historian" who keeps making the sort of mistakes that one expects from a freshman in their first quarter.
      You have never addressed the specific questions I put to you on the last post [mine] on the Roman Fortifications Question thread.

And you never addressed those specific questions when I reposted them on the thread I opened for you [i.e. An opportunity for our self-styled Classicist to defend his earlier contentions] and which was in response to your comments on my thread re the Cerne Abbas Giant

And you ignored those same specific questions on this thread [on my screen page 46 post # 685]

However, we have danced around this quite long enough. You won't answer those specific questions because we both know you cannot. And there is an end to it.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

In what capacity? Did he have his own area like Deeper Waters or Glory Seed?
        No, he was just a poster.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          No, he was just a poster.
          Oh thank you.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

You have never addressed the specific questions I put to you on the last post [mine] on the Roman Fortifications Question thread.

And you never addressed those specific questions when I reposted them on the thread I opened for you [i.e. An opportunity for our self-styled Classicist to defend his earlier contentions] and which was in response to your comments on my thread re the Cerne Abbas Giant

And you ignored those same specific questions on this thread [on my screen page 46 post # 685]

However, we have danced around this quite long enough. You won't answer those specific questions because we both know you cannot. And there is an end to it.
            Obviously you have issues and are reluctant to take your medication to treat it, but as I've repeatedly been clear that I'm nothing more than an interested amateur. Once again you are projecting since you are the one who keeps taking on airs and pretending to be a legitimate historians who boasts how "with regard to the discipline of history I know a great more than most of the contributors to these boards" -- but one who keeps making the sort of errors that someone in their first quarter of their first year learns not to make.

For instance, shouldn't a legitimate historian actually at the very least skim through something before proclaiming that it was "sweeping and unsupported generalisation" and that "what [I] wrote is arrant nonsense." You were able to make that assessment without so much as reading a single word I wrote.

And how do I know you didn't read any of it before declaring it was "arrant nonsense"? Because I checked the count for the number of viewers who had looked at the thread I linked to when I posted it. And after you commented that number was the same. Nobody had followed the link including you. But that didn't stop the faux historian from dismissing it as "arrant nonsense."

And when you were humiliated enough by your actions into reading it you declared that Christians picked December 25th for the date of Jesus' birth because they were trying to co-opt the Winter Solstice. Of course the problem with that is that they don't take place on the same day which sort of defeats the whole purpose of co-opting a certain day.

"Historian"

And not to mention so much unintended irony coming from Ms. "Sniped for relevance" who runs from virtually every question put to her. Typically your response to a question is to claim its irrelevant or to simply declare your intention to refuse to provide any answers.

For instance, how many times have you been asked to explain exactly what "extraneous corroborative evidence" that we should have about Jesus, Peter, Paul etc. but don't? You keep bringing it up, but for whatever reason any time you're asked to explain you turn tail and run for the hills only to return to make the same claim again. Once you even declared you wouldn't answer because it would derail the thread, while derailing the thread!

As Scott Chandler observed in his A Defense of the Resurrection of Christ Against the Liberal Revisionism of John Dominic Crossan

"If we apply to the Bible the credence we would to other literary documents, Scripture is a slam dunk. Conversely, if you discount Scripture, then all of ancient history is a sham. Professor and philosopher John Warwick Montgomery was right: “to be skeptical of the resultant text of the New Testament books is to let all of classical antiquity to slip into obscurity, for no other documents of the ancient periods are as well attested… as the New Testament.

Obvious H_A disagrees but continually refuses to just what sort of "extraneous corroborative evidence" that we should expect to have.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And not to mention so much unintended irony coming from Ms. "Sniped for relevance" who runs

was that deliberate?
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

was that deliberate?
                While I do relish loading my posts with things that have two or three potential meanings as well as a good deal of word play, occasionally what I write is innocent of such tomfoolery. Such as this.

Comment