Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's claims that vaccines cause autism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I've not "made fun of" them. I have disagreed with your idea of them, and found your logic in defending them stupid, but I've never used them as a punch line.
    Of course you have. Right here you make fun of the whole LGBT community. I don't care by the way, but don't act like you don't make fun of people who you think have mental disorders.

Check the color of my user name. I actually have some say in what the rules are here, stupid. Don't like it? Leave.
    I'm talking about the principle here, not whether you have the power. Don't be a hypocrite.

You have no children, do you?
    Yes, and they're both autistic and transgendered.

That's not making fun of it. It's calling it what it is. Autism is a mental disorder too.
    I'm not saying you considering it a mental disorder is the making fun of it, I'm simply saying it falls under the category of mental disorder according to you, and you've make fun of at various times in other ways. Just don't be a hypocrite is all I'm asking. Don't act like a triggered snowflake when some one makes fun of autism, and yet be ok with making fun of other mental disorders.

Yeah we do.
    Prove it.
    Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
      Of course you have. Right here you make fun of the whole LGBT community. I don't care by the way, but don't act like you don't make fun of people who you think have mental disorders.
      That's not making fun of them, stupid. That's making fun of idiots like you who make this super-long acronym to lump these different groups in.

I'm talking about the principle here, not whether you have the power. Don't be a hypocrite.
      The point remains. I DO have the power to make rules around here. That you disagree with them means absolutely nothing to me.

Yes, and they're both autistic and transgendered.
      Prove it.

I'm not saying you considering it a mental disorder is the making fun of it, I'm simply saying it falls under the category of mental disorder according to you, and you've make fun of at various times in other ways. Just don't be a hypocrite is all I'm asking. Don't act like a triggered snowflake when some one makes fun of autism, and yet be ok with making fun of other mental disorders.
      I don't think any mental disorder should be used as a punch line. I do not waver on that. I think morons who want to claim it is normal are stupid, and I mock their stupidity. That's different.

Prove it.
      Why?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That's not making fun of them, stupid. That's making fun of idiots like you who make this super-long acronym to lump these different groups in.
        That is making fun of them.

The point remains. I DO have the power to make rules around here. That you disagree with them means absolutely nothing to me.
        Then I guess you have no problem being a hypocrite.

Prove it.
        Right after you prove we have souls.

I don't think any mental disorder should be used as a punch line. I do not waver on that. I think morons who want to claim it is normal are stupid, and I mock their stupidity. That's different.
        Accept you've made fun of the LBGT community whenever it suits you. Go for it, just don't be a hypocrite.

Why?
        If you insist...

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
          That is making fun of them.
          No it isn't. It's making fun of you lot who gave them that label.

Then I guess you have no problem being a hypocrite.
          You keep using that word...

Accept you've made fun of the LBGT community whenever it suits you. Go for it, just don't be a hypocrite.
          No I didn't. I made fun of that stupid label.

And with this response, I'll just wait for you to get your upcoming infractions and hit the matrix.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No it isn't. It's making fun of you lot who gave them that label.
            Which is making fun of the community. It's the community that will be offended.

You keep using that word...
            It's fitting.

No I didn't. I made fun of that stupid label.

And with this response, I'll just wait for you to get your upcoming infractions and hit the matrix.
            See above.

Comment