Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cruz endorses Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz endorses Trump

"After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump," he posted on Facebook.

The move prompted astonishment, anger among Cruz die-hards with little love for the party's coarse and volatile nominee, and taunts that Cruz is far less consistent than he claims. There was also relief for many Republicans who have worried about the rifts Trump has exposed in the party.

Conservatives who have hung tough in the "Never Trump" camp expressed dismay. Steve Deace, an Iowa radio host, called it "the worst political miscalculation of my lifetime."

"Cruz will not mobilize the remnant of his base not already supporting Trump, but rather split that remnant and risk turning it against himself," he predicted.

Rick Tyler, a Cruz adviser turned pundit, said he's removing the Cruz bumper sticker from his car. "It's mourning in America for conservatives. We lost our leader today," he told MSNBC.

Cruz has positioned himself as an incorruptible truth teller, and for some of his fans, this went too far.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/polit...nald-trump.ece
    looks outside window

Are those pigs flying!?!??!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

I think this is Cruz's last-gap effort to salvage his political career, but it's too little too late.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It may help Trump with some of Cruz's followers, but I don't think it really helps Cruz at all.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It may help Trump with some of Cruz's followers, but I don't think it really helps Cruz at all.
        Meanwhile, Kasich is probably getting a stronger 2020 election bid if Trump loses. If he wins, then all bets are off.
        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I support the :
        sigpic

Comment

It's a rather lukewarm endorsement. His stated reasons are "well, I'm required to support him" (all of the candidates signed a pledge saying they would support whoever won, which ironically I think was done to force Trump to support whoever would win) and "at least he's not Hillary Clinton."

At least he's not bending over backwards to the extent Bernie Sanders did with Clinton.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            It's a rather lukewarm endorsement. His stated reasons are "well, I'm required to support him" (all of the candidates signed a pledge saying they would support whoever won, which ironically I think was done to force Trump to support whoever would win) and "at least he's not Hillary Clinton."

At least he's not bending over backwards to the extent Bernie Sanders did with Clinton.
            There's been an indication from the Trump campaign that, if you don't get behind me, you'll have no part in my kingdom.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              There's been an indication from the Trump campaign that, if you don't get behind me, you'll have no part in my kingdom.
              Typical.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment