Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WaPo gives Biden 4 Pinnocchios for claims about Georgia voting law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Gee, then we should remove rifling from the barrels and make gun sights illegal too! Then bullets will just fly everywhere! LOL. How does making a gun less accurate make it safer in any way?
    I didn't say it made sense -- liberal policies rarely do -- I was just trying to stoop down to the mental level of the typical Democrat to try and make sense of the proposal. I might have hurt my brain in the process.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Just give the gun to Abby - she'll cold-stare at it until a serial number surfaces as legible as girl wearing nothing but a smile and a towel in the picture on the billboard in the field near the big old highway.

abby.jfif
      "Zoom and enhance. ZOOM AND ENHANCE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Gee, then we should remove rifling from the barrels and make gun sights illegal too! Then bullets will just fly everywhere! LOL. How does making a gun less accurate make it safer in any way?

To rogue: "ghost guns" like Biden is talking about would only happen if someone basically made their own lower receiver (not an easy job, and if they did, then Biden's EO wouldn't apply anyway*), or 3D printed a gun. If you buy a lower receiver from an online store, it has to be shipped to an FFL store (a gun store with a Federal Firearms License) - it will have a serial number, and you will have to pass a standard background check.

* you can buy unfinished receivers and complete them yourself if you have machining tools. They are basically just blanks of metal that you have to mill and machine into functioning receivers. those can be sold without a serial number. Here is info on them: https://www.80lowerjig.com/80-lower-...-federal-2020/
        Or you can use lost wax casting process (around for thousands of years) and make it yourself like they've been doing in mountain village of Afghanistan for centuries. They can build even are most sophisticated assault rifles from scratch.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"Zoom and enhance. ZOOM AND ENHANCE!"
          It's the enhance part that is the issue. I'd think you can only get so much data from a pixel.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It's the enhance part that is the issue. I'd think you can only get so much data from a pixel.
            You can't fool me, I've seen CSI. They can extract a crystal clear image of the killer from a single pixel!

Comment

You can't fool me, I've seen CSI. They can extract a crystal clear image of the killer from a single pixel!
              And MaGee can track his/her movements through every traffic cam in the world real time and predict where he'll come out next, text the address to Gibbs, who is just down the block ready to swoop in!!!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

From a single pixel of a pair of sunglasses they can make out the reflection in the sunglasses of the reflection from a store front that shows the killer across the street lurking in the shadows.

Abby!

And now the shadows have been digitally removed and enhanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  From a single pixel of a pair of sunglasses they can make out the reflection in the sunglasses of the reflection from a store front that shows the killer across the street lurking in the shadows.

Abby!

And now the shadows have been digitally removed and enhanced.
                  I seem to remember an episode of CSI or NCIS or a similar program where they only had footage of the victim just before he was killed, and so they got an image of the killer as reflected in the victim's eye.

Although I think by far the most absurd was in the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman where the protagonist was concealing something behind him, so the evil government agency rotated the image to see what it was!

Although sometimes life imitates art. Remember the Jussie Smollet hoax where the police released an image showing two persons of interest?

5113778_013019-wls-smollett-surveillance-img.jpg
                  And then remember how they actually caught they guys? That must have been one heck of a "zoom and enhance"!

Comment

I seem to remember an episode of CSI or NCIS or a similar program where they only had footage of the victim just before he was killed, and so they got an image of the killer as reflected in the victim's eye.

Although I think by far the most absurd was in the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman where the protagonist was concealing something behind him, so the evil government agency rotated the image to see what it was!

Although sometimes life imitates art. Remember the Jussie Smollet hoax where the police released an image showing two persons of interest?

5113778_013019-wls-smollett-surveillance-img.jpg
                    And then remember how they actually caught they guys? That must have been one heck of a "zoom and enhance"!
                    Something very similar in the original Blade Runner, where they (let's see if I have this right) used a super home computer to examine a photograph and using a mirror in the picture to see around a corner they could create a 3-D model of an area.

ETA: Close.

Last edited by rogue06; 04-08-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Comment