Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WaPo gives Biden 4 Pinnocchios for claims about Georgia voting law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It really does surprise me how few people realize this very basic fact, and just believe anything they're told.
    Tbh, I can only speak for the state that I live in. It is conceivable that other states use different procedures but so far when I've asked people from other areas they have so far all said that they think it is the same elsewhere as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Since when do black people run their polling places, or determine how many polling places are set up throughout the state and where they are distributed?
      Since black-majority areas which we're talking about, elect black (or at least Democrat) people. Polling places, and the running of polling places, are done by counties in all but DC (where the district does it). Local government/board. They are the ones that vote in the Democrat/black Democrat officials that oversee how polling places are run.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Tbh, I can only speak for the state that I live in. It is conceivable that other states use different procedures but so far when I've asked people from other areas they have so far all said that they think it is the same elsewhere as well.
        It's every state, AFAICT. Only DC runs it 'non-local', and then only because it's so small and it has weird stuff going on due to its status as a federal district and not a state.

Comment

I have been looking for exceptions to the rule in ANY of the 50 states - it appears that all counties/parishes establish their own polling places, and staff them accordingly. If a particular ward or district has a problem with their polling place, it would be wise for them to check to see who establishes those, and deal with that individual or entity.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Since when do black people run their polling places, or determine how many polling places are set up throughout the state and where they are distributed?
            Why are you so racist? PEOPLE run their polling places, and if a majority of them are black, they should consult with whoever it is --- LOCALLY --- who establishes their polling places. Or, perhaps, you think black people are too stupid to do that? Why is it that liberals have to look at black people as ignorant and "have to be cared for"?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have been looking for exceptions to the rule in ANY of the 50 states - it appears that all counties/parishes establish their own polling places, and staff them accordingly. If a particular ward or district has a problem with their polling place, it would be wise for them to check to see who establishes those, and deal with that individual or entity.
              That is pretty much what I figured but having only voted in one state (lived in six or so) I didn't want to assume

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why are you so racist? PEOPLE run their polling places, and if a majority of them are black, they should consult with whoever it is --- LOCALLY --- who establishes their polling places. Or, perhaps, you think black people are too stupid to do that? Why is it that liberals have to look at black people as ignorant and "have to be cared for"?
                C'monman!

Old Joe hisself informed us that black folks -- especially those in rural and urban environments -- are kind of slow. You know. Not being able to figure out how to turn on much less operate a computer or cell phone. Or knowing anyone (relative, friend, neighbor, co-worker...) who would either.

Good thing there are so many kind woke white people, willing and able to step in and show those just not as smart or gifted as they and their woke friends are, how to do the things. Things way too complex for all those nice articulate, bright and clean and definitely oppressed lessers.
                Last edited by Bill the Cat; 04-06-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Comment

I don't know how many amen notifications you got on that, but I amend it multiple times by un-amening and then amening.
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I think the new law mandates that drop boxes be inside buildings with restricted access, instead of being outside where they can be used at any time.
                      How is that bad? Also before there were no provisions for drop boxes at all. Now they have MANDATED them.

Comment

If the system is set up so you are required to vote in your district, and the majority black districts have 8 hour lines, and the majority white districts have 20 min lines, does that mean the black folks are too dumb to figure out how to vote, or does it mean the system is stacked against them?
                        Polls are not allowed to close while people are in line. And again, they have added extra days and extra hours, and drop boxes. There is no excuse for not being able to vote if you want to. This law is not restricting anyone's right to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

How is that bad? Also before there were no provisions for drop boxes at all. Now they have MANDATED them.
                          That's just it. If they hadn't passed this law there would not have been any ballot drop boxes anywhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Polls are not allowed to close while people are in line. And again, they have added extra days and extra hours, and drop boxes. There is no excuse for not being able to vote if you want to. This law is not restricting anyone's right to vote.
                            Not to mention you can still mail in your vote with an absentee ballot.

The claims from the left were blatantly obvious hogwash but we can always count on the MSM and old Joe to openly lie about it.

Comment

That's just it. If they hadn't passed this law there would not have been any ballot drop boxes anywhere at all.
                              But oh no! Now people can't just walk up at 3 AM in the morning on a dark alley and put in their ballots! They have to walk into a building with people watching! The injustice of it all! Jim Crow Eleventy-One!

Comment

Not to mention you can still mail in your vote with an absentee ballot.

The claims from the left were blatantly obvious hogwash but we can always count on the MSM and old Joe to openly lie about it.
                                Because Joe's Puppet Masters splained it to him, and he dutifully went out and attacked it --- and gullible liberals swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Comment