Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Senate passes new covid relief bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, the guy who does our alarm system for our Church was in today on a low battery issue -- he asked us to let him know if we had anybody looking for a job, because virtually all of his assistants are suddenly getting more money to stay home than to come to work.
    Putting in burglar alarms was one of my first jobs as a teenager. Good job too. Sure beat working at KFC.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I knew a guy who wall papered a small room in his old Victorian era home in old confederate money that his family had saved because it was worthless. Then about a decade later folks started collecting it.
    Just how old are you? and does mossy know?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    So, the guy who does our alarm system for our Church was in today on a low battery issue -- he asked us to let him know if we had anybody looking for a job, because virtually all of his assistants are suddenly getting more money to stay home than to come to work.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Then they just keep printing more and more, until a loaf of bread costs $100 because nobody is working at the bakery any more.
    I knew a guy who wall papered a small room in his old Victorian era home in old confederate money that his family had saved because it was worthless. Then about a decade later folks started collecting it.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Then they just keep printing more and more, until a loaf of bread costs $100 because nobody is working at the bakery any more.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Where do they think the money to do this will come from? Especially when millions of people would just stop working if they had $2000 non taxable income a month. per person. A couple would have $4,000 plus whatever they get for their children.

Leave a comment:

• QuantaFille
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I recently received a letter informing me about an "upcoming" stimulus payment that I had received months ago.
    I did, too.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's all been a push to normalize a universal basic income.
    Where do they think the money to do this will come from? Especially when millions of people would just stop working if they had $2000 non taxable income a month. per person. A couple would have $4,000 plus whatever they get for their children.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Ilhan, AOC and Crew want to send out $2000 monthly checks to everyone now.

They are determined to wreck the economy and make everyone dependent on the government.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...al/ar-BB1ddUIp
    It's all been a push to normalize a universal basic income.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Ilhan, AOC and Crew want to send out $2000 monthly checks to everyone now.

They are determined to wreck the economy and make everyone dependent on the government.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...al/ar-BB1ddUIp

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    My best friend last week got a notification that she would be sent $600, and then today $1400 showed up in her account. This whole thing is crazy. From what she can make out, she got $600 when she should have gotten $1200 last year, never got the $600 one a few months ago, and now got $1400 when they told her she qualified for $600.
    I recently received a letter informing me about an "upcoming" stimulus payment that I had received months ago.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

I want to use Biden's bribe against him by buying a AR-15 and some ammo. But durn it! Everything is out of stock! Biden is a better gun salesman than Obama ever was!

If anyone knows where I can get a left-handed AR-15 let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Although I am going to keep my stimulus, it never should have been sent. This is going to be hyperinflation for our kids and grandkids.

I guess it was Seinfeld who said "People don't turn down money. It's what separates us from the animals."
    I want to use Biden's bribe against him by buying a AR-15 and some ammo. But durn it! Everything is out of stock! Biden is a better gun salesman than Obama ever was!

If anyone knows where I can get a left-handed AR-15 let me know.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    My best friend last week got a notification that she would be sent $600, and then today $1400 showed up in her account. This whole thing is crazy. From what she can make out, she got $600 when she should have gotten $1200 last year, never got the $600 one a few months ago, and now got $1400 when they told her she qualified for $600.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Although I am going to keep my stimulus, it never should have been sent. This is going to be hyperinflation for our kids and grandkids.

I guess it was Seinfeld who said "People don't turn down money. It's what separates us from the animals."
    My mom is a little worried that the government is suddenly going to treat the stimulus money like a loan and demand it back at the end of the year.

Leave a comment: