Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden says minorities aren't smart enough to go online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    ...my reaction was 'this is absurd, it's obvious what he means, and racism is not even remotely a factor'
    Don't you ever get tired of having to reach for the "Joe didn't mean what he said" defense?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      What's there to debate? What Racist Joe said was definitely racist. He does it a lot, you know, and there's no shame admitting it. I'm not sure why you're trying so hard to defend his remarks, but it doesn't reflect well on you.

Walk away, man. Just walk away.
      You have to remember the "If possible to Interpret" standard being used.

If the person is a conservative/R, the standard is "If possible to interpret as racist, they are guilty"
      If the person is a liberal/D, the standard is "If possible to interpret as not racist, they are innocent".

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You have to remember the "If possible to Interpret" standard being used.

If the person is a conservative/R, the standard is "If possible to interpret as racist, they are guilty"
        If the person is a liberal/D, the standard is "If possible to interpret as not racist, they are innocent".
        That's pretty much it. Even if it's something they said DECADES ago, they need to be cancelled if they're not part of the loony left.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          What's there to debate? What Racist Joe said was definitely racist. He does it a lot, you know, and there's no shame admitting it. I'm not sure why you're trying so hard to defend his remarks, but it doesn't reflect well on you.

Walk away, man. Just walk away.
          He's defending him because of cognitive dissonance. As we all know, Ox is probably the most vocal and rabid accuser of racism and white supremacy on this board. So in order to sooth that obvious conflict with Biden, he has to bend over backwards to explain it away. Most leftists just ignore it.

Comment

• I don't think Biden was being racist on purpose, I think he just misspoke, as per usual. Could it be some sort of Freudian Slip? Yah, but not necessarily so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I don't think Biden was being racist on purpose, I think he just misspoke, as per usual. Could it be some sort of Freudian Slip? Yah, but not necessarily so.
              I also do not think he was being racist on purpose -- he was being Joe. I think he's of that generation who grew up believing that blacks were inferior, and need to be "helped" because they can't manage on their own.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think Biden was being racist on purpose, I think he just misspoke, as per usual. Could it be some sort of Freudian Slip? Yah, but not necessarily so.
                Most legit racists aren't racist on purpose. That's how you can tell a person where racism is ingrained in their very being -- when they desperately try to pretend like they're not, but fail at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  My mom used to hate the internet and complained it was too difficult, even though she went online to check her emails and get general information nonetheless, and she had me to help her out when she ran into complications. It's not a thing the older generation typically is enthusiastic about. 19% citing expense is significant because that suggests they clearly don't have access (assuming they have no children with smartphones around). But now we're really just splitting hairs. That isn't what Biden meant, you know it and I know it. Based on his pattern of racist statements in the past, he honestly believes minorities are just dumber.
                  I really don't think you are any better at reading minds than I am.

Comment

I don't think Biden was being racist on purpose...
                    Joe has had many "accidentally racist" incidents over the years.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I really don't think you are any better at reading minds than I am.
                      I am when I have Biden's history in the equation. It's not reading a mind at that point; it's looking at a consistent pattern. I can even make predictions based on those patterns. I predict Biden will say something else racist and the left will ignore it or explain it away.

Comment

I am when I have Biden's history in the equation. It's not reading a mind at that point; it's looking at a consistent pattern. I can even make predictions based on those patterns. I predict Biden will say something else racist and the left will ignore it or explain it away.
                        I'm not even convinced you believe he is racist. You just think that Trump was unfairly called racist, and want to return the favor.

Comment

I'm not even convinced you believe he is racist. You just think that Trump was unfairly called racist, and want to return the favor.

That's your prerogative.

A guy that sided with ACTUAL white supremacists to fight against a policy that MLK vigorously fought for -- I honestly don't know how anyone could say that's not racist, especially on the left. But that's twilight zone leftist reality for you. I'll just wait for the next racist thing he says and amusingly watch partisan phonies like you and Ox do explanation gymnastics.

Comment

Joe Biden is 78 years old. He was born in 1942 into a racist culture. It is unlikely he never held or acted on racist attitudes. The issue is not nearlyvas much if he (or trump) ever held racist views during the time when racism was what was the overt culture in the land.. the issue is where are they now, how far have they come. Trump sidled up to, cajoled, and encouraged racist elements in our society the entire time he was president 2016 to 2020. At his side backing him up in stop the steal where racist white supremacists all the way. They walked a Confederate flag through the capitol on Jan 6. Trump is friendly to and draws strength from white supremacists today, even now as we speak.

Joe Biden does not. So while Joe biden probably does not have the Civil rights cred of a John Lewis, to parade about ranting about bidens potential racism while fighting tooth and nail to uphold and support Donald Trump is the very definition of hypocrisy.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-23-2021, 01:58 PM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That's your prerogative.

A guy that sided with ACTUAL white supremacists to fight against a policy that MLK vigorously fought for -- I honestly don't know how anyone could say that's not racist, especially on the left. But that's twilight zone leftist reality for you. I'll just wait for the next racist thing he says and amusingly watch partisan phonies like you and Ox do explanation gymnastics.
                              Biden has said a few things that I tend to associate with racists. Like this one:

“I do not buy the concept, popular in the ’60s, which said, ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race,’ ” Biden told a Delaware-based weekly newspaper in 1975. “I don’t buy that.”

Comment

Biden has said a few things that I tend to associate with racists. Like this one:

“I do not buy the concept, popular in the ’60s, which said, ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race,’ ” Biden told a Delaware-based weekly newspaper in 1975. “I don’t buy that.”
                                How is that a statement you would associate with a racist?
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment