Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

BLM and the Nobel Peace Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    If only that were true
    I just loves derailing threads with you, brudder.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

My favorite part of this whole thing was where the US Embassy was moved "on paper" to Jerusalem.

US Embassy Jerusalem.jpg
      So what do you think the odds are old Joe will sign an E.O. (that he may or may not know what he's signing) that orders it to be moved back?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So what do you think the odds are old Joe will sign an E.O. (that he may or may not know what he's signing) that orders it to be moved back?
        ONLY because past Presidents have promised to move it to Jerusalem, I doubt he'll do that. But, then again, I don't think he's calling the shots.

FLASHBACK: All The Times Past Presidents Promised To Move US Embassy To Jerusalem

Former President Bill Clinton made Jerusalem a campaign issue in 1992, attacking then-former President George H.W. Bush for having allegedly “repeatedly challenged Israel’s sovereignty over a united Jerusalem” and vowing to move the embassy during his administration.

Clinton, however, believed moving the embassy and recognizing the capital may derail his many attempts at brokering a peace deal between Israelis and Palestinians.

The cycle appeared to repeat itself once again during the 2000 U.S. presidential election when former President George W. Bush castigated Clinton for failing to follow through on his embassy promise and vowing to get the process started in his few months in office. Bush never made a concerted effort towards moving the embassy and became embroiled his own Middle East conflicts.

Former President Barack Obama himself never attacked Bush or Clinton for not moving the embassy to Jerusalem but declared in a 2008 campaign speech, “Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.”

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
          As most already know, BLM has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. I'm remined how a past Nobel Peace Prize recipient went on to order hundreds of drone-strikes. At this point, is violence now acceptable as means for peace? As it stands now, BLM has been nominated for the same award given to MLK, Jr explicitly due to King's non-violence. Should BLM win the Nobel Peace Prize, political violence would be formally normalised as a method of activism.
          Pretty much. I'm not sure to whom the award goes when they've nominated an amorphous decentralized movement that's engaged in domestic terrorism, either. For that matter, I'm not sure what the BLM movement has accomplished to deserve the award? Or is this more like the Obama award, a fancy participation trophy for talking about peace?
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post

Pretty much. I'm not sure to whom the award goes when they've nominated an amorphous decentralized movement that's engaged in domestic terrorism, either. For that matter, I'm not sure what the BLM movement has accomplished to deserve the award? Or is this more like the Obama award, a fancy participation trophy for talking about peace?
            Virtue signaling?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Virtue signaling?
              +1
              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

BLM Rioters Awarded Nobel Peace Prize

Note the date of the Babylon Bee article. This is our reality.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  BLM Rioters Awarded Nobel Peace Prize

Note the date of the Babylon Bee article. This is our reality.

They're the one to bet on to win it. After all only a white supremacist wouldn't award it to them.

Comment

Anybody who believes that "peaceful protests" need to happen at night needs their head examined.

That's probably the same crowd that believes that this impeachment sham is based entirely on principle.

Comment