Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots in DC outside capitol building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post

Again, show the posts you claim should somehow exist. You were talking about excusing it for four years and feeding the monter and yet you provide 0 quotes. Not even a single one. Nothing.

Go ahead Sparko.
    I said, "Those of you who..."

Do you understand the concept of the generalized "you" Chuck? Now if I said "You, Charles, excused..." then you might have a point.

Now show me where you condemned the leftist riots of the last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Yes, Harris did.

Look at the above posts at your leisure.

At some point even you cannot shill anymore. You don't appear to have reached that point.

Looks like maybe you are the liar?

Why are you calling me a liar, you dingleberry.
      No evidence provided. You are a liar.

Still waiting . . .

The only reference I saw was to the Minnesota Defense Fund.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 01-07-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• People, Stop with the tossing around of "liar" in these threads or we will lock the threads. This crap is why we were talking about shutting down civics. You guys are making the case for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I said, "Those of you who..."

Do you understand the concept of the generalized "you" Chuck? Now if I said "You, Charles, excused..." then you might have a point.

Now show me where you condemned the leftist riots of the last year.

You wrote in a direct answer to my post. Here it is: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...63#post1222463

So, now you seriosly want to claim that when you write the following answer to me, you do not mean to include me in the "you" you are talking about. Then why are you writing it in an answer to me?

Here is your answer to me:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

And you seem to think you liberals can do whatever you want, and if anyone does the same you can handwave "whataboutism" as an excuse.

Nobody is excusing what those people did yesterday, We are merely saying that those of you who excused 4 years of such actions have no standing to complain now. You feed the beast then act surprised when it bites you.
          And now the generalized "you" does not even include the person you answered when you have to actually provide actual quotes to support your claim.

Comment

You wrote in a direct answer to my post. Here it is: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...63#post1222463

So, now you seriosly want to claim that when you write the following answer to me, you do not mean to include me in the "you" you are talking about. Then why are you writing it in an answer to me?

Here is your answer to me:

And now the generalized "you" does not even include the person you answered when you have to actually provide actual quotes to support your claim.
            Believe what you want, troll. Anyone can read it for themselves.

Comment

Believe what you want, troll. Anyone can read it for themselves.
              However, they cannot read your answer, because the above is not an answer. To call me a troll after showing time and time again what you actually wrote and asking you to support it while you failed to is.... should we say ironic?

Comment

However, they cannot read your answer, because the above is not an answer. To call me a troll after showing time and time again what you actually wrote and asking you to support it while you failed to is.... should we say ironic?
                Charles do you ever have anything to contribute to the threads you post in, or do you merely come here to make dumbass accusations? Because I am getting really tired of it. Either start actually contributing to the debates or leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by casaba View Post

What does "normalized" mean to you?

Edit:
                  I mean to ask, in relation to 'violence committed in order to advance a political agenda', what does "normalized" mean for for?
                  Simple; it is normal behavior and will continue for the foreseeable future. For a historical parallel, I'm thinking of the street battles between the Nazis and Communists in 1920's Germany.
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• The Christian historian John Fea has written an interesting article: Should we wait until January 20?

Donald Trump, the sitting United States President, refused to condemn the rioters. He refused to accept the congressional certification of the election. He sent his “love” to the insurrections. And he called the men and women, some armed with Confederate flags and “Jesus Saves” signs, “special people.” He has encouraged this kind of violence multiple times during his administration. Donald Trump is responsible for this.

Luckily, no matter what, it will be soon come to an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

If they try and pack the court, end the filibuster, make DC and Puerto Rico states or confiscate firearms it will get ugly.
                      I don't think they'd be that bold to impose a bunch of gun control polices now (or maybe they are that bold, or maybe they're just dumb, or maybe they invite the conflict...?). I imagine their attention is going to go right to enforced mandates based on the pandemic and climate change ("green" economic policies), probably with some racial equity bullcrap thrown in so they can call you a racist if you oppose it, mandates that will have the same dire political reaction.
                      Last edited by seanD; 01-07-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Here's a video showing one of the police officers waving the rioters to go towards the Capitol Building. I don't think he was doing it towards another cop or something. Very concerning.

https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...01111254941696

Comment

People, Stop with the tossing around of "liar" in these threads or we will lock the threads. This crap is why we were talking about shutting down civics. You guys are making the case for us.
                          Seems to me you guys are doing pretty good, judging by other places out there. I would agree terms like liar, troll and others are unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                            Here's a video showing one of the police officers waving the rioters to go towards the Capitol Building. I don't think he was doing it towards another cop or something. Very concerning.

Yes.

There are serious issues here.

1) the fact people were organizing under trump's call to come protest violently during the EC counting on 1/6 was all over the internet. Threats to take the house etc were everywhere. Anyone monitoring the Trump conspiracy nutters knew good and well this is exactly what was coming. But nothing was done to head it off? No extra security was put in place. Why? Who in authority knowing this was coming chose to let it happen?

2) there are a good number of people in every workplace, every civil service, every police force, every hospital, every where that are hooked into the Trump conspiracy nonsense. It is not at all a trivial possibility some officers were in fact sympathetic to their goal. What do we do about that?
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Yes.

There are serious issues here.

1) the fact people were organizing under trump's call to come protest violently during the EC counting on 1/6 was all over the internet. Threats to take the house etc were everywhere. Anyone monitoring the Trump conspiracy nutters knew good and well this is exactly what was coming. But nothing was done to head it off? No extra security was put in place. Why? Who in authority knowing this was coming chose to let it happen?

2) there are a good number of people in every workplace, every civil service, every police force, every hospital, every where that are hooked into the Trump conspiracy nonsense. It is not at all a trivial possibility some officers were in fact sympathetic to their goal. What do we do about that?
                              I've seen video of the rioters actually fighting cops, in fact, pretty similar to what I saw at the BLM riots, both inside the building and outside, so if you think police were being sympathetic, that's some conflicting situations for sure.
                              Last edited by seanD; 01-07-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                                Here's a video showing one of the police officers waving the rioters to go towards the Capitol Building. I don't think he was doing it towards another cop or something. Very concerning.

Some cops being sympathetic to protesters inside the building...

Some cops being sympathetic to protesters outside the building...

Indeed, very concerning. I think the cops were in on it.

Comment