Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Scandals at Fox News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Fox news isn't even news CP, its pure propaganda, particularly Sean Hannity and Bill Orielly.
    You're right those shows are not news broadcasts and AFAICT are not billed as such.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You're right those shows are not news broadcasts and AFAICT are not billed as such.
      unlike the likes of MSNBC

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        unlike the likes of MSNBC
        Err, you know MSNBC contains zero news programs, right? They are very open that it's punditry

Comment

And the far left crackpots would never do such a thing being innocent gentle lambs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18092[/ATTACH]
          CBS This Morning sanctimoniously intoning that "Donald Trump is taking name calling new a new level") but obediently nod in agreement when Hillary refers to Trump as a racist and says his campaign is part of a "hate movement" and is "taking a hate movement mainstream." In fact, going back to CBS This Morning they even put up a graphic that read "An Agenda of Hate: Conway on Clinton's Charge Trump Peddles Prejudice" while whining about Trump's remark.

But what do you expect? The compliant media dutifully parrots Clinton's lines so they could hardly call her out on them.

For instance, CNN's political commentator Angela Rye on CNN Newsroom with Carol Costello solemnly declares that Trump's slogan of "Make America Great Again" reminds her of a call for slavery. On that network the next day another CNN political commentator and New York Times columnist Charles Blow proclaimed on New Day that Trump appealing to black voters is really Trump saying "I am urinating on you and telling you to dance in the rain." Earlier this week Blow claimed that Trump's outreach to blacks was really "a backhanded way of criticizing black people in front of white people."

But CNN is hardly alone here. Last week Eric Kleefeld of The New Republic announced that Trump is "a race-baiting pseudo-strongman" and NPR host Diane Rehm repeated insisted that Trump is like a Nazi. On MSNBC's Morning Joe program, National Public Radio and ABC News commentator Cokie Roberts matter-of-factly declared that anyone who supports Trump is "morally tainted" and said they were an example of "textbook racism."

NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt called Trump "toxic" and "demented" in a Facebook post but later deleted in (perhaps in an effort to preserve what little remains of an air of impartiality in news coverage). But Ezra Klein, the former columnist for the Washington Post who is now a contributor to Bloomberg News and MSNBC, matter-of-factly admits that the media is out to destroy Trump wrote for Vox media that "[Trump] really is getting different, harsher treatment than any candidate in memory. That he deserves it is important context to the discussion" (conveniently leaving out how supportive of Trump the same media was when he ran for the Republican nomination).

I could go on and on and on but hopefully this serves to illustrate my point. And to be clear such blatant support for Democrats is hardly new. An excellent example is how Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison was lambasted for her speech at the 1996 Republican Convention where she said

On NBC, the late Tim Russert darkly warned, "I think the speech by Senator Hutchison of Texas is dangerous, Tom, because she uses words that could be interpreted by some people as mean." Lisa Myers asked Hutchison, "Do you think you went too far?" Tom Brokaw worried that the party knew "it has to lower the threshold of perceived meanness" in the country. Over on CBS, Dan Rath
          "it is the radical wish list of the education-cutting, environmental-trashing, Medicare-slashing, choice-denying, tolerance-repudiating, gay-bashing, Social Security-threatening, assault rifle-coddling, government-closing, tax loophole-granting, minimum wage-opposing Republican majority."

Tom Brokaw, who had asserted that such rhetoric "has to lower the threshold of perceived meanness" when used by Hutchison was absolutely gushing with adoration when Kennedy finished, saying on NBC and PBS, "Still in full voice after all these years in the United States Senate. The proud champion of the liberal cause, addressing this convention hall once again as he does every 4 years." His fellow announcer, PBS' Ken Bode observed, "You need a partisan speech, one that puts it to the other party. You get it at any convention. Ted Kennedy does it as well as anybody could do it. Elder statesman of the party. Eloquent."
          Not that even this will convince you, but Trump just hired a white nationalist racist to run his campaign. Enough said!

Comment

Not that even this will convince you, but Trump just hired a white nationalist racist to run his campaign. Enough said!
            Gobs of exact quotes, rebutted by a JimLly unsupported poisoning the well which addresses....nothing quoted. How convincing!
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular CP, apparently you consider yourself to be grouped together with the far right wacko's.
              Well, there you go again, JimmyLou, doing that mind reading thing where miss it by a mile.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Fox news isn't even news CP, its pure propaganda, particularly Sean Hannity and Bill Orielly. Its one thing not to hide the fact that you are conservative or liberal leaning, and to opine as such on the issues, its another thing to promote your cause by blatently lying to your audience.
                JimmyLou, Sean and Bill are not billed as "news". See, obviously, you haven't got a clue what news is and isn't. Personally, I can't tolerate Hannity cause he seems to have guests that yell at each other the whole time. And it's "blatantly", JimmyLou, not blatently.

As for the lying part... it's pretty much what you do every time you pretend to know what I'm thinking.

Bless your heart.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  JimmyLou, Sean and Bill are not billed as "news". See, obviously, you haven't got a clue what news is and isn't. Personally, I can't tolerate Hannity cause he seems to have guests that yell at each other the whole time. And it's "blatantly", JimmyLou, not blatently.

As for the lying part... it's pretty much what you do every time you pretend to know what I'm thinking.

Bless your heart.
                  Bless your heart for blessing his heart

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Bless your heart for blessing his heart
                    Well, thank you, little brother. Bless your heart for blessing my heart for blessing his little peapickin' heart.

(Hey, fess up --- did you give Jimmy rabbit poop again and tell him they were smart pills?)

Comment