Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

VP of Dominion Voting machines admitted in 2016 that votes can be easily manipulated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    ...except that there's no evidence that the Dominion system has been doing anything of the kind.
    You obviously didn't read the linked article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Nope, that's not obvious at all. One article by one person is not evidence. Yet again, if it's evidence, why isn't it being presented in a court of law?
      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
        Nope, that's not obvious at all. One article by one person is not evidence. Yet again, if it's evidence, why isn't it being presented in a court of law?
        The article was written by a Democrat regarding the long shady history of Dominion machines behind Republican victories - including the Bush/Gore contest. Being a Libertarian myself, I have no reason to celebrate illegitimate wins by either major party. But I find it interesting that when Republicans win under suspicious circumstances, Democrats go wild. But When Democrats win under shady circumstances, they whine "where's the evidence" and go into denial until they are again on the short end.

The Dominion system needs to be abandoned.

Comment

Your believing the media now! Oh, . . . only the media that agrees with you.

Comment

And in other news

"Adolf Hitler denies complicity in death camps ..." Well, that settles that.
            Ahhh! Yes, only media that agrees with you, and not the facts.

This was simply factual information how Dominion voting machines function.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Your believing the media now! Oh, . . . only the media that agrees with you.
              It's not a matter of "believing."

The liberal author is complaining about the legitimacy of these devices. This was before the 2020 election. The only thing to "believe" is that liberals (i.e. Safe Act) have been complaining about this prior to the recent election.

Comment

Ahhh! Yes, only media that agrees with you, and not the facts.

This was simply factual information how Dominion voting machines function.
                No, it was a spokesman for Dominion defending his company. And not doing a very good job of it.

Comment

No, it was a spokesman for Dominion defending his company. And not doing a very good job of it.
                  Still citing the press to justify your position.

Comment

The article was written by a Democrat regarding the long shady history of Dominion machines behind Republican victories - including the Bush/Gore contest. Being a Libertarian myself, I have no reason to celebrate illegitimate wins by either major party. But I find it interesting that when Republicans win under suspicious circumstances, Democrats go wild. But When Democrats win under shady circumstances, they whine "where's the evidence" and go into denial until they are again on the short end.

You need to document your objections, because at present all paper counts and audits, confirmed the Dominion voting machine records, and yes, like all systems currently used have two systems paper ballot and voting machine record.

Comment

You need to document your objections, because at present all paper counts and audits, confirmed the Dominion voting machine records, and yes, like all systems currently used have two systems paper ballot and voting machine record.
                      Just keep defending Dominion. At least until 2022, when shady Republicans use it to defeat Democrats. Then you'll start crying "foul!"

Comment

I don't see a problem as long as the ballot marking system allows the voter to check that the ballot was marked properly, and the ballot scanning system can be checked by hand counts of the paper ballots.

The Dominion system meets those requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I don't see a problem as long as the ballot marking system allows the voter to check that the ballot was marked properly, and the ballot scanning system can be checked by hand counts of the paper ballots.

The Dominion system meets those requirements.
                          Why do you want to keep it? My county doesn't use it and we get by just fine. The paper ballots are hand-counted in the first place, not performed afterwards as validation of a system that both major parties have been complaining about for several years.

Comment

Why do you want to keep it? My county doesn't use it and we get by just fine.
                            I don't see a good reason to get rid of it. And as a general rule, I think states should be able to decide for themselves how they're going to run their elections.

The paper ballots are hand-counted in the first place, not performed afterwards as validation of a system that both major parties have been complaining about for several years.
                            They don't have to hand count all of the ballots to validate the system. A random sampling would be good enough.

And in the event of a very close election, a quick count by machine followed by a hand count of all the ballots seems better than two hand counts of all ballots, especially for large counties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                              I don't see a good reason to get rid of it. And as a general rule, I think states should be able to decide for themselves how they're going to run their elections.
                              For state offices, yes. For federal offices, no. You're of liberal persuasion in California so you might no understand this, but those of us in smaller states are affected by the honesty in larger ones.

Comment

For state offices, yes. For federal offices, no. You're of liberal persuasion in California so you might no understand this, but those of us in smaller states are affected by the honesty in larger ones.
                                I said "as a general rule". If you could show that the Dominion Voting system was not good enough, I'd be willing to make an exception.

Comment