Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

20 Dead In Florida Night Club Shooting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More love from the religion of peace.

This religion is like a mole on the worlds Edited by a Moderator
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 06-12-2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      If people hadn't been hurt, that would crack me up. Congrats to Isis for finding a formula to force the admin into a corner.
      It seems like they haven't budged yet. So far they blame hatred and the availability of firearms.

But now that gays have been specifically targeted perhaps some liberals will start to see radical Islam as a serious problem.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It looks this is going to be more of the same. The vastly greater number of good Muslims will denounce the extremists, as usual. Certain conservative commenters will still accuse Muslims of not denouncing extremists even though they already have, as usual. Some liberals will go too far and irrationally demand that all guns be banned, as usual. Some conservatives will go too shallow and insist that the fact some person managed to get a gun despite laws means that laws are useless, without ever considering the possibility that even more people might've committed murders like this had it not been for these laws, as usual.

And then the number of hate crimes against Muslims, which has already been on the rise since a certain Republican politician made certain comments, will increase even further, the radical Muslims will use it as "proof" of their claim that the West is inherently hateful to Muslims, and good Muslims who otherwise would not have joined terrorist groups will end up becoming radicalized. And our world will descend deeper into chaos.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Obama just had some words concerning this saying there is "no definitive judgment as to the official motivation to this shooter" merely saying he was filled with hatred. There was no mention of radical Islam or terrorists despite the FBI saying that Mateen pledged allegiance to ISIS in a 911 call just before he started killing people. Obama also didn't miss the opportunity try to blame the availability of firearms for the attack.

Pretty much par for the course.
          At this point, we're not sure what exactly the motivation to do this was, or why he chose that particular nightclub. Of course from the outside looking in, it appears this was a savage Islamic fanatic that hated gay people to the point of wanting to murder them; we just need that confirmed from other sources.

Comment

It seems like they haven't budged yet. So far they blame hatred and the availability of firearms.

But now that gays have been specifically targeted perhaps some liberals will start to see radical Islam as a serious problem.
            Perhaps some conservative will not use this as excuse to start another blood bath war in the Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
              This religion is like a mole on the worlds Edited by a Moderator.
              I guess that is the way nature created us...
              Last edited by Jedidiah; 06-12-2016, 04:27 PM.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I know of no liberal who says radical Islam isn't a serious problem. Even Obama, whom you seemingly endlessly belittle, has repeatedly acknowledged that it is, and that radical groups must be stopped. But I do agree with the message that we should keep our senses and not irrationally attack the many good, innocent Muslims by essentially assuming that they're radical.
                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                  I know of no liberal who says radical Islam isn't a serious problem. Even Obama, whom you seemingly endlessly belittle, has repeatedly acknowledged that it is, and that radical groups must be stopped. But I do agree with the message that we should keep our senses and not irrationally attack the many good, innocent Muslims by essentially assuming that they're radical.
                  Um, seriously, a guy walks into a public building and opens fire killing more than two dozen and you think the news is an 'irrational attack on 'good' muslims'? I'm pretty sure that whatever the killer was 'good' wasn't involved in the last moments of his life.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Um, seriously, a guy walks into a public building and opens fire killing more than two dozen and you think the news is an 'irrational attack on 'good' muslims'? I'm pretty sure that whatever the killer was 'good' wasn't involved in the last moments of his life.
                    I was referring to the rise in hate crimes against Muslims. This will surely only provoke more hate-filled people to commit more hate crimes against good Muslims.

Comment

The vastly greater number of good Muslims will denounce the extremists, as usual.
                      Pay close attention to their language. One Muslim group referred to it merely as an "incident". Rather nice language, don't you think, which downplays the horror that took place? Another group claimed that "no one could have predicted this". Yeah, right. It's not a matter of if Muslims will engage in wholesale slaughter but when.

People need to wake up to the danger posed by Islam. No, not "radical" Islam but just plain old Islam!
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I know of no liberal who says radical Islam isn't a serious problem.
                        The problem is that Obama and other liberals make a false distinction between "radical" Muslims and what you call the "good" Muslims. There is no such distinction. All Muslims follow a religion that commands them to kill non-Muslims.

A radical Muslims wants to kill you. A moderate Muslim wants a radical Muslim to kill you.

Comment

I was referring to the rise in hate crimes against Muslims. This will surely only provoke more hate-filled people to commit more hate crimes against good Muslims.
                          What hate crimes?

Comment

You have an entire Administration full of them determined to pretend they don't exist -- even in some cases having denied they were Muslim (pushing the claim that Islam is a religion of peace so real Muslims would never commit terrorist acts). Others seem to want to minimize the threat.

And when did I assume that all Muslims are radicals?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Pay close attention to their language. One Muslim group referred to it merely as an "incident".
                              I was primarily referring to the Not In My Name movement and the Letter to Baghdadi, both of which strongly condemn terrorism. I have enough evidence that those Muslims, and the Muslims I've known personally and online, are basically good at heart.

What hate crimes?
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/us...rply.html?_r=0

You have an entire Administration full of them determined to pretend they don't exist -- even in some cases having denied they were Muslim (pushing the claim that Islam is a religion of peace so real Muslims would never commit terrorist acts). Others seem to want to minimize the threat.
                              Which/who are you referring to?

And when did I assume that all Muslims are radicals?
                              I didn't mean you specifically, but a certain poster in this thread basically said there is no distinction between Islam and radical Islam.

Comment

He was being watched by the FBI, but what's the point of that when they'll be immediately called "racists" and "insensitive" if they were to take action against him?
                                Same thing happened with the Boston bombing suspects. Because it was revealed by a relative, they at first denied they had any contact with Tamerlan, but then had to admit it was true. Your explanation doesn't make sense to me though. Why would racial sensitivity impede such investigations when the public isn't even aware of these investigations until after the fact?

Comment