Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

VA Loans - and My Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    so the "professional" was telling porkies?

I think the VA is not going to be very happy with her......
    You'd think so, but it's usually rather difficult to get fired from a government job.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      You'd think so, but it's usually rather difficult to get fired from a government job.
      What if it could be shown that she was prejudiced and was engaging in discriminatory practices?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        What if it could be shown that she was prejudiced and was engaging in discriminatory practices?
        I've had knowledge of several discrim/prejudice cases at work and it can get really messy largely because there are no real smoking gun. A couple were very blatant (yelling threats of bodily harm are very hard to ignore) but the rest were subject to interpretation. I would bet something like this would be better settled by the boss giving her a direct order to let it close out.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
          so the "professional" was telling porkies?
          Evidently so - her boss was quite surprised that she had this 'family emergency' and nobody at the office knew anything at all about it.

I think the VA is not going to be very happy with her......
          I'm guessing she's a serial problem child, from the way her boss instructed "all parties, after closing, file official complaints".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, THIS JUST IN.....

(I was at the property this evening picking up my mowing equipment and some other stuff from the shop)

The buyer's wife (let's call her Rae) was taking video of her dogs running in their new yard while the VA inspector was there. Rae was NOT attempting to record the VA inspector's words, but clearly on the video (which I saw this evening) Rae is saying....

Rae: We're just praising God because this is exactly what we've been looking for!
            VA: The only god you need to be praising is ME because I'm the one who controls this process.

Rae got the distinct impression that this woman hates Christians.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• That can be a ... big ... oopsie... for that lady if permitted into evidence. Wow.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                That can be a ... big ... oopsie... for that lady if permitted into evidence. Wow.
                Yeah, Rae said she didn't even realize she had recorded it til she was showing her husband. They played it over and over, not believing she actually said that. Rae said she didn't remember the lady saying that, because she was focused on the dogs.

Comment

• Small brains and too much power. What a combination.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Well, THIS JUST IN.....

(I was at the property this evening picking up my mowing equipment and some other stuff from the shop)

The buyer's wife (let's call her Rae) was taking video of her dogs running in their new yard while the VA inspector was there. Rae was NOT attempting to record the VA inspector's words, but clearly on the video (which I saw this evening) Rae is saying....

Rae: We're just praising God because this is exactly what we've been looking for!
                    VA: The only god you need to be praising is ME because I'm the one who controls this process.

Rae got the distinct impression that this woman hates Christians.
                    And you being a conservative Baptist minister involved in opposing some of the laws the Houston mayor tried to push through...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Wow.

Comment

And you being a conservative Baptist minister involved in opposing some of the laws the Houston mayor tried to push through...
                        She probably didn't know that part, because I never met her - but my wife was there the day she came through the house. My wife collects crosses, and she had one wall with all her crosses on it. She remembers the VA woman looking at the wall and kind of sneering, and her personality seemed to change after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          She probably didn't know that part, because I never met her - but my wife was there the day she came through the house. My wife collects crosses, and she had one wall with all her crosses on it. She remembers the VA woman looking at the wall and kind of sneering, and her personality seemed to change after that.
                          Reminds me of the opening Chapter of The Ball and the Cross.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Well that explains her trying to delay the process as much as possible. Spite.

Even if the recording isn't "legally" usable - Rae can play it for the inspector's boss and let him decide what to do about it. I forsee a firing or at least disciplinary actions in the ladie's near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Well that explains her trying to delay the process as much as possible. Spite.

Even if the recording isn't "legally" usable - Rae can play it for the inspector's boss and let him decide what to do about it. I forsee a firing or at least disciplinary actions in the ladie's near future.
                              I didn't speak to the boss myself, but the implication was that he wants to fire her, but needs a solid basis for doing so.

I remember, once, dealing with a problem customer service representative, and speaking to his boss --- his boss told me, "yes, I'm aware of the problem, but I am powerless to do anything about it without solid evidence because he's a 'protected class'". (the guy was African-American) You should have seen this boss's facial expression as he said this, and was handing me an official complaint form.

Kinda like, "I'm not telling you to fill this out, but if you don't nothing will happen".

Comment

• MEANWHILE, the report on the well water came back. It tested positive for trace amounts of ecoli. We suspected this, as there are horses, cows, chickens, etc all around, and this is why we didn't use the well for anything but irrigation and animals.

We had even clearly disclosed this on the seller's disclosure form, AND notified the buyers that all drinking and bathing water came from a regulated water source, not the well.

The test never should have been required, and it appears that this particular VA inspector has been pulled off the case, and whoever is handling the case now doesn't seem interested in even asking for the report.

SO FAR, it looks like we're back on track for closing on Monday. HOWEVER, this isn't my first rodeo.

ETA: It is known that wells drilled to 200 feet or less in this area are likely to have problems, and "good water" requires a depth of about 350 feet.

Comment