Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

VA Loans - and My Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    MEANWHILE, the report on the well water came back. It tested positive for trace amounts of ecoli. We suspected this, as there are horses, cows, chickens, etc all around, and this is why we didn't use the well for anything but irrigation and animals.

We had even clearly disclosed this on the seller's disclosure form, AND notified the buyers that all drinking and bathing water came from a regulated water source, not the well.

The test never should have been required, and it appears that this particular VA inspector has been pulled off the case, and whoever is handling the case now doesn't seem interested in even asking for the report.

SO FAR, it looks like we're back on track for closing on Monday. HOWEVER, this isn't my first rodeo.

ETA: It is known that wells drilled to 200 feet or less in this area are likely to have problems, and "good water" requires a depth of about 350 feet.
    but what if the ecoli self-identifies as penicillin? Then the well water would be healthy and good for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      but what if the ecoli self-identifies as penicillin? Then the well water would be healthy and good for you.
      I think this female inspector self-identifies as the wicked witch of the west.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Well...it sounds like the VA office will be doing something about the inspector. Sparko's suggestion may be a good one if only to let the boss know about the possibility of a smoking gun.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Kinda like, "I'm not telling you to fill this out, but if you don't nothing will happen".
          https://youtu.be/_R8GtrKtrZ4?t=52
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            Well...it sounds like the VA office will be doing something about the inspector. Sparko's suggestion may be a good one if only to let the boss know about the possibility of a smoking gun.
            Yeah, Joe and Rae are pretty miffed -- they had promised me this would be a smooth process, and it WAS til this particular woman got involved. And I think I may have misspoke, or, at least, been a little confused.. she is not the VA Appraiser - that was an older couple who was very helpful, and I actually met him (my wife met them). When he did his followup, I asked him if he was allowed to tell me about any issues that may be a problem, and he was VERY helpful, and cheerfully pointed out the areas that needed attention, as well as assure me that everything looked really good, and there should be no problems.

Apparently, this woman (I can no longer call her a lady) was the "inspector" to verify that everything had been taken care of, and she's like the TSA employee who lets power go to his/her head and bosses people around and uses their authority to make other people as miserable as they apparently are.

So, yes, Joe and Rae plan on showing the video to the inspector's boss after closing.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              EGGzackly!

I played that role several times as a police officer, and have been on the receiving end, as well.

Comment

• On further reflection ... they should play it for the boss. Even if it eventually isn't considered conclusive for discrimination, it sure is a proof of her inability to work with people and provide good customer service, both very key elements of job performance. The boss NEEDS to see this. Legality can be figured out later.

Comment

She probably didn't know that part, because I never met her - but my wife was there the day she came through the house. My wife collects crosses, and she had one wall with all her crosses on it. She remembers the VA woman looking at the wall and kind of sneering, and her personality seemed to change after that.
                  Weren't you list as among those opposing the Houston mayor? She would have your name from the paperwork and it wouldn't take much to look you up from that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I didn't speak to the boss myself, but the implication was that he wants to fire her, but needs a solid basis for doing so.

I remember, once, dealing with a problem customer service representative, and speaking to his boss --- his boss told me, "yes, I'm aware of the problem, but I am powerless to do anything about it without solid evidence because he's a 'protected class'". (the guy was African-American) You should have seen this boss's facial expression as he said this, and was handing me an official complaint form.

Kinda like, "I'm not telling you to fill this out, but if you don't nothing will happen".
                    Had something like that happen with a doctor at the hospital my mother was receiving radiation therapy at when she had cancer. The doctor wasn't a minority or anything but seemed spaced out and went off to lunch during the middle of our interview with him after saying he would be back in a minute. The nurses were practically begging me to fill out an official complaint.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Weren't you list as among those opposing the Houston mayor? She would have your name from the paperwork and it wouldn't take much to look you up from that.
                      Yeah, but I'm trying not to... I was trying not to emphasize that too much because... well.... we think she's "one of them". So, yeah, maybe. But I don't know that she would even know my name, since she represents the VA, and the Buyer, not the seller.

Comment

Yeah, but I'm trying not to... I was trying not to emphasize that too much because... well.... we think she's "one of them". So, yeah, maybe. But I don't know that she would even know my name, since she represents the VA, and the Buyer, not the seller.
                        You should tell her to get on tweb. We need another Da Blonde.

Comment

• OK, this just in.....

The VA inspector's BOSS has reviewed the case, and has apologized to the lender and buyer that it took so long. (He asked them to pass that information on to the seller's representative and to the seller - me) He has issued a "clear to close", and made it clear "my word is good, there won't be a last minute uh-oh". We will close on Tuesday or Wednesday while my wife and I are in St Louis for the Southern Baptist Convention. They will have the papers Fedexed to us, and arrange to have a notary meet us at our convenience.

I'm guessing her highness inspector is in deep doodoo.

Comment

• Based on my experience, disciplinary action or dismissal will not be immediate. The boss MIGHT have enough to ground her for a long while though, even a temporary debarment (term used by the JAG, might not be used by VA) from federal facilities.

But that's none of our business.

Comment

• Despite all the hassle, it's cool that you've persevered through it. I'm sure the vet and his family are super-grateful.
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                                Despite all the hassle, it's cool that you've persevered through it. I'm sure the vet and his family are super-grateful.
                                And, that's just it, C.... I've met then now a number of times, and they seem like really really good people.

I started this thread expressing a bit of apprehension that this could possibly go well, VA being involved and all, but became impressed that it was going better than I had imagined. Then, when that woman inspector got involved, it just seemed like it was going to be a never ending saga, and I began to wish I had taken one of the other offers.

Each delay costs us more, because I'm still paying the mortgage, insurance and taxes prorated to the actual day we close, as well as rent on our new place.

As much as I'm glad our former home is going to a good couple, I can't honestly say I'd ever want to work with the VA loan situation again. I'm guessing that won't be a factor, as we're planning on building the home we'll live out our lives in. But who knows!

The upshot, I guess, is that we're actually getting full asking price, which we would not have gotten had we accepted either of the two other offers.

Comment