Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

VA Loans - and My Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at it this way, CP...this just might have been the final straw for the VA far as that one individual is concerned. If not you, it might have been somebody else who got stuck with her and the outcome might not have been as good as it was here.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      Look at it this way, CP...this just might have been the final straw for the VA far as that one individual is concerned. If not you, it might have been somebody else who got stuck with her and the outcome might not have been as good as it was here.
      Yeah, I just hope they're actually dealing with her, and not just "pulling her back" on this one case, only to mess up some other cases. She obviously doesn't get the intent of this program.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And, that's just it, C.... I've met then now a number of times, and they seem like really really good people.

I started this thread expressing a bit of apprehension that this could possibly go well, VA being involved and all, but became impressed that it was going better than I had imagined. Then, when that woman inspector got involved, it just seemed like it was going to be a never ending saga, and I began to wish I had taken one of the other offers.

Each delay costs us more, because I'm still paying the mortgage, insurance and taxes prorated to the actual day we close, as well as rent on our new place.

As much as I'm glad our former home is going to a good couple, I can't honestly say I'd ever want to work with the VA loan situation again. I'm guessing that won't be a factor, as we're planning on building the home we'll live out our lives in. But who knows!

The upshot, I guess, is that we're actually getting full asking price, which we would not have gotten had we accepted either of the two other offers.
        so does that mean you are renting your current house while building your dream house?

Comment

Yeah, I just hope they're actually dealing with her, and not just "pulling her back" on this one case, only to mess up some other cases. She obviously doesn't get the intent of this program.
          well make sure you and the buyers still make official complaints. if not the boss might not to do more to discipline her and she can do it again.

Comment

• OK, this has gotten silly.

The "boss" got involved and "greased the skids", but still there were problems. There had already been a requirement written in to have the well tested AND TREATED - unbeknownst to the seller (me). There was some back and forth on that causing the fourth and FIFTH postponements of closing. I was supposed to get Fedex documents while I was in St. Louis, but that never happened.

The "final" closing has been set for tomorrow morning, so, rather than go home from the airport in Houston, drive 90 miles home, and then drive 90 miles back to Houston for closing - we just camped out at a hotel near the Title Company's office.

Wow.

Supposedly, the buyers closed yesterday afternoon, and we will close in the morning.

I think I have learned a valuable lesson.... dealing with the VA has FAR too many variables over which I have no control, and I don't actually know the "profit" from the sale until tomorrow morning, even though the buyers have already closed. This is because the cost of treating the well -- which wasn't supposed to be a factor at all -- got switched to ME because the VA won't allow the buyer to pay for that.

This stinks.

I don't think I'll ever be able to be involved in a VA sale again.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK, this has gotten silly.

The "boss" got involved and "greased the skids", but still there were problems. There had already been a requirement written in to have the well tested AND TREATED - unbeknownst to the seller (me). There was some back and forth on that causing the fourth and FIFTH postponements of closing. I was supposed to get Fedex documents while I was in St. Louis, but that never happened.

The "final" closing has been set for tomorrow morning, so, rather than go home from the airport in Houston, drive 90 miles home, and then drive 90 miles back to Houston for closing - we just camped out at a hotel near the Title Company's office.

Wow.

Supposedly, the buyers closed yesterday afternoon, and we will close in the morning.

I think I have learned a valuable lesson.... dealing with the VA has FAR too many variables over which I have no control, and I don't actually know the "profit" from the sale until tomorrow morning, even though the buyers have already closed. This is because the cost of treating the well -- which wasn't supposed to be a factor at all -- got switched to ME because the VA won't allow the buyer to pay for that.

This stinks.

I don't think I'll ever be able to be involved in a VA sale again.
              The first clue should have been that you were dealing with "the Government"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                The first clue should have been that you were dealing with "the Government"
                Which, of course, was the cause for my reluctance, but, regrettably, I gave it a chance.

Comment

• did you close yet (not sure if it's morning yet for you)
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    did you close yet (not sure if it's morning yet for you)
                    Thanks for asking -- YES!!!! Praise God!!!

We are closed (yesterday morning - 9 AMish) and FUNDED!!!!!

We are all done with this chapter in our lives!

Comment

what? No 90-day guarantee? what if they want a refund?

Comment

Wait... you didn't know about the VA's 13 year money back guarantee?
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• My real estate guy has been a trooper....

Early on, when it appeared this deal was 'going south', I asked him if this was the biggest mess he ever had.....
                          I also asked him at various points in the process...

His answers shifted something like...

"no, not at all - I've seen a lot worse"
                          "well, it's in the top 10"
                          "OK, it's climbing its way to the top"

After closing yesterday morning....

"yeah, this by far is the worst transaction I've handled".

He even said he thought the deal was "snakebit".

Well, sadly, one of the teenage sons of the new owners was in the shop, and saw a copperhead. He chopped its head off, then, STUPIDLY, picked up the head, and it BIT him.
                          He's going to be OK, but wen to the ER with quite a swollen hand.

Comment

Well, sadly, one of the teenage sons of the new owners was in the shop, and saw a copperhead. He chopped its head off, then, STUPIDLY, picked up the head, and it BIT him.
                            He's going to be OK, but wen to the ER with quite a swollen hand.
                            blazing-saddles-605.jpg
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Since we are renting, and planning on buying land and building, I put the proceeds of the sale in my Chase savings account.

Then I looked at the savings rate, and was surprised that it was only 0.05%. A 1 Year CD would get me 0.02% --- does that seem BACKWARDS or WHAT?

Anyway, I am a member of a Credit Union (police department) and thought I'd check out their interest rates. Glad I did.... 0.48% !!!!!

So, yes, I transferred the money. (I'll be expecting a phone call from Chase )

Comment

Since we are renting, and planning on buying land and building, I put the proceeds of the sale in my Chase savings account.

Then I looked at the savings rate, and was surprised that it was only 0.05%. A 1 Year CD would get me 0.02% --- does that seem BACKWARDS or WHAT?

Anyway, I am a member of a Credit Union (police department) and thought I'd check out their interest rates. Glad I did.... 0.48% !!!!!

So, yes, I transferred the money. (I'll be expecting a phone call from Chase )
                                is that 5% or .05%? if it is not even 1% you are just wasting it there.

You need to invest in Sparko's Investment Club. A guaranteed 900% return unless something goes wrong! It could be more! Why wait? Send your money (gold bars only) to me and I will make you rich!!!!

Comment