Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Affordable Care Act Falling Apart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    if you kill the problem (the bear), then your fellow people will survive and you'll have to share apples.

Is that ok with you (or did the slow runners agree to pay for your services, some of their share of the apples?)

I think fast runners like the status quo, keep the races going that they are so good at winning.
    You know, just because some of us manage to figure things out for ourselves, and pay our own bills, and get along in life - doesn't mean we don't help the less fortunate.

Do you, like, take a long draw on a bong before posting?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

[QUOTE=jordanriver;312308]
      ?

it was in your link in the OP, that 47% of Americans don't have any emergency cash.
      QUOTE]

oops, I guess that wasn't the OP, just the top of page two, sorry.
      bad it currently is...propose a real world solution to the bug I just put in your soup.

Oh and BTW, myself and my son (who currently lives with me) and are the only two with a job in my household, would be in the group of the people who would be unemployed. So, I have real skin in the game...do you?
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

[QUOTE=Littlejoe;312327]
        Right...I'm not the OP. I posted that to make the point that killing peoples jobs because of an ideal has dire consequences that you have offered ZERO remedies for. bad it currently is...propose a real world solution to the bug I just put in your soup.

Oh and BTW, myself and my son (who currently lives with me) and are the only two with a job in my household, would be in the group of the people who would be unemployed. So, I have real skin in the game...do you?

that you have offered ZERO remedies for.
        nationalize everything.
        To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

nationalize everything.
          Looks like you can fulfill your dreams by moving to Viet Nam, Laos, Cuba, North Korea or China.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Looks like you can fulfill your dreams by moving to Viet Nam, Laos, Cuba, North Korea or China.
            how is that a remedy for America, which the context of the post you replied to
            To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

how is that a remedy for America, which the context of the post you replied to
              The post I replied to was really dumb. It would be far easier for you to move than to transform America into one of those nations. (Although, it seems to be happening anyway - maybe you just need to wait another decade or so)

Comment

The post I replied to was really dumb. It would be far easier for you to move than to transform America into one of those nations. (Although, it seems to be happening anyway - maybe you just need to wait another decade or so)
                you think your fellow Americans are like the people who live over there?

or like Russians ?

.....ah, so you really have been paying attention to some of my previous posts pointing out American slavery and Indian removal policies , but you think Americans are still as evil as they used to be.

Comment

you think your fellow Americans are like the people who live over there?
                  Of course not - which is why I think your goofy ideas won't work here.

or like Russians ?
                  You could move THERE!

....ah, so you really have been paying attention to some of my previous posts pointing out American slavery and Indian removal policies , but you think Americans are still as evil as they used to be.
                  Again, you don't seem to be a serious debater - you seem to be going for goofball of Tweb.

Comment

you seem to be going for goofball of Tweb.
                    I take that as a "back off or else"

ok. I'll back off.

Comment

I take that as a "back off or else"

ok. I'll back off.
                      This makes on sense whatsoever. You don't really respond in any meaningful way to others. I'm really suspecting you must be stoned when posting.

Comment

This makes on sense whatsoever. You don't really respond in any meaningful way to others. I'm really suspecting you must be stoned when posting.
                        Stoned or just plain stupid.....
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          Stoned or just plain stupid.....
                          I can't figure him out.

Comment

He can be off-putting, but most of all he just doesn't fit TWeb standards of Conservatism. Sometimes he reacts oddly to being treated badly.
                            Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

[QUOTE=jordanriver;312330]
                              Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

nationalize everything.
                              I said REAL world solution. When has this ever worked?
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                                He can be off-putting, but most of all he just doesn't fit TWeb standards of Conservatism. Sometimes he reacts oddly to being treated badly.
                                And, sometimes he just reacts oddly.

Comment