Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Will You Go on Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    is this a God somebody else told you about, or just an assumption that there must be a God?

....sounds like you reject Yahweh/Jesus/Trinity-Elohiym, because He is mean,

....so I imagine based on that, the God you believe in is , what?
    ......good?

...is the God you believe in a Creator of the universe , or just a product of the universe, ?

I am asking because you already seem to know about Bible God, fire and brimstone, wrath, ....a Punisher,
    ...so when you are dealing with me, you know what you are dealing with

What am I dealing with , engaging dialogue with you?
    You tell me bout Bible God.

Bible God no my God.

My God no lie.

My God happy me lookee at rocks and stars.

My God no expectee me to takee tree millennia old stories and makee them splain astronomee, biologee, and gee-ologee.

My God teach me bout Creation by lookee at Creation itself.

My God no lie.

Your Bible God, he do.

Bible God evil.

K54

Comment

"Bible God" clouds minds of modern Fundys.

He is a product of the post-G.M. Price Fideist Zeitgeist.

He turns the brains of the like of JR, Jorge, Cerebrum, and Mr. Black to grape jelly.

He diverts his worshipers from Mere Christianity to worship in a Luddite Cult of like minded deceivers.

He bad.

Me hope he no exist.

Else he and Satan be same.

K54

P.S. But then I'm a "Darwinist".

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post

My God no lie.

My God happy me lookee at rocks and stars.

K54
        I mean, is this God supernatural, or just there , not interfering with the natural universe?

......are making this up?

I see tornados and hurricanes and earthquakes and I see children with Leukemia, Brain and other central nervous system tumors, Neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor , Lymphoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Bone cancer, Cystic fibrosis ......

I see wars and crimes

but you have God happy to see you looking at rocks and stars ?

are we talking about the teletubby god ?
        To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

I mean, is this God supernatural, or just there , not interfering with the natural universe?

......are making this up?

I see tornados and hurricanes and earthquakes and I see children with Leukemia, Brain and other central nervous system tumors, Neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor , Lymphoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Bone cancer, Cystic fibrosis ......

I see wars and crimes

but you have God happy to see you looking at rocks and stars ?

are we talking about the teletubby god ?
          I didn't realize YECs were Deists.

Are you?

I'd expect that from an agnostic. It's their way to explain apparent theodicies.

I thought all Christians believed in Divine immanence as well as transcendence.

Maybe the YEC Bible God abandoned the Universe after Ish and Ishah chomped on the forbidden Fruit?

Nature is Creation. From a human standpoint there are things which are good and things which are bad. There is no absolute notion of good or bad in the workings of nature. Do you believe otherwise? Does your YEC Bible God tell you otherwise?

Why wouldn't God not want me to learn about creation from studying creation itself?

Why would God write a lie in the rocks, stars, and genomes?

But your Bible God does lie.

My God created a universe with regularities that allow creatures of sufficient intelligence to study it.

Does Bible God do that?

Apparently not.

Pure and simple.

It's high time you repent and not continue to believe in a lying Deceiver.

Sorry to sound so harsh.

Sometimes the Truth hurts.

K54

Comment

My God created a universe with regularities that allow creatures of sufficient intelligence to study it.

K54
            ok, so in your world, since Bible God is not real, He cannot be blamed for tornados and hurricanes and earthquakes and children with Leukemia, Brain and other central nervous system tumors, Neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor , Lymphoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Bone cancer, Cystic fibrosis ......
            ...and wars and crimes

but you praise your God for creating this universe where we have to live with:
            ....tornados and hurricanes and earthquakes and children with Leukemia, Brain and other central nervous system tumors, Neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor , Lymphoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Bone cancer, Cystic fibrosis ......
            ...and wars and crimes

ok, got it.
            To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

ok, so in your world, since Bible God is not real, He cannot be blamed for tornados and hurricanes and earthquakes and children with Leukemia, Brain and other central nervous system tumors, Neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor , Lymphoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Bone cancer, Cystic fibrosis ......
              ...and wars and crimes

but you praise your God for creating this universe where we have to live with:
              ....tornados and hurricanes and earthquakes and children with Leukemia, Brain and other central nervous system tumors, Neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor , Lymphoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Bone cancer, Cystic fibrosis ......
              ...and wars and crimes

ok, got it.
              So Bible God did not create such a universe?

I don't understand.

But then I can't understand why anyone would believe in Bible God who created a universe of deception.

And simultaneously Bible God allowed gee-ologists to find oil and ore deposits using stratigraphic methods based on a deep-time paradigm which Bible God conveniently established with an appearance of age and history even though the rocks are no more than 10,000 years old.

How convenient.

Bible God is a real trickster.

Do you think Bible God created us to be part of silly virtual-reality video game?

Maybe we're YEC Bible God's little toys?

What is the YECs' Trickster Bible God explanation the evidence of deep time and deep history that pervades the physical universe?

Or is there no such thing as the physical universe? You know, that Bible God Video Game thingy.

The YEC Bible God is evil.

Pure and simple.

Turn to the real God before it's too late.

But unlike Bible God, Christian God won't punish you if you study His Creation and discover it's REALLY billions of years old and the stars, planets, and life evolved over time -- in spite of the ANE Hebrew's (irrelevant) limited phenomenological understanding of the world around them.

Christian God good, YEC Bible God bad.

You YECs love your dichotomies, dont'cha?

Bible God wants you to think that way.

K54
              Last edited by klaus54; 09-14-2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

So Bible God did not create such a universe?

I don't understand.

But then I can't understand why anyone would believe in Bible God who created a universe of deception.

And simultaneously Bible God allowed gee-ologists to find oil and ore deposits using stratigraphic methods based on a deep-time paradigm which Bible God conveniently established with an appearance of age and history even though the rocks are no more than 10,000 years old.

How convenient.

Bible God is a real trickster.

Do you think Bible God created us to be part of silly virtual-reality video game?

Maybe we're YEC Bible God's little toys?

What is the YECs' Trickster Bible God explanation the evidence of deep time and deep history that pervades the physical universe?

Or is there no such thing as the physical universe? You know, that Bible God Video Game thingy.

The YEC Bible God is evil.

Pure and simple.

Turn to the real God before it's too late.

But unlike Bible God, Christian God won't punish you if you study His Creation and discover it's REALLY billions of years old and the stars, planets, and life evolved over time -- in spite of the ANE Hebrew's (irrelevant) limited phenomenological understanding of the world around them.

Christian God good, YEC Bible God bad.

You YECs love your dichotomies, dont'cha?

Bible God wants you to think that way.

K54
                Christian God?

Comment

I recall reading about the "Christian God" in the Bible.

He praised the Old Testament and was annoyed that some preferred traditions of men , making Scripture of "none effect"

and He said Moses (that's Old Testament ) wrote of Him and that if you don't believe Moses then neither will you believe "Christian Goid"

OR ............do you have some other source with some other Christian God?

Comment

I recall reading about the "Christian God" in the Bible.

He praised the Old Testament and was annoyed that some preferred traditions of men , making Scripture of "none effect"

and He said Moses (that's Old Testament ) wrote of Him and that if you don't believe Moses then neither will you believe "Christian Goid"

OR ............do you have some other source with some other Christian God?
                    Moses didn't insist on believing a lie about Creation's timing, duration, and history.

YEC Bible God does.

Such things were irrelevant to ANE worship of God.

Such things are relevant to YEC Bible God.

"Come let us reason together..."

YEC Bible God lies and expects YEC Fideists to believe.

YEC Bible God allows all the awful natural things JR hates to happen because of tasting a fruit.

Christian God's Creation must have death to have physical life. Christian God's Creation must have earthquakes and volcanoes and plate tectonics to build up Earth's crust and bring up minerals and metals to make fertile soil.

YEC Bible God sez earthquakes and volcanoes are evil. The Ish and Ishah biting the Fruit caused all that bad stuff. Ish and Ishah bad.

YEC Bible God bad.

YEC Bible God deceives the intelligent and the curious.

YEC Bible God makes a laughingstock of Christianity.

Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens and Ward Churchill believe in YEC Bible God as a strawman.

Richard and Christopher and Ward laugh at Christianity because of YEC Bible God.

K54

Comment

Christian God's Creation must have death to have physical life. Christian God's Creation must have earthquakes and volcanoes and plate tectonics to build up Earth's crust and bring up minerals and metals to make fertile soil.

K54
                      ah, then that explains tornados and hurricanes and earthquakes and children with Leukemia, Brain and other central nervous system tumors, Neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor , Lymphoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Bone cancer, Cystic fibrosis ......
                      ...and wars and crimes

death is a "must have" ,

is the suffering a "must have" also, the suffering of children?

One of my crew has a kid with Lymphoma, the mom is a wreck. She can't afford to miss work but when your kid got cancer, you end up missing a lot of work.

But according to you, at least THE CREATOR OF THIS MESS isn't YEC.

Your "Christian God" does not say Moses recorded a separate creation even for ADAM AND EVE.

oops, I guess YOUR "Christian God" didn't create anybody named ADAM AND EVE.

what is the source for your Christian God?

It cant be the Bible , because you didn't like the idea that God is going to burn all this anyway, but Christian God in the Bible's follower Peter says Christian God is going to come back and burn it down

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

so what is your source? who is this Christian God you apologize for?

Comment

its funny, I have heard other Creationists call evolution theory a "religion"
                        even Ann Coulter referring to the Godless liberalism church with its "high priests of evolution"

but I took it with a grain of salt,

an amusing way to annoy believers of RMNS

BUT I never thought I would actually see it incorporated into religious belief, a God of Anti-YEC.

Cancer is ok, just as long as there is no YEC.

Comment

even Ann Coulter referring to the Godless liberalism church with its "high priests of evolution"

but I took it with a grain of salt,

an amusing way to annoy believers of RMNS

BUT I never thought I would actually see it incorporated into religious belief, a God of Anti-YEC.

Cancer is ok, just as long as there is no YEC.
                          Why is it that your posts often have an air of 'incoherency' about them?

In any event, anyone referring to Evolution as a religion is simply wrong - Evolution on its own is not a religion.

That said, anyone (like myself) saying that Evolution is PART of a religion - specifically, Materialism/Humanism/Atheism/Theistic Evolutionism/others - is 100.00% correct. If you doubt that then take Evolution out of Materialism and consider what you're left with. Evolution introduced the "intellectually-fulfilled" part of Materialism (Dawkins scored on this point).

Just clarifying.

Jorge

Comment

but I took it with a grain of salt
                            Taking what Ann Coulter says with a grain of salt is probably the wisest course. I don't know how much of what she says she actually believes and how much she says is to merely be provocative and sell books. In any case she does not seem to know much about evolution and what little she does is not even remotely correct. But then again maybe she isn't as ignorant as she portrays herself as being and just realizes she can make a lot more money this way.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                              Why is it that your posts often have an air of 'incoherency' about them?

Jorge
                              yes, I know. I am sorry.
                              it throws me for loop, dealing with Klause.
                              I can process atheists who don't believe God created anything

Is harder to deal with someone who says they believe in God , but a God that didn't create anything.

why bother.

is like, oh yeah, I believe in God but its ok, it doesn't do anything.

Then Klause says Bible God bad, but "Christian" God good

????

that is confusing.

...is possible he does not know source of Christian God IS THE BIBLE??

IS it possible he does not know Christian God claims to be the one Moses spoke of, since Christian God JESUS is the one who created EVERYTHING and there is not anything that was not created by Jesus.

(ok for clarification, I know Jesus is not His Father, God the Father is greater than Jesus says Jesus, Jesus obeys the Father,
                              BUT NEVERTHELESS, according to Bible, it was Jesus who did all creating,

....was appointed by God the Father to create universe?? I do not know that part)

Comment

Are any Darwinists willing to go on record, that you will go on record, give up your belief in the THEORY of evolution when a mammal fossil is discovered in one of the Precambrian locations.
                                Aye, no problem. Good luck finding one.

Comment