Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Will You Go on Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    Find His corpse.

Anywhere, it doesn't have to be in the precambrian or anything like that.
    How would you know it was Jesus and not Prometheus? Mythical demigods probably have very similar corpses, so identification might be tricky.

Comment

Yes.
      Prove the resurrection of Jesus Christ never occurred.
      You cannot prove a negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by phank View Post
        How would you know it was Jesus and not Prometheus? Mythical demigods probably have very similar corpses, so identification might be tricky.
        well, yeah.

. . . . but its only been 2000 years.

what's 2000 years in light of a 3billion-plus years of life on earth.

its not like you're trying to locate find DNA in 68 million year old Dinos, (or at least PHEX proteins shape-related to bird osteocytes.
        To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Find His corpse.
          We have lots of human remains, some of them dating from around the right period. How do we know whether one of them is Jesus's remains? As opposed, to, say, one of the thieves he was supposedly crucified with?

Roy
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            You cannot prove a negative.
            I think this different category.

it would be proving a positive, that body does exist.

His body not supposed to exist on earth.
            To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
              We have lots of human remains, some of them dating from around the right period. How do we know whether one of them is Jesus's remains? As opposed, to, say, one of the thieves he was supposedly crucified with?

Roy
              that's your problem.

i'm satisfied it won't be found, just as a few posters to this thread are satisfied a rabbit will not be found in the Precambrian.

Comment

that's your problem.

i'm satisfied it won't be found, just as a few posters to this thread are satisfied a rabbit will not be found in the Precambrian.
                No, it's your problem.

If there is no way of determining whether human remains are those of Jesus,
                then any human remains we find could have belonged to some-one else,
                there is no way of demonstrating that Jesus wasn't resurrected,
                and nothing could ever suggest to you that the bible might be in error.

You have effectively gone on record as stating that no evidence could convince you to change your world-view.

Roy
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  No, it's your problem.

If there is no way of determining whether human remains are those of Jesus,
                  then any human remains we find could have belonged to some-one else,
                  there is no way of demonstrating that Jesus wasn't resurrected,
                  and nothing could ever suggest to you that the bible might be in error.

You have effectively gone on record as stating that no evidence could convince you to change your world-view.

Roy
                  you act like its never been done before.

have you forgotten the 'IDENTIFIED' Egyptians that lived over a thousand years before Christ

Tutankhamen, (old King Tut, ...but i dunno why they called him "old" he died at 18) thats over 1300 years Before Christ.
                  Ramesses II (AKA Ramesses The Great), thats over 1200 years Before Christ...
                  the female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, her death was 1458 B.C...

sheesh, they even identified Hatshepsut's wetnurse, albeit I don't know if they have the name of the wetnurse.

oh, and 'Ginger' , well, ok, nobody knows who Ginger was since that was a name given to the red haired mummy,
                  but since Ginger was a male, we know he might have been a mummy but never a mommy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    Finding a mammal in the Cambrian.
                    Exactly.

It would be on the same order as the Flintstones.

K54

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                      I'm having a hellish time deciding which of the above two dim-witted
                      Dodo's is the most dishonest. Is it Terror or Roy? Very hard to say.
                      More unintended irony I see. You do a great job of making yourself look dim-witted and dishonest all by yourself. Such a good job you do that even many of your fellow YEC's hold you at arms length and don't want to be associated with you. Why do you suppose that is? You might want to deal with that projection problem of yours before you start trying to correct others, ok?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

True, but this is the "black knight" problem, wherein every appendage can be whacked off, and the head will still be proclaiming victory until it dies.
                        You were doing ok here and than you went on to say this:

When axioms battle evidence, the deciding factor is political. Science will never abandon evidence in favor of superstition, and the superstitious will never even understand the concept of evidence. Look around at the world's various political systems, and see the various results of each approach being supported by physical power.
                        Your hatred of religion shows itself again. Keep showing why you and Jorge are opposite sides of the same coin.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And more evidence that you're just an atheist version of Jorge is presented.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I think this different category.

it would be proving a positive, that body does exist.

His body not supposed to exist on earth.
                            Not a different category, and compounded by many issues. Considering the chaotic nature of the time, limited and ambiguous historical records, and the lack of testimony specifically date to the event, the problems mount as no, you cannot prove a negative. You cannot remotely prove the positive. How could anyone remotely produce a body today?

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              Not a different category, and compounded by many issues. Considering the chaotic nature of the time, limited and ambiguous historical records, and the lack of testimony specifically date to the event, the problems mount as no, you cannot prove a negative. You cannot remotely prove the positive. How could anyone remotely produce a body today?
                              I think it is a different category.
                              That is not asking to prove a negative.
                              The way I understand it, putting the burden of proof to someone to prove a negative, means prove something DOES NOT EXIST.

I am not the one who is claiming the Body of Christ exists on Earth and you have to prove it does not exist.
                              (like claiming God exists and putting the burden of proof on you to prove God does not exist)

nope.

In this case I am the one claiming the Body of Christ DOES NOT EXIST on Earth.

In this case nobody is putting the burden of proof on anybody to prove something does NOT exist, which would be asking to prove a negative.

....Considering the chaotic nature of the time....
                              oh that's rich.

I am not the one asking to find evidence of a soft bunny after 540 million years,
                              I am not the one adding the qualifier of , not just a bunny, BUT A POPULATION

....but I am the one who said that's acceptable.

Comment

you act like its never been done before.

have you forgotten the 'IDENTIFIED' Egyptians that lived over a thousand years before Christ

Tutankhamen, (old King Tut, ...but i dunno why they called him "old" he died at 18) thats over 1300 years Before Christ.
                                Ramesses II (AKA Ramesses The Great), thats over 1200 years Before Christ...
                                the female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, her death was 1458 B.C...

sheesh, they even identified Hatshepsut's wetnurse, albeit I don't know if they have the name of the wetnurse.
                                The Egyptian pharaohs were entombed in massive custom-built constructions. Jesus wasn't.

Will you admit that if a skeleton with damaged hands was found near an inscription stating that the body was that of Joshua ben Josef or similar, you would reject the bible? How about if there was a nearby skeleton marked Josef or James, and DNA tests showed they were related? That's effectively all we've got for the pharaohs.

Roy

Comment