Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Three words nobody ever wants to hear (or say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Our God is stronger than cancer sir. I know you know, but a reminder.
        Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Comment

I'll be praying for your family. May God bless your wife.
            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Left the house at 6 this morning for Houston, spent all day in appointments (her in appointments, me waiting) and just got home about 30 minutes ago. LONG day!

BUT... here's what we know so far....

the BAD news...
                It definitely IS cancer
                It definitely IS malignant
                It definitely HAS grown nearly twice the size it was just a few weeks ago.
                There WILL be surgery soon.

The GOOD/WEIRD news...

It appears NOT to be in the lymph nodes
                It appears to be LOCALIZED in one breast
                It appears to have MOVED "forward" from deeper tissue closer to the surface (referencing the prior mammogram)
                It appears to me more of a "solid mass", clearly defined, which supposedly makes it easier to remove

The doctor says she is "highly optimistic about this"
                You and the missus are still in my prayers and will remain so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm really impressed with how my wife is handling this. When things were looking gloomier than yesterday (last week was hard) I commented to her how proud I was (did I already type this?) and she said, "well, YOU'RE always saying you're ready to go at any time -- why shouldn't I be?"

Not wanting to get our hopes up TOO much, things are looking WAY better since yesterday's visits at MD Anderson. And I'll post when I know when surgery will be.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ya ever notice how, when you get a new car -- say a Dodge Charger -- all of a sudden you see Dodge Chargers every time you turn around, and often when you don't? I mean, you notice it WAY more. Not necessarily that there are suddenly more Dodge Chargers around.....

Well, shortly after we found out my wife has cancer, my "Paul and Timothy Conference" had one of the guest speakers who began with "last year was not so good -- I was diagnosed with cancer..." and we were watching a cop show on TV where the main character was just diagnosed as cancer, and my ministry coordinator just learned she has breast cancer, my wife's boss's wife, without even KNOWING my wife has cancer, confided in my wife that SHE (the boss's wife) has cancer....

It seems, every time I turn around (and often when I don't) there's somebody talking about cancer.

Then Sheriff Jankowski (in my cop story thread) passed away this past Sunday from cancer -- he had encouraged my son-in-law through his own bout with cancer....
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Hi, Cow Poke. Just saw this thread. All prayers and hopes to Susie and you! MD Anderson is the very best place you could be in terms of medical care. I'm gonna be a Southern Baptist until this is all over.
                        אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Still ing for good news

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Still ing for good news
                              Me too.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment