Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Three words nobody ever wants to hear (or say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

May the Lord minister, and bring his peace.
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

MD Anderson

Been at MD Anderson since 8 this morning. She has already had 3 appointments, and several more to go. Imaging, ultrasound, blood work -- everything is on the same floor here, VERY well organized, all "offices" accessible from the same large comfortable waiting room.

She has several more appointments, one for aspiration, then a consultation about 3 PM.

Quite a day - we shall see what we shall see.

Thanks for your prayers.

(She's being a real trooper, but she started to cry a bit as we left the house, like she thought she might not be coming back. (half smile / almost misty)

God is good!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Still ing.

Comment

And I really must say -- the people here have the PERFECT balance of friendliness / empathy / professionalism, etc, without making you feel they're "acting".

GREAT people here!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I am terrible at knowing what to say in situations like this - it always feels awkward ...even through I went through something similar with my mother and father (lung cancer). But just know that I am praying and I am here if you want to talk.

Comment

She is now in "fine needle aspiration" -- guessing this is fancy talk for biopsy. Been here since 9 am, and I'm worn out just waiting --- she, of course, has been going through tests and procedures all this time.

And, yeah, Sparko -- I get ya!

Hopefully, we'll get a consultation soon.

Comment

:Pray:

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        On Monday, my wife came home from a visit to the doctor. I generally take Mondays off, so I was at home.

She came in the back door, and I could tell by the look on her face that something wasn't good.

The tears began do run down her cheeks, and she said, "I have cancer".

Wisdom told me just to shut up and hug her. So I hugged her and she cried, and nobody said a word for quite a while.

She calmed down a bit, and began to relate her visit to the doctor, and what the doctor had said. She had (don't understand it, but it's what she calls it) a "ridge" on the side of her breast that she was concerned about, and her Doctor examined it and said, "I'm just going to be straight up -- without all the tests, we can't be sure, but I believe it's cancer, and I believe we need to do something soon".

Her Doctor helped her make an appointment at St. Luke's Hospital (associated with MD Anderson Cancer Hospital in Houston), and we spent Wednesday getting ultrasound, mammogram, bloodwork, etc.... The Doctor there confirmed it is, indeed, cancer.

Thus begins the next challenge in our lives, and God will see us through this.

Your prayers are appreciated.
                        ing for the both of you

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Left the house at 6 this morning for Houston, spent all day in appointments (her in appointments, me waiting) and just got home about 30 minutes ago. LONG day!

BUT... here's what we know so far....

the BAD news...
                          It definitely IS cancer
                          It definitely IS malignant
                          It definitely HAS grown nearly twice the size it was just a few weeks ago.
                          There WILL be surgery soon.

The GOOD/WEIRD news...

It appears NOT to be in the lymph nodes
                          It appears to be LOCALIZED in one breast
                          It appears to have MOVED "forward" from deeper tissue closer to the surface (referencing the prior mammogram)
                          It appears to me more of a "solid mass", clearly defined, which supposedly makes it easier to remove

The doctor says she is "highly optimistic about this"
                          Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-17-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

This is terrible news. Thankfully, it still appears treatable and the doctor is optimistic.

For what it's worth, if you ever feel like you're falling out of love with God over this situation, look into the works of Gary Habermas on the subject of doubt. Habermas is a NT scholar but he's had to deal with losing faith quite a few times over the illness and death of his wife (and for the matter, CS Lewis "A Grief Observed" is a very candid picture of a Christian dealing with anger and grief). Of course, from what you've said so far, your wife has a real chance to beat this thing - I hope God grants your prayers.

Comment