Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Witnessing to Atheists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good definition. And they call anyone who doesn't hold to their view of eschatology a liar in cahoots with Satan. And that Satan's behind everything evil, when that wouldn't make any sense.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Good definition. And they call anyone who doesn't hold to their view of eschatology a liar in cahoots with Satan. And that Satan's behind everything evil, when that wouldn't make any sense.
      That is why it's a characture because I seriously have never personally known somebody that fits anywhere close to the characture. If I did, I'm sure even many Christians would give them a wide berth.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• There may be internet wacko's that might claim I'm not saved because... reasons. I don't know... maybe someone out there believes that you aren't saved if you don't hold to KJV onlyism.

Comment

There may be internet wacko's that might claim I'm not saved because... reasons. I don't know... maybe someone out there believes that you aren't saved if you don't hold to KJV onlyism.
          So you've ran into Jorge too? Jorge has pretty much questioned my salvation several times because I don't agree with him on his YEC views. I've even been compared to a witch on a broom a few times too (but alas, I'm not his arch foe compared to Jim and rogue).
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• I was being hypothetical. As far as I remember, I don't think anyone has claimed I was not saved aside for maybe a miscommunication thing.

Comment

I was being hypothetical. As far as I remember, I don't think anyone has claimed I was not saved aside for maybe a miscommunication thing.
              Hang around the internets long enough and you'll run into it.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Meanwhile, I still maintain that ... it pays to be nice.
                I agree.

Comment

Just not convinced that abiogenesis is empirically proven.
                  Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  What fundies? Who believes that individual species stay static? Who believes that zebras and donkeys aren't related?
                  so you accept that horses, zebras, and donkeys (equus) have a common ancestor, but reject that homo sapiens, neanderthals, and monkeys (primates) share a common ancestor? you may as well reject equus relatedness, since the same investigative methodology that determined equine evolution also concluded you are a primate.

Comment

I was being hypothetical. As far as I remember, I don't think anyone has claimed I was not saved aside for maybe a miscommunication thing.
                    You're not saved.

Of course, I don't think anyone is, and I figure you meant fellow Christians, but still.

Comment

• Even with the intelligence gap? We can't have kids with apes. Equines can have kids with each other.

Comment

• Don't really want to argue. It's off topic. Is it really that awful we feel obligated to tell you about the options? Pascal's wager certainly has issues, but the general idea does have a point. Or we could agree to disagree and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                          You're not saved.

Of course, I don't think anyone is, and I figure you meant fellow Christians, but still.

And you're being silly. Saved from WHAT! If everyone dies and stays dead, what difference will it make in 5 billion years? If I'm right, I'll be doing something enjoyable, maybe exploring the universe, for eternity. If your right, it simply won't matter and we both won't know that your right.

Comment

Even with the intelligence gap? We can't have kids with apes. Equines can have kids with each other.
                            My granma is rolling over in her grave.

1. If the Kardashians can have kids, intelligence doesn't matter.
                            2. We are apes. We're also primates, mammals, bilaterians, ...
                            3. There's a good chance we could have kids with chimps. The chromosomes match up almost exactly.

Now, CBW, please! Stop posting about stuff you know nothing about, okay?

As ever, Jesse

Comment

Just not convinced that abiogenesis is empirically proven.
                              Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              I'd rather be agnostic to events that may have occured billions of years ago. Invent a time machine and get some evidence either way. I can wait until heaven and just ask.
                              Is that how all epistemelogical investigations should be conducted? with a time machine?

Comment

• I meant chimps and gorillas, should have said other apes. Don't think you would want to try to have kids with a chimp. Those guys will kill you! I know you mean in a lab, but still. And what are your credentials? Unless you have a PhD in evolutionary biology or something, I don't think you'rre any more qualified to talk about this topic either. Or at least a BS in biology or something.
                                Last edited by Christianbookworm; 02-07-2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment