Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is God Immoral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enjolras View Post
    Because they harm innocent humans. Why do you approve of the killing of babies?
    Well our culture condones the killing of the unborn. Are you saying that your moral sense is better, more correct than the majority?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

If Bible God is real as Biblically described (knows every possible outcome), and is "good"
      then anything He does is justified.

...if He is just made up, then the Ancient Hebrews just made up excuse for taking land.
      To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        No... God can give an ass the ability to talk - just look at you! Sorry, I couldn't resist!
        Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
        If Bible God is real as Biblically described (knows every possible outcome), and is "good"

...if He is just made up, then the Ancient Hebrews just made up excuse for taking land.
        I have no further comment if all you're arguing is divine command--which is best summed up "divine command."

Comment

Well our culture condones the killing of the unborn. Are you saying that your moral sense is better, more correct than the majority?
          I think you know my answer based upon previous interactions. If the majority thinks it's ok to harm humans, the majority is wrong.

How do you answer my question?

Comment

If God told you to torture babies for his pleasure, would you do it?

If not, would your refusal to do so be considered immoral and worthy of his wrath?

Comment

If God told you to torture babies for his pleasure, would you do it?

If not, would your refusal to do so be considered immoral and worthy of his wrath?
              Probably be another sin of disobedience.
              Add to another 600 or so laws I probably don't keep.
              To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                I have no further comment if all you're arguing is divine command--which is best summed up "divine command."
                I thought the thread was the morality of God in the first place.

are you changing it to morality of people claiming to be followers of Bible-God

Comment

Probably be another sin of disobedience.
                  Add to another 600 or so laws I probably don't keep.
                  But you would consider yourself to be immoral and worthy of wrath for not torturing babies. Ok. Thank you for being honest.

Comment

But you would consider yourself to be immoral and worthy of wrath for not torturing babies. Ok. Thank you for being honest.
                    Bible seems to indicate we are all immoral and worthy of wrath.

...."we all got it coming, kid" William Muny ? (Clint Eastwood ...'Unforgiven')

Comment

No... God can give an ass the ability to talk - just look at you! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I thought the thread was the morality of God in the first place.

are you changing it to morality of people claiming to be followers of Bible-God
                      The thread is about seer's admission he can't morally justify biblical atrocities. I don't believe those events were ordered by a god, so I'm not arguing from that basis.

The real question is why you feel compelled to believe it literal and defend it thus. Why not simp!y acknowledge it wasn't a divine command?

Comment

Babies have it coming?

Comment

? did it call for baby torturing?
                          I thought it was for a quick kill -- send to God

...unlike the passing through fire pagan practice of the Amalekite and Midianite and Phoenician culture s

Comment

In the scenario I gave the babies were not tortured for anything they did, but for God's entertainment. So even if one were to grant the absurd contention that babies somehow deserve torture, that would be irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                              Babies have it coming?
                              Only if they grow up.

....all have sinexample.

But bible indicates babies pass go, and go straight to heaven (David and Bathsheba's baby example)

Comment

? did it call for baby torturing?
                                I thought it was for a quick kill -- send to God

...unlike the passing through fire pagan practice of the Amalekite and Midianite and Phoenician culture s
                                I wrote 'torture,' not 'kill.'

Comment