Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

About Psalm 137

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Did you seriously forget that they sinned too?
    . . . and the stain of original sin for all descendants.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      . . . and the stain of original sin for all descendants.
      Think of the courage of someone like Pelagius to challenge that concept. Imagine being in agreement with the religious order of the but rejecting that doctrine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        If I create a work of art, I have every wright to do with it as I wish, including destroy it.
        You don't.
        You may have the right to do with your creation what ever you wish, but that isn't the question at hand. The question at hand is whether or not what you do with it is wrong. The Bible tells you that there is only one who is good, and that is God who is in heaven. Well, what meaning does that have if for God there is no distinction between good and evil.

Comment

I don't judge God.
          And that is why you can accept any evil at all done in Gods name.

It's PEEVES!!!!
          Yeah, and in your last post it's not Wright, its Right!!! Grow up.
          Sheeeeeeeesh![/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            And that is why you can accept any evil at all done in Gods name.
            That's NOT why.

Yeah, and in your last post it's not Wright, its Right!!!
            You NEVER woulda figured that out by yourself if my brother hadn't helped you.

Grow up.
            Ain't happen', blood!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              You may have the right to do with your creation what ever you wish, but that isn't the question at hand.
              Only because it doesn't serve your purpose.

The question at hand is whether or not what you do with it is wrong.
              No, the question is whether you are qualified to judge God.

The Bible tells you that there is only one who is good, and that is God who is in heaven.
              VERY GOOD, Jimmy!

Well, what meaning does that have if for God there is no distinction between good and evil.
              I'll tell you what -- YOU go arrest Him, OK?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                  That's actually not why we die. Animals and plants die, and it's ludicrous to suggest sin caused that. Ditto stars.

Things are dynamic and they tend to expire. Sorry.
                  Yeah keep moving those goal posts. I thought your objection (or was it JimL's?) was that God was evil because he "murdered" innocent children? God takes everyone's life. It is just a matter of when.

It is only murder if it is unjustified killing. Because we have rebelled against God, he is justified in his taking of our lives.

And as far as creation goes:

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Yeah keep moving those goal posts. I thought your objection (or was it JimL's?) was that God was evil because he "murdered" innocent children? God takes everyone's life. It is just a matter of when.

It is only murder if it is unjustified killing. Because we have rebelled against God, he is justified in his taking of our lives.

And as far as creation goes:

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
                    I haven't moved goalposts. I just corrected your error explaining why human beings die. Everything dies. Sin is a dopey explanation for why trees and snails expire. We've been expiring since before we were tree shrews, yes? You realize that things died billions of years before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                      I haven't moved goalposts. I just corrected your error explaining why human beings die. Everything dies. Sin is a dopey explanation for why trees and snails expire. We've been expiring since before we were tree shrews, yes? You realize that things died billions of years before that.
                      I realize that you don't believe in God. But when you accuse God of being a murderer, and then when someone explains he is not a murderer - it means you have entered the context of God existing. You can't then jump back to "that's a silly belief" - that is moving goal posts. If you accuse God of being evil, then you have to assume that there IS a God and accept the answer from those who don't believe he is evil.

Comment

Good Luck tryin' that!
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Can you please learn that the past tense of "learn" is "learned", and that "learnt" is considered an irregular verb?

Thanks.

If only those Brits would just learn English!

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

If only those Brits would just learn English!
                            YEAH!!!!! And don't EVEN get me started on them Canadistanians!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
                              And you secularists don't need any help practicing eugenics and setting up murderous dictatorial regimes
                              Actually, I've been slacking hard lately ....

Comment

YEAH!!!!! And don't EVEN get me started on them Canadistanians!
                                "The problem with the French is they have no word for entrepreneur!" — W

Comment