Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nobody Dies for a Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Did god raise Jesus from the dead, or did Jesus raise himself from the dead, and what would be the difference? Does Jesus have a glorified material body now, ya know, like the one that resurrected and ascended to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father, or is he a spirit, ya know, unified as one with the father and the holy spirit?
    Jesus IS God.

Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Jimbobaroony, I spent pages patiently explaining it all to you. You merely ignored it and continued to burn straw. I have no desire to continue playing into your trolling (or ignorance). If you want to feel like you have defeated Christianity because you have burned a strawman version of it, go for it. You are not fooling anyone except yourself.
      You have no defense for this. Your pages of explanation did not address the fact that Jesus disciples had to see him resurrected with their own eyes before believing it, but that the rest of us have to take their word for it or go to hell. So I guess we'll just have to take your inability to adress that fact directly as a concession.

Comment

Jesus IS God.

Yes.
        Tell it to CP. According to CP, God raised Jesus from the dead. Apparently Jesus would still be in Hell where he apparently descended to for 3 days, (or was he in the tomb for 3 days, it's so confusing) if yahway, his father, didn't resurrect him. So was Jesus resurrected, and did he ascend into heaven with a new and glorified material body like we will have, or did he resurrected and ascend as a spirit?

Comment

Tell it to CP.
          He doesn't have to - we're on the same page.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            He doesn't have to - we're on the same page.
            You mean that neither one of you can make sense of what you believe?

Comment

You mean that neither one of you can make sense of what you believe?
              Bless your heart.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Tell it to CP. According to CP, God raised Jesus from the dead. Apparently Jesus would still be in Hell where he apparently descended to for 3 days, (or was he in the tomb for 3 days, it's so confusing) if yahway, his father, didn't resurrect him. So was Jesus resurrected, and did he ascend into heaven with a new and glorified material body like we will have, or did he resurrected and ascend as a spirit?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Jesus IS God.

Yes.
                  Of course he is.

Jesus is fully God and (according to the doctrine of the 'hypostatic union') fully Man all at the same time. Clever Jesus!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Of course he is.

Jesus is fully God and (according to the doctrine of the 'hypostatic union') fully Man all at the same time. Clever Jesus!
                    Correct. You finally got something right.

Comment

• I honestly believe Jim only reads what anti-Christian websites say the Bible says. Many of the interpretations up with which he comes are downright juvenile.

Comment

• That's my point. Do you all have comprehension problems. Assuming there is any truth to the story at all, the point was that the disciples wouldn't have believed in the resurrection, or in other words that Jesus was god, without seeing Jesus physical resurrected body for themselves. Jesus obviously knew that, which is why his resurrected self had to appear before them, to show them. So, you think that Jesus is going to condemn the rest of us for not believing, when his own disciples couldn't believe?

Comment

I honestly believe Jim only reads what anti-Christian websites say the Bible says. Many of the interpretations up with which he comes are downright juvenile.
                          Well, as usual, you're wrong, CP, bless your heart. I don't read anti-christian web sites, don't even know of one, and the fact that you believe the bible at all is evidence as to which of us is downright juvenile. In case you don't understand, that would be you, CP.

Comment

Well, as usual, you're wrong, CP, bless your heart. I don't read anti-christian web sites, don't even know of one, and the fact that you believe the bible at all is evidence as to which of us is downright juvenile. In case you don't understand, that would be you, CP.
                            Bless your heart.

Comment

That's my point. Do you all have comprehension problems. Assuming there is any truth to the story at all, the point was that the disciples wouldn't have believed in the resurrection, or in other words that Jesus was god, without seeing Jesus physical resurrected body for themselves. Jesus obviously knew that, which is why his resurrected self had to appear before them, to show them. So, you think that Jesus is going to condemn the rest of us for not believing, when his own disciples couldn't believe?
                              Jesus doesn't condemn anybody, Jim.

John 3 [KJV] 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Comment

Jesus doesn't condemn anybody, Jim.

John 3 [KJV] 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
                                Think about it CP, if we are condemned to begin with, condemned to hell no less, then the same god is responsible for that condemnation than the one who offers us salvation if only we believe in him. So, we are already condemned to hell, but if in going over the evidence we come to the conclusion that this god exists then we can be saved, but if we honestly come to the conclusion that this god does not exist then we will go to hell where god intended us to go in the first place. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Comment