Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Which Would You Personally Prefer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Jesus had two natures: God and Man. He was speaking from his human nature, in pain, being crucified on a cross.
    So as a man he was no longer god, or are you saying that as a man he was speaking to his godly self? Kind of weird Sparko. Schizophrenic! I said to myself; self, why did I forsake me! Did he ever get an answer from himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      So as a man he was no longer god, or are you saying that as a man he was speaking to his godly self? Kind of weird Sparko. Schizophrenic! I said to myself; self, why did I forsake me! Did he ever get an answer from himself?
      When you want to seriously discuss the topic I will be here. As long as you are just mocking and trolling I won't bother. In the meantime you might want to do some research on Psalm 22 and on the topic of Jesus taking on the sin of the world.

Comment

Okay, obviously you have no argument to make, just the assertions of your belief.
        No. The term "Trinity" is the name of the explanation, that there are three Persons who are the One God.

And that God is invisible and omnipresent.

Your problem is you do not want to know the truth.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

As I said, your problem is that you do not want to know the truth.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

When you want to seriously discuss the topic I will be here. As long as you are just mocking and trolling I won't bother. In the meantime you might want to do some research on Psalm 22 and on the topic of Jesus taking on the sin of the world.
            Ah, we have been seriously discussing it Sparko, and you have yet to make a logical defense of the Trinitarian perspective in and of itself. You defend it as something that can be derived of certain biblical passages, in other words that the bible supports the 3 persons in one god perspective, but you haven't given a logical explanation of the Trinity itself. You can't, because it isn't a logical concept, even if the bible supports it as the reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
              No. The term "Trinity" is the name of the explanation, that there are three Persons who are the One God.

And that God is invisible and omnipresent.

Your problem is you do not want to know the truth.
              Again, unsupported assertions concerning your belief is not an argument.

Comment

Ah, we have been seriously discussing it Sparko, and you have yet to make a logical defense of the Trinitarian perspective in and of itself. You defend it as something that can be derived of certain biblical passages, in other words that the bible supports the 3 persons in one god perspective, but you haven't given a logical explanation of the Trinity itself. You can't, because it isn't a logical concept, even if the bible supports it as the reality.
                Just repeating your same nonsense despite a freaking 5 page article presenting a logical argument for the Trinity.

If you can actually show me where it is illogical rather than just claiming it, we can discuss it. Otherwise I will just ignore your spittle and drool.

Comment

That's what I keep telling YOU JimL, yet that is all you do.

Comment

Jim, you do not know how to make any argument without any belief. All valid arguments are rooted in some kind of belief. Again, God is invisible and omnipresent.

Comment

Jim, you do not know how to make any argument without any belief. All valid arguments are rooted in some kind of belief. Again, God is invisible and omnipresent.
                      Yes they are, but you are not making one, you're simply stating your belief such as: "Again, God is invisible and omnipresent."

Comment

That's what I keep telling YOU JimL, yet that is all you do.
                        Wrong, you just have difficulties with comprehension or with following an argument. All you have been doing is saying that you believe in the Trinity because you can find passages in the bible that support it, or that you can quote christian theologians that support it. That is not a logical argument for the reality of a triune god, 3 persons in 1 god, it's just you asserting that you believe it because the bible and the theologians say so. You even admit to that in the first paragragh of your essay. The bible is the word of god you say, and therefore, since it can be said to support the trinity, it has to be true. That's what you call logic!

Comment

What I said is NOT modalism. You posted the definition above. Modalism is believing there is ONE person who plays different roles. The Father comes down and becomes Jesus, the son, then acts as the Holy Spirit. Play acting different roles. That is not what the Trinity is, and I said that by describing them as three distinct persons.

If you can't even grasp that simple fact then you have no business debating the Trinity in the first place. You have to understand a topic before you can debate it.
                          "Simple fact"?

Nobody understands Trinitarian doctrine because it is inherently ridiculous, as is the doctrine of the hypostatic union, whereby Jesus was simultaneously fully god and fully man. They are inevitable result of the mess that came about when strict Judaic monotheists wanted to say that Jesus was God.

Comment

Jim, you do not know how to make any argument without any belief. All valid arguments are rooted in some kind of belief.
                            "Belief" requires substantive evidence to support it.

Again, God is invisible and omnipresent.
                            No he's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              "Belief" requires substantive evidence to support it.
                              Two things to note. One, the identity of who and what is God. Second, substantive evidence is in fact based on what God is. What needs evidence is not God. Else what ever god you think your are referring to is not God.

No he's not.
                              Then you have no clue as to what is God.

Comment

Wrong, you just have difficulties with comprehension or with following an argument. All you have been doing is saying that you believe in the Trinity because you can find passages in the bible that support it, or that you can quote christian theologians that support it. That is not a logical argument for the reality of a triune god, 3 persons in 1 god, it's just you asserting that you believe it because the bible and the theologians say so. You even admit to that in the first paragragh of your essay. The bible is the word of god you say, and therefore, since it can be said to support the trinity, it has to be true. That's what you call logic!
                                You keep moving the goal posts. We are not giving you a logical argument for the existence of God, just that the bible teaches that God is a Trinity and that it is a logical argument and is not contradictory. You don't have to believe in God or that he is a Trinity.

there is no logical contradiction in the concept of the Trinity.

If you wish to try to prove that there is one, please do. Merely asserting that it is illogical, or moving the goal posts is not an argument.

Comment