Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do you believe in zombies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    flatland?
    YES!!!!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      YES!!!!
      never heard of it.

Comment

• Come back here, you! I got a needle with your name on it.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Why don't you help Jim work on what a boy is, before contemplating more challenging questions?
          What a boy is, is arbitrary CP, they come in all different shapes and sizes and more specifically they come in different ages which is why you never answered the question that you accuse me of not answering.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            What a boy is, is arbitrary CP, they come in all different shapes and sizes and more specifically they come in different ages which is why you never answered the question that you accuse me of not answering.
            At this point, the sheer tenacity is actually kind of impressive.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Ooh, dang - there';s a short book that I think would help you get this.

and I can't remember the title!

The premise is a two dimensional being learns that three dimensions exist by interacting with a three dimensional being - of course, the poor guy ends up in an insane asylum. Can someone else remember the title?
              So what are you trying to say, that our spirits/souls are connected to our bodies, but that the two exist in different dimensions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                At this point, the sheer tenacity is actually kind of impressive.
                not really. It just shows how clueless he is that he thinks he is actually fooling anyone. It's like when you catch your kid covered in chocolate and you ask him if he had gotten into the candy jar and he says "No! I would never do that!"
                "but you are covered in chocolate and there are chocolate hand prints on the empty jar"
                "it was the dog! He ate it and I was trying to clean it up and..."
                "but the dog doesn't have any chocolate on him but you do"
                "He licked it all off!"
                and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  not really. It just shows how clueless he is that he thinks he is actually fooling anyone. It's like when you catch your kid covered in chocolate and you ask him if he had gotten into the candy jar and he says "No! I would never do that!"
                  "but you are covered in chocolate and there are chocolate hand prints on the empty jar"
                  "it was the dog! He ate it and I was trying to clean it up and..."
                  "but the dog doesn't have any chocolate on him but you do"
                  "He licked it all off!"
                  and so on.
                  That's exactly what it's like, but I'm trying to be all positive and stuff.

raising a politician.jpg
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

So what are you trying to say, that our spirits/souls are connected to our bodies, but that the two exist in different dimensions?
                    What is a boy? Work on that one for a while, then graduate to souls and spirits.

boy.gif
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's as close as a materialist is likely to get. It's a fair enough analogy, yes.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

What is a boy? Work on that one for a while, then graduate to souls and spirits.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26185[/ATTACH]
                        That's a big 10-4.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's as close as a materialist is likely to get. It's a fair enough analogy, yes.
                          So your body is located in this 3 dimensional world but your spirit isn't. Now c'mon Tea, you know that doesn't make sense whether one is a materialist or an immaterialist. If the spirit is with the body, then whether immaterial or not, it would need be located in the same dimensional world as the body. If your argument is that the spirit is none local, then you can't argue that it is with the body which is local.

Comment

So your body is located in this 3 dimensional world but your spirit isn't. Now c'mon Tea, you know that doesn't make sense whether one is a materialist or an immaterialist. If the spirit is with the body, then whether immaterial or not, it would need be located in the same dimensional world as the body. If your argument is that the spirit is none local, then you can't argue that it is with the body which is local.
                            Where, in the body, is life?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Where, in the body, is life?
                              Life isn't a thing in and of itself CP.

Comment

Life isn't a thing in and of itself CP.
                                Never said it was. But it's in the body, Jim? Where in the body?

Comment