Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The 'best' arguments for atheism and Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RhinestoneCowboy View Post
    Exactly. There are bodies on earth and bodies that are in heaven - 1 Cor 15:40-44, 2 Cor 5:1-4. Paul does not say spiritual bodies will walk around the earth and be touched. No, Paul's conception of the Risen Jesus has him in heaven at the moment of his resurrection. This is why you're unable to find a passage where Paul gives any evidence of Jesus being experienced in a way that was not spiritual.
    why are you, an agnostic, so obsessed with this view of yours? You refuse to accept what actual believers say on the topic, and instead insist on your nonsensical view and you are not even a believer. Why? Do you think if you can convince Christians of your spiritual resurrection idea that they will stop believing? Or perhaps you used to belong to a cult who believed in a spiritual resurrection and now are stuck on the idea even though you no longer believe?

It's really weird. An agnostic arguing like a cultist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      why are you, an agnostic, so obsessed with this view of yours? You refuse to accept what actual believers say on the topic, and instead insist on your nonsensical view and you are not even a believer. Why? Do you think if you can convince Christians of your spiritual resurrection idea that they will stop believing? Or perhaps you used to belong to a cult who believed in a spiritual resurrection and now are stuck on the idea even though you no longer believe?

It's really weird. An agnostic arguing like a cultist.
      The thread is entitled arguments for atheism and Christianity and the argument debunks the orthodox view Christianity. My own personal beliefs are irrelevant. Why don't you mind your own business instead of making this personal?

Comment

The thread is entitled arguments for atheism and Christianity and the argument debunks the orthodox view Christianity. My own personal beliefs are irrelevant. Why don't you mind your own business instead of making this personal?
        Why are your own personal beliefs irrelevant? Why are you being so defensive about this?
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Sparko always makes it personal. Ad hominems are his modus operandi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Awesome ad hominem argument you're making here.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

because I was commenting on your obsession, not just in this thread. In every thread you post in, it is the same thing, the same arguments, the same topic. You are a one trick pony. It is all you ever talk about. And it isn't working. You are not convincing anyone of your theory. Everyone has said you are wrong. You have been soundly refuted. Yet you persist.

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

No, only when the other person shows that they are nothing but a troll or a close-minded ignoramus that is not really worth wasting my time taking seriously. Like you.

Comment

because I was commenting on your obsession, not just in this thread. In every thread you post in, it is the same thing, the same arguments, the same topic. You are a one trick pony. It is all you ever talk about. And it isn't working. You are not convincing anyone of your theory. Everyone has said you are wrong. You have been soundly refuted. Yet you persist.
                  is no argument at all.

Comment

• If you discount every other encounter, yes. The bias in that position is blindingly obvious.
                    Your Trumpian-style argument, namely is no argument at all.
                    Of course it's not an argument. It's an observation. Please learn to tell the difference.
                    sigpic

Comment

... You have been soundly refuted. ...
                      Can you point me to some of the posts where this happened? Having read through the last few pages of this thread, all I see is Christians asserting he is wrong, but very little in the way of evidence to support that.
                      My Blog: http://oncreationism.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

No, only when the other person shows that they are nothing but a troll or a close-minded ignoramus that doesn't agree with my point of view is not really worth wasting my time taking seriously. Like you.
                        Fify

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Fify
                          On that score, you have no room to talk. Heck, you can't even seem to figure out that not all Trump supporters blindly support his every move! That would ruin the narrative in your head.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            On that score, you have no room to talk. Heck, you can't even seem to figure out that not all Trump supporters blindly support his every move! That would ruin the narrative in your head.
                            Well, I suppose the eyes of some of them are opening.

Comment

Exactly. There are bodies on earth and bodies that are in heaven - 1 Cor 15:40-44, 2 Cor 5:1-4. Paul does not say spiritual bodies will walk around the earth and be touched. No, Paul's conception of the Risen Jesus has him in heaven at the moment of his resurrection. This is why you're unable to find a passage where Paul gives any evidence of Jesus being experienced in a way that was not spiritual.
                              Paul does not say those who are resurrected bodily do not walk on earth either. But they will be on earth. First, for the 1000 year rule (Revelation 20:4-6). And after the judgment there will be a new heaven and earth. And only the resurrected saints/believers will be on earth.
                              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                If you discount every other encounter, yes. The bias in that position is blindingly obvious.
                                I'm glad you agree. The discussion is about the earliest literature not the decades later embellished accounts contained in the gospels and other late literature.

Comment