Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Plantinga Changed His Mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    Many birth defects are caused by mutation, and many mutations are caused by copying errors, yes. Why should such mutations be designed? Designing an error is incoherent.
    Are you different from your parents?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      Are you different from your parents?
      Genetically, yes.

Comment

Genetically, yes.
        And to what is that due?

Comment

Getting the facts straight would involve reading about the goings-on within the movement. Who reads the about section at YouTube? The video is about The Problem with TE, not Behe's and Dembski's foggy accommodation of evolution they've yet to coherently explain. What do you think it was about?
          Weak come back. Just admit when you're wrong about something and move on. Its not the end of the world.

Comment

And to what is that due?
            The gametes carrying one chromosome set each.

Comment

Originally posted by OingoBoingo View Post
              Weak come back. Just admit when you're wrong about something and move on. Its not the end of the world.
              You're not getting me. Is there any theistically significant dividing line between mutations and other factors that cause variance? I haven't heard that explained coherently.

Comment

You're not getting me. Is there any theistically significant dividing line between mutations and other factors that cause variance? I haven't heard that explained coherently.
                First, understand that mutations have different causes.

Comment

You're not getting it. I don't care. That has nothing to do with why I replied to your post #62, and you know it. Damn, you're as bad as shunyadragon.

Comment

First, understand that mutations have different causes.
                    Check. I'm listening.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                      Check. I'm listening.
                      Right, now please explain why there should be a cause for concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by OingoBoingo View Post
                        You're not getting it. I don't care. That has nothing to do with why I replied to your post #62, and you know it. Damn, you're as bad as shunyadragon.
                        Don't respond to the ID discussion then? I gather you want to participate.

Comment

Don't respond to the ID discussion then? I gather you want to participate.
                          I think its hilarious that every time I call you out, you ask me to stop posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                            Right, now please explain why there should be a cause for concern.
                            No coherent distinction between positive variance and variance that challenges survival. Weak genes are passed on as much as strong genes, or am I missing something?

I'm not Francis Collins, to be sure. I'll stand corrected if this is not a point.

Comment

No coherent distinction between positive variance and variance that challenges survival. Weak genes are passed on as much as strong genes, or am I missing something?
                              I really don't get what you're getting at. Is this supposed to be a problem with the biology or how it would fit in a Christian worldview?

Comment

• Originally posted by OingoBoingo View Post
                                I think its hilarious that every time I call you out, you ask me to stop posting.
                                On the contrary, I want you to participate. I've invited you to discuss this many times.

You called me out for not reading an about section that doesn't explain what the video is about. Watching the video is the best method for determining what it's about.

Comment