Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

They are not Christians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Two words.

Baghdad Bob.
    Ignore the evidence for buildings behind me
    nothing-to-see-here.gif
    That's really a tent

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• So this is basically eider's method of determining truth:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        So this is basically eider's method of determining truth:

I like Mythbusters -- even if Adam is a twit.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I like Mythbusters -- even if Adam is a twit.
          He's no Tory Belleci.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

But he keeps repeating himself so he probably thinks that's substantiation.
            It goes beyond substantiation. It's TRANSUBSTANTIATION!
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

So you have no evidence that they lived in tents, yet you reject archeological evidence that they lived in permanent dwellings? Can you explain that?
              Yes. The archeological evidence suggests one or two buildings from the 1st century. Now please show me your evidence that buildings were the general habitations in, say, 1 AD.
              Can you do that, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Yes. The archeological evidence suggests one or two buildings from the 1st century. Now please show me your evidence that buildings were the general habitations in, say, 1 AD.
                Can you do that, please?
                What is known from archaeological digs about first century Nazareth

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-a9470716.html
                The new archaeological investigation – the largest ever carried out into Roman period Nazareth – has revealed that Jesus’s hometown is likely to have been considerably bigger than previously thought. It probably had a population of up to 1,000 (rather than just being a small-to-medium sized village of 100-500, as previously thought).

The archaeological evidence suggests a fair sized population, significantly larger that would comprise a (by 20-21st century definition) hamlet - and perhaps as much as a good sized village.

https://bibleinterp.arizona.edu/arti...-first-century
                In general, archaeological evidence for the early first-century settlement contains nothing inconsistent with the presentation of Nazareth in the Gospels. If Nazareth were a Jewish village functioning as a center for surrounding agricultural communities and associated with craft-working and quarrying, then this was exactly the sort of place where one might expect there to be a synagogue, whether as a building or public assembly, like that mentioned in the Gospels of Matthew and Mark, and where one might find a τέκτων (tekton), a craftsman, a term used for Jesus and Joseph in the same Gospels.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/listen...gist-explains/
                There are geographical, environmental explanations for Nazareth being so small, she said. Nazareth was set in a small basin surrounded by hills and wasn’t very accessible. It did have a water supply from what is called today Mary’s Well, and there is evidence of some limited terraced agriculture, as well as pasture fields.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

It goes beyond substantiation. It's TRANSUBSTANTIATION!
                  Ba dum tss
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

So you admit you have no evidence in support of your cockamamie ideas, but stubbornly handwave off actual physical remains of buildings including houses that have been unearthed from that time.
                    Apparently his approach to archeology and history is the same as his approach to Biblical theology, where he arbitrarily discards any facts that don't support his position.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Can you do that, please?
                      You do realize that even "one or two buildings" having been discovered destroys that narrative that there were none, yes?
                      And, if "one or two buildings" have been discovered, there's a distinct possibility - heck, even probability - there are more.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You do realize that even "one or two buildings" having been discovered destroys that narrative that there were none, yes?
                        And, if "one or two buildings" have been discovered, there's a distinct possibility - heck, even probability - there are more.
                        However, investigating further would require demolishing currently occupied buildings, so this is about as much as we can get.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

However, investigating further would require demolishing currently occupied buildings, so this is about as much as we can get.
                          On our last trip to Israel, our tour guide was an Israeli woman who had been a Tank Commander Trainer in the Israeli Defense Forces - quite a fascinating young lady.
                          She was a 'secular Jew', but she did her due diligence on the New Testament, knowing that Christians would want to know Israel from a Christian perspective.

She had a keen interest in archeology, and would often point out "there was a public school being built right over there, but when they were excavating for the foundation, they found significant archeologic remains of another building, so they had to notify the Israeli Antiquities Authority, and that was 8 years ago, but they can't continue building until IAA gives them the go-ahead".

I can remember at least a half dozen such "interruptions" on our tour, some of which were both in Bethlehem and Nazareth.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There was a foundation from early first century known about 20 years ago.
                            So what are you talking about?

But one of two do not make a street of houses.
                            Nazareth was a busy place like all the opther hilltops around Sepphoris, once Antipas had commenced a restoration of the 7 acre city.

Comment

There was a foundation from early first century known about 20 years ago.
                              "a foundation"?

So what are you talking about?
                              I'd ask the same about your statement above.

But one of two do not make a street of houses.
                              Nazareth was a busy place like all the opther hilltops around Sepphoris, once Antipas had commenced a restoration of the 7 acre city.
                              You really are a very strange fellow.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

He's no Tory Belleci.

Tory will always have a place at roguetech lab and bait shop

He'd fit right in.

Comment