Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Are You A Good Man....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    Whether I attacked or defended them it would have nothing to do with you.
    And yet here you are butting yourself that has nothing to do with you so you can defend someone that has come out and said they are an advocate for allowing children to be killed. Are you circling the wagons because he's an atheist, a liberal, or pro choice? I sure wouldn't defend a Christian that came out in support of killing kids. Why are you defending an atheist that has?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      And yet here you are butting yourself that has nothing to do with you so you can defend someone that has come out and said they are an advocate for allowing children to be killed. Are you circling the wagons because he's an atheist, a liberal, or pro choice? I sure wouldn't defend a Christian that came out in support of killing kids. Why are you defending an atheist that has?
      I don't care what he advocates. You troll him about what he said over two years ago, over and over, and over again. You've probably derailed near a hundred threads about this. No matter what someone advocates, it's just deranged to follow someone around like you do. It's something you have a history of doing with other nontheists you hold grudges against, so it's not just him or this issue at all.
      Last edited by Sea of red; 03-31-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I don't care what he advocates. You troll him about what he said over two years ago, over and over, and over again. You've probably derailed near a hundred threads about this. No matter what someone advocates, it's just deranged to follow someone around like you do. It's something you have a history of doing with other nontheists you hold grudges against, so it's not just him or this issue at all.
        So if someone said, "Kill all blacks!" While calling others 'sociopaths' it becomes totally cool after they first said it years ago, even if they never changed their position, right?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So if someone said, "Kill all blacks!" While calling others 'sociopaths' it becomes totally cool after they first said it years ago, even if they never changed their position, right?
          Are you finished?

Comment

Are you finished?
            Your dodge is noted. So at what point in time does advocating for the death of others become totally cool? 2 years after the first comment was made I guess? Keep circling those wagons.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Not at all logical. Determining death is one thing, but determining life is totally unnecessary in the case of the unborn.
              Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Only to a bigot.
              No, according to the statistics most support for the pro-life stance comes from Religious groups, which suggests that religious beliefs play a role.

Comment

Your dodge is noted. So at what point in time does advocating for the death of others become totally cool? 2 years after the first comment was made I guess? Keep circling those wagons.
                You don't care about "the children" or any of the things he says. It's just an excuse for you to brutally troll him again and again. Hell, almost everyone agrees with you anyways, so it's not like that's the issue. You just can't stand that he doesn't care what you think, and so you're doing everything you know you can get away with to get his attention. You've done this same stuff to dozens of people. Even your friends have seen this pattern and called you out on it before.
                Last edited by Sea of red; 03-31-2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

You don't care about "the children" or any of the things he says. It's just an excuse for you to brutally troll him again and again. Hell, almost everyone agrees with you anyways, so it's not like that's the issue. You just can't stand that he doesn't care what you think, and so you're doing everything you know you can get away with to get his attention. You've done this same stuff to dozens of people. Even your friends have seen this pattern and called you out on it before.
                  I suggest you get a refund on your mind reading pills because you're wrong again, so let me lay on the reality you don't want to face. I find Starlight to be a complete and total psychopathic monster that has a rabid hatred of anyone who sees what he truly is. The guy advocates for the legal rights for moms to kill their own children and yet you make excuses for it because it doesn't matter as long as he hates the same people you hate. That's actually why I point out his moral failures every time he tries to preach about how evil the rest of us our. I don't care if the psychopath ignores me or not. As long as others can get a glimpse of the true evil he advocates for. If you want to keep circling those wagons and make child killing out to be no huge deal, go for it, but that just shows what I need to know about you and the lengths you'll go to to defend anyone who lost out they're an atheist on their post bit.
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-31-2017, 11:22 PM.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I suggest you get a refund on your mind reading pills because you're wrong again, so let me lay on the reality you don't want to face. I find Starlight to be a complete and total psychopathic monster that has a rabid hatred of anyone who sees what he truly is. The guy advocates for the legal rights for moms to kill their own children and yet you make excuses for it because it doesn't matter as long as he hates the same people you hate. That's actually why I point out his moral failures every time he tries to preach about how evil the rest of us our. I don't care if the psychopath ignores me or not. As long as others can get a glimpse of the true evil he advocates for. If you want to keep circling those wagons and make child killing out to be no huge deal, go for it, but that just shows what I need to know about you and the lengths you'll go to to defend anyone with an 'atheist, on their post bit.
                    I didn't defend him at all actually. I've talked to him a few times and we get a chuckle out of your hysterics, but I've made clear to him that I find his views extreme - go ask him. So you don't actually have a clue what you're talking about.

Comment

I didn't defend him at all actually. I've talked to him a few times and we get a chuckle out of your hysterics, but I've made clear to him that I find his views extreme - go ask him. So you don't actually have a clue what you're talking about.
                      Yep because advocating for the death of children is just extreme and anyone who makes it out to be anything more than that is just being hysterical. Done circling those wagons yet or do you keep going? After all, it's totally not a huge deal to advocate for treating an entire group of people as disposable cattle, right?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Why don't or can't you declare yourself morally perfect? What exactly prevents you from doing so?
                        I've already answered the question. Absence of any good reason prevents my making any such declaration. Maybe I would like to think I was morally perfect, but my wishing it were so is not a good reason for me to believe it is so.

Comment

Yep because advocating for the death of children is just extreme and anyone who makes it out to be anything more than that is just being hysterical. Done circling those wagons yet or do you keep going? After all, it's totally not a huge deal to advocate for treating an entire group of people as disposable cattle, right?
                          You want to know something?

Comment

You want to know something?
                            That you're just trying to score cheap points? Yeah I know.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That you're just trying to score cheap points? Yeah I know.
                              No, Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug Shaver View Post
                                I've already answered the question. Absence of any good reason prevents my making any such declaration. Maybe I would like to think I was morally perfect, but my wishing it were so is not a good reason for me to believe it is so.
                                That does not make sense to me - if we invent the reasons and standards.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment