Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

How to attack Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Secular Liberation View Post
    This just in.
    Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: DesertBerean

Argument by weblink.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Do you have a point to this ranting of yours? I've never cared for white supremacist and I'm pretty sure that the Bible says something about murdering people being wrong. Please explain, how are 'believers', who fail to follow the teachings of Christ, proof that all of Christianity is wrong? Is there anything, in atheism, that specifically condemns white supremacy or murdering your own children, beyond some atheist opinions that those actions are wrong?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Gerbil? I hate it when you and mom are fighting. Are you getting a divorce?
      The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        yeah right. http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...josh-gelernter - china has over 500,000 slaves. They call them "prisoners" and many of them are in there for political and religious reasons. China has a sockpuppet official Christian Church run by the government. Any other church is forbidden, even meeting in houses. If you are caught you get tossed into these slave labor camps and forced to work for no pay, beaten, tortured and treated like an animal. When you die they just toss you out and get a new bot. What a nice atheist government China has, you should move there and bask in the glory of science and progress without the shackles of religion. It's a real paradise.
        Sparko? I was exited to see how you refuted SL's post. Then I remembered it was SL.
        The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post

From your description here, I don't see how you describe China as "without the shackles of religion". Fascination with religion, particularly with its eradication, is its own sort of shackle.
          China is officially atheist, but does have some state-run churches to control the population. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6599722.html

and true, fascination with eradicating religion is a "shackle" too, which a lot of atheists on tweb are slave to. My comment was hyperbole, lighten up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trout View Post
            Sparko? I was exited to see how you refuted SL's post. Then I remembered it was SL.
            Like Rush Limbaugh says "with half my brain tied behind my back"

Comment

Like Rush Limbaugh says "with half my brain tied behind my back"
              .... just to make it fair!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

look I already said you can believe what you want, with or without evidence. but if you are presenting something on topic with this thread on a good method to attack christianity, then you have the burden of proof or you wont convince anyone. you need contemporary historical documents that back up your theory.
                Wow! Hasn't this thread been busy!
                Now..... Let's see........
                So I can believe what I want, yeah?
                Well, apart from the fact that the Prefect did not want Jesus condemned, (bible), and had chats with JofA before Jesus was taken down, and despite the fact that Jesus was not finished off by the usual technique, and despite the fact that Jesus was left unattended for a very very long time in that tomb (all bible) we have all sorts of other tales to add to the strong possibility that J never died that week.
                He was seen again on Galilee.
                The people of Kashmir claim that he reached their land, loved there, died there, was buried there.
                The people of Cornwall have a delightful legend that Joseph pf A used to visit there and trade for tin etc, and that he brought Jesus there. That sound wild until you learn that Sidon and other Phoenician ports often traded with Cornwall.
                You could google all this....oh, sorry, I forgot that you dismiss one of the most amazing educational apps ever invented.... Just ask about, ok?

And so Jesus's resurrection might be the strongest point of attack on Christianity.... Might be....
                But this thread might have done better to ask, 'what is the best Christian defence?' ..... That might have taught you more?
                😏

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  .... just to make it fair!
                  With Rush Limbaugh it is a permanent handicap.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post
                    Wow! Hasn't this thread been busy!
                    Now..... Let's see........
                    So I can believe what I want, yeah?
                    Well, apart from the fact that the Prefect did not want Jesus condemned, (bible), and had chats with JofA before Jesus was taken down, and despite the fact that Jesus was not finished off by the usual technique, and despite the fact that Jesus was left unattended for a very very long time in that tomb (all bible) we have all sorts of other tales to add to the strong possibility that J never died that week.
                    He was seen again on Galilee.
                    The people of Kashmir claim that he reached their land, loved there, died there, was buried there.
                    The people of Cornwall have a delightful legend that Joseph pf A used to visit there and trade for tin etc, and that he brought Jesus there. That sound wild until you learn that Sidon and other Phoenician ports often traded with Cornwall.
                    You could google all this....oh, sorry, I forgot that you dismiss one of the most amazing educational apps ever invented.... Just ask about, ok?

And so Jesus's resurrection might be the strongest point of attack on Christianity.... Might be....
                    But this thread might have done better to ask, 'what is the best Christian defence?' ..... That might have taught you more?
                    😏
                    so you now have rumors in addtion to your imagination. I guess that counts as a step up. But you still will not convince anyone with that. As a way to attack Christianity, your theory rates a -4 on scale of 1 to 10.

Comment

• Weird scale....
                      Millions of folks, Kashmir Indians, Muslims, Atheists, Agnostics plus countless others are not at all sure that Jesus was resurrected, and I'm not even sure that it was him who was executed that week.
                      And I don't know many Christians who are certain about all that....after all, most just have faith in all of it.
                      There's the weakest point, Imo.
                      So what one group of Christians thinks or does, or any one prejudice here or there is of little impact compared to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post
                        Weird scale....
                        Millions of folks, Kashmir Indians, Muslims, Atheists, Agnostics plus countless others are not at all sure that Jesus was resurrected, and I'm not even sure that it was him who was executed that week.
                        And I don't know many Christians who are certain about all that....after all, most just have faith in all of it.
                        There's the weakest point, Imo.
                        So what one group of Christians thinks or does, or any one prejudice here or there is of little impact compared to that.
                        Argumentum ad populem? really?

Comment