Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus have sexual desires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Are you saying that you only have platonic relationships and think romantic relationships would be inherently sinful?
    No, I am saying that attraction is not inherently sexual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      friendship. Shared interests. But there is no "attraction" to them as I was using the word. I am speaking of sexual attraction and you know it. There is a desire in you for the opposite sex. You are attracted to women and when you see one that fits your idea of beauty or other criteria, you want to get to know her, to date her, maybe even eventually to marry her if you fall in love. Or you can feel that attraction and decide "no, I am not ready for a relationship, so I will be celibate and not seek out a girlfriend"

And that drive, that attraction is different from what you feel for your male friends. Because it is a SEXUAL drive.

At this point you are evading and dodging pretty consistently, and trying to deflect everything back at me that I bring up to get you to see what I am saying. That pretty much tells me that you know you are wrong but won't admit it. Thanks for playing.
      You are merely begging the question. Not everyone only appreciates women for what they can offer sexually. In fact, as C.S. Lewis wrote, most men in love are not thinking of sex at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
        No, I am saying that attraction is not inherently sexual.
        it is when it drives you to seek out the opposite sex for a relationship instead of the same sex. It explains why you like women instead of men. You are attracted to women sexually. It doesn't mean you are some horny goat trying to have sex. It doesn't mean you have lust for every woman you see or even a particular one. It means your mind and body are attracted to the opposite sex in a sexual manner.
        Last edited by Sparko; 05-17-2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

You are merely begging the question. Not everyone only appreciates women for what they can offer sexually. In fact, as C.S. Lewis wrote, most men in love are not thinking of sex at all.
          So you only seek out women for platonic relationships? And any man who is attracted to women for a possible romantic relationship is sinning?

You prove with every dodge that you know you are wrong. Just admit it already.

Comment

So you only seek out women for platonic relationships? And any man who is attracted to women for a possible romantic relationship is sinning?

You prove with every dodge that you know you are wrong. Just admit it already.
            And you prove with every begged question that your idea of "romance" is doing the horizontal tango. (I know, how crass).

Comment

And you prove with every begged question that your idea of "romance" is doing the horizontal tango. (I know, how crass).
              do you even know what a begged question IS?

My job is done here. Your ad homs and deflections show you do not have an answer and yet do not want to admit you are wrong. So you are acting like a child.

If that is what you want then: "neener, neener. you lose, you loser!"

Comment

My job is done here. Your ad homs and deflections show you do not have an answer and yet do not want to admit you are wrong. So you are acting like a child.

Darfius is begging the question that sex is evulllll!!!!
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

What did I deflect? And for clarity's sake, the question you are begging is that romance can be equated with sex.

Comment

What did I deflect? And for clarity's sake, the question you are begging is that romance can be equated with sex.
                    OK you seem really "retarded" when it comes to sex or romance. I don't mean "stupid" I mean "held back, naive, uneducated" and I am wasting my time with you. I have explained myself clearly and everyone reading this thread understands what I said, and actually agrees with me. So I am not going to bother with your nonsense any longer if you won't deal with the issue in an adult manner and even attempt to understand what others including me have been saying. Not. Worth. My. Time. buh-bye.

Comment

OK you seem really "retarded" when it comes to sex or romance. I don't mean "stupid" I mean "held back, naive, uneducated" and I am wasting my time with you. I have explained myself clearly and everyone reading this thread understands what I said, and actually agrees with me. So I am not going to bother with your nonsense any longer if you won't deal with the issue in an adult manner and even attempt to understand what others including me have been saying. Not. Worth. My. Time. buh-bye.
                      "Everyone agrees with me" being your measure of truth validates my claims about the atmosphere here pretty splendidly. Just a reminder, you are supposed to try and become like Jesus, not make Him more like you to feel better about being Edited by a Moderator Carry on.
                      Last edited by KingsGambit; 05-18-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

"Everyone agrees with me" being your measure of truth validates my claims about the atmosphere here pretty splendidly. Just a reminder, you are supposed to try and become like Jesus, not make Him more like you to feel better about being Edited by a Moderator Carry on.
                        wow
                        Last edited by KingsGambit; 05-18-2016, 06:47 PM.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                          I am choosing to be amused.
                          I'm waiting for more of Darfius' fan fiction. I heard he's making the trilogy into a quadrilogy, by having a stand-alone storyline set in the same universe, but in the future. Apparently, it's going to be a Rom-Com featuring Mel Gibson as the cop from Lethal Weapon, and the T-Rex from Jurassic Park. Danny Glover's character gets killed off halfway through the movie by an evil Chinese warlord played by Jackie Chan who bicycle kicks Danny Glover. However, he kicks him so fast that every time he tries to say his signature 'I'm getting too old for this...' line, he can't finish it, until finally, with the last kick, he completes it and dies. They had some problems getting the movie done, though, since the script has the T-Rex in a lovely polka-dot frock and lipstick, and they're not accustomed to that in the wild, and every time the T-Rex handlers tried putting the lipstick on, the T-Rex would go wild and several arms were eaten. Luckily they signed their waivers beforehand.
                          My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• The only thing that Darfius has proven is that he knows nothing about sex, romance or attraction in humans. And he's definitely single.
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                              The only thing that Darfius has proven is that he knows nothing about sex, romance or attraction in humans. And he's definitely single.
                              And immature.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                                The only thing that Darfius has proven is that he knows nothing about sex, romance or attraction in humans. And he's definitely single.
                                The more concerning thing, I think, is how he's basically denying the human nature of Christ as, in orthodox theology and belief, Christ had two natures, a divine nature and a human nature. Humans experience desires, even sexual ones. The Bible is quite clear that Jesus experienced temptation. He just didn't give into it.
                                My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X