D'Souza and Wommack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Souza and Wommack

While I've not seen actual evidence to support the Heresy Hunters' claims that Andrew is "apostate" or a "heretic," I would not be inclined to recommend his ministry.

Accordingly, I'm not thrilled with Dinesh giving the keynote speech at an event sponsored by his ministry.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

More and more I am learning that not any one man, ministry or denomination interprets the Bible perfectly. Heresy Hunters' included!

There are many gifted preachers and teachers of the gospel, from the Baptists to the Pentecostals. From Dr Charles Stanley who has recently died, to Andrew Wommack whose teaching on spirit, soul and body has been invaluable in my understanding of the new creation we become when we are born again.

Just because I do not believe in the pre-tribulation rapture for example, does not take away anything from Dr David Jeremiah (who teaches about a pre-tribulation rapture) who is a firm favourite and a very dear and wonderful pastor.

Comment

There rarely should be any compelling reason for an evangelist to feature someone whose calling is as a political pundit without much regard for religion. There may be some edge cases (Dr. Michael Brown operates in both worlds), but D'Souza isn't one of them.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        There rarely should be any compelling reason for an evangelist to feature someone whose calling is as a political pundit without much regard for religion. There may be some edge cases (Dr. Michael Brown operates in both worlds), but D'Souza isn't one of them.
        Actually he is. His Facebook and Rumble postings feature at least as much religious content as political. This came as a surprise to me at first, but after "following" him for a few years, I'm quite accustomed to it.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

As I have been thinking about this, I'm not sure there should be such a group as Heresy Hunters. Pastors and teachers should be on watch for heresy and call it out when it occurs. I just don't see this as a mission that anyone or group should have. To me, it seems to easy to descend into legalism, Phariseeism, or just be found opposing God.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            As I have been thinking about this, I'm not sure there should be such a group as Heresy Hunters. Pastors and teachers should be on watch for heresy and call it out when it occurs. I just don't see this as a mission that anyone or group should have. To me, it seems to easy to descend into legalism, Phariseeism, or just be found opposing God.
            Now that you mention it, the name does have an "Inquisitionesque" vibe to it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              While I've not seen actual evidence to support the Heresy Hunters' claims that Andrew is "apostate" or a "heretic," I would not be inclined to recommend his ministry.
              What are the claims? "Apostate" seems wholly improper given a quick glance at the link you provided. A quick google of "heresy hunters" reveals that negative opinions of them prevail.

Why wouldn't you recommend his ministry?
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                What are the claims? "Apostate" seems wholly improper given a quick glance at the link you provided. A quick google of "heresy hunters" reveals that negative opinions of them prevail.

Why wouldn't you recommend his ministry?
                He's a Word-Faith guy. I don't automatically consider such people heretics or apostate, but I consider much of their teaching aberrant and unhealthy.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Now that you mention it, the name does have an "Inquisitionesque" vibe to it.
                  None of them choose that term for themselves. I used to avoid it, but it has recently become apparent to me that way more people than I'd ever expected have ministries primarily if not exclusively devoted to pointing out "errors," and too often characterizing them as heretical.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

He's a Word-Faith guy. I don't automatically consider such people heretics or apostate, but I consider much of their teaching aberrant and unhealthy.
                    Agreed.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

None of them choose that term for themselves. I used to avoid it, but it has recently become apparent to me that way more people than I'd ever expected have ministries primarily if not exclusively devoted to pointing out "errors," and too often characterizing them as heretical.
                      When they start talking about how Christians are "little gods" I think they clearly cross over.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I agree. With live in the age of the critic. For me, a heretic need to subscribe to one of the historical heresies like Adoptionism, Arianism, Manicheanism, etc. Under this standard, I would put Word-Faith in the errant teaching category. Too many times, I see a non-essential of belief pushed up to be an essential and then those who disagree with that interpretation are declared heretic.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment