Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining "Christian" or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pop preachers and their heretical beliefs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

If I don't see squirrels that's proof they may be there?
    In your case, yes.

You are under 24/7 surveillance.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Say it with me... If you saw a squirrel, it is NOT A Ninja Squirrel Assassin.

One of the first skills one masters is Xiitchett chiik Txchiwt ti (Invisibility in Plain Sight).

It's a core skill for the Followers of the Acorn
    If I don't see squirrels that's proof they may be there?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Such a scholar. Or Squirrelar as it may be.
    He loves squirrel lore.

He's certainly full of it.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Occam's Razor. If you see one then it ain't one.

Only a miniscule number of squirrels are NSA. The rest aren't.

ETA: Master Po informed me that while Xiitchett chiik Txchixt ti means Invisibility in Plain Sight, it comes from the Old Squireleze: Xiitchx chixt Txchit "there but not there"

He's a stickler about this stuff.
    Such a scholar. Or Squirrelar as it may be.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Meh. Apparently when you have bird feeders out that the ninjas can access, their skills go right out the window.
    Occam's Razor. If you see one then it ain't one.

Only a miniscule number of squirrels are NSA. The rest aren't.

ETA: Master Po informed me that while Xiitchett chiik Txchixt ti means Invisibility in Plain Sight, it comes from the Old Squireleze: Xiitchx chixt Txchit "there but not there"

He's a stickler about this stuff.
    Last edited by rogue06; 08-07-2023, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

One of the first skills one masters is Xiitchett chiik Txchiwt ti (Invisibility in Plain Sight).

Meh. Apparently when you have bird feeders out that the ninjas can access, their skills go right out the window.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

You need to send some to my daughter's yard. She spent quite a while watching our resident ninja yesterday when my girls and s-i-l were visiting us.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    The awesomesauce that is the NSA makes folks want to glom onto them -- even to the extent of trying to take credit for them.

Their history stretches back through the centuries. Only mossy is old enough to have been around when the various clans met and formed the NSA.
    You need to send some to my daughter's yard. She spent quite a while watching our resident ninja yesterday when my girls and s-i-l were visiting us.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    So this is how the ninja squirrel assassins came about -- this guy speaks them into existence (or at least claims to).

And the guy's last name befits him well.
    The awesomesauce that is the NSA makes folks want to glom onto them -- even to the extent of trying to take credit for them.

Their history stretches back through the centuries. Only mossy is old enough to have been around when the various clans met and formed the NSA.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    https://protestia.com/2023/07/31/chu...5fFTpFJ-QekFkM

Churches Exegeting…. ‘Barbie’ Film.. For Summer Sermon Series

Summertime is ‘Church at the movies’ time for many seeker-sensitive and biblically illiterate churches, and the usual blockbuster films are prime pickings: Mission Impossible, Transformers, Super Mario, and even the newest ‘Barbie’ film. These PG and PG-13 films are all ripe for industrious pastors to pluck ‘life lessons’ out of and to uncover the ‘spiritual truths’ out of Bowser singing ‘Peaches’ or Optimus Prime ‘transforming’ into a new creation.

This is where churches decorate the entire building (or at least the lobby and sanctuary) with movie-themed accouterments, hand out popcorn and drinks, and in the case of Barbie week, ask congregants to come to church dressed in pink, where if they wish, they can do a Barbie-themed photoshoot.

And of course, the requisite sermons. Unfortunately many of the churches will not stream them as they use so much copyright material with the video clips they show, but inevitably some get through.

Photos and video in the link.
    picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ReformedApologist
    replied
    Casey Treat-Word of Faith/Prosperity Preacher

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    So this is how the ninja assassin squirrels came about -- this guy speaks them into existence (or at least claims to).

Leave a comment:

• The Melody Maker
    replied
    So this is how the ninja squirrel assassins came about -- this guy speaks them into existence (or at least claims to).

Last edited by The Melody Maker; 08-04-2023, 10:55 PM. Reason: Biffed the full version of NSA and had to fix it for me.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post

On the face of it, that runs counter to the concept of Theosis.
    "Was broken and would still be broken but for God's intervention" seems to align more closely with the concept.

cf 1Corinthians 6:11 (among others)
    Not really. The closer one is to the light, the more clearly flaws are seen. This is not to say that their flaws would seem awful to anyone else, but it's how they perceive themselves, out of humility if nothing else. Even holy people are still human, and can fall prey to temptations.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    https://protestia.com/2023/07/31/chu...5fFTpFJ-QekFkM

Churches Exegeting…. ‘Barbie’ Film.. For Summer Sermon Series

Summertime is ‘Church at the movies’ time for many seeker-sensitive and biblically illiterate churches, and the usual blockbuster films are prime pickings: Mission Impossible, Transformers, Super Mario, and even the newest ‘Barbie’ film. These PG and PG-13 films are all ripe for industrious pastors to pluck ‘life lessons’ out of and to uncover the ‘spiritual truths’ out of Bowser singing ‘Peaches’ or Optimus Prime ‘transforming’ into a new creation.

This is where churches decorate the entire building (or at least the lobby and sanctuary) with movie-themed accouterments, hand out popcorn and drinks, and in the case of Barbie week, ask congregants to come to church dressed in pink, where if they wish, they can do a Barbie-themed photoshoot.

And of course, the requisite sermons. Unfortunately many of the churches will not stream them as they use so much copyright material with the video clips they show, but inevitably some get through.

Photos and video in the link.

Leave a comment: