X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://protestia.com/2023/07/31/chu...5fFTpFJ-QekFkM

Churches Exegeting…. ‘Barbie’ Film.. For Summer Sermon Series

Summertime is ‘Church at the movies’ time for many seeker-sensitive and biblically illiterate churches, and the usual blockbuster films are prime pickings: Mission Impossible, Transformers, Super Mario, and even the newest ‘Barbie’ film. These PG and PG-13 films are all ripe for industrious pastors to pluck ‘life lessons’ out of and to uncover the ‘spiritual truths’ out of Bowser singing ‘Peaches’ or Optimus Prime ‘transforming’ into a new creation.

This is where churches decorate the entire building (or at least the lobby and sanctuary) with movie-themed accouterments, hand out popcorn and drinks, and in the case of Barbie week, ask congregants to come to church dressed in pink, where if they wish, they can do a Barbie-themed photoshoot.

And of course, the requisite sermons. Unfortunately many of the churches will not stream them as they use so much copyright material with the video clips they show, but inevitably some get through.

Photos and video in the link.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

On the face of it, that runs counter to the concept of Theosis.
      "Was broken and would still be broken but for God's intervention" seems to align more closely with the concept.

cf 1Corinthians 6:11 (among others)
      Not really. The closer one is to the light, the more clearly flaws are seen. This is not to say that their flaws would seem awful to anyone else, but it's how they perceive themselves, out of humility if nothing else. Even holy people are still human, and can fall prey to temptations.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• So this is how the ninja squirrel assassins came about -- this guy speaks them into existence (or at least claims to).

And the guy's last name befits him well.
        Last edited by The Melody Maker; 08-04-2023, 10:55 PM. Reason: Biffed the full version of NSA and had to fix it for me.
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
          So this is how the ninja assassin squirrels came about -- this guy speaks them into existence (or at least claims to).

Comment

• Casey Treat-Word of Faith/Prosperity Preacher

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              https://protestia.com/2023/07/31/chu...5fFTpFJ-QekFkM

Churches Exegeting…. ‘Barbie’ Film.. For Summer Sermon Series

Summertime is ‘Church at the movies’ time for many seeker-sensitive and biblically illiterate churches, and the usual blockbuster films are prime pickings: Mission Impossible, Transformers, Super Mario, and even the newest ‘Barbie’ film. These PG and PG-13 films are all ripe for industrious pastors to pluck ‘life lessons’ out of and to uncover the ‘spiritual truths’ out of Bowser singing ‘Peaches’ or Optimus Prime ‘transforming’ into a new creation.

This is where churches decorate the entire building (or at least the lobby and sanctuary) with movie-themed accouterments, hand out popcorn and drinks, and in the case of Barbie week, ask congregants to come to church dressed in pink, where if they wish, they can do a Barbie-themed photoshoot.

And of course, the requisite sermons. Unfortunately many of the churches will not stream them as they use so much copyright material with the video clips they show, but inevitably some get through.

Photos and video in the link.
              picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                So this is how the ninja squirrel assassins came about -- this guy speaks them into existence (or at least claims to).

The awesomesauce that is the NSA makes folks want to glom onto them -- even to the extent of trying to take credit for them.

Their history stretches back through the centuries. Only mossy is old enough to have been around when the various clans met and formed the NSA.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The awesomesauce that is the NSA makes folks want to glom onto them -- even to the extent of trying to take credit for them.

Their history stretches back through the centuries. Only mossy is old enough to have been around when the various clans met and formed the NSA.
                  You need to send some to my daughter's yard. She spent quite a while watching our resident ninja yesterday when my girls and s-i-l were visiting us.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You need to send some to my daughter's yard. She spent quite a while watching our resident ninja yesterday when my girls and s-i-l were visiting us.

Say it with me... If you saw a squirrel, it is NOT A Ninja Squirrel Assassin.

One of the first skills one masters is Xiitchett chiik Txchiwt ti (Invisibility in Plain Sight).

It's a core skill for the Followers of the Acorn

Comment

One of the first skills one masters is Xiitchett chiik Txchiwt ti (Invisibility in Plain Sight).

Meh. Apparently when you have bird feeders out that the ninjas can access, their skills go right out the window.

Comment

Meh. Apparently when you have bird feeders out that the ninjas can access, their skills go right out the window.
                        Occam's Razor. If you see one then it ain't one.

Only a miniscule number of squirrels are NSA. The rest aren't.

ETA: Master Po informed me that while Xiitchett chiik Txchixt ti means Invisibility in Plain Sight, it comes from the Old Squireleze: Xiitchx chixt Txchit "there but not there"

He's a stickler about this stuff.
                        Last edited by rogue06; 08-07-2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Occam's Razor. If you see one then it ain't one.

Only a miniscule number of squirrels are NSA. The rest aren't.

ETA: Master Po informed me that while Xiitchett chiik Txchixt ti means Invisibility in Plain Sight, it comes from the Old Squireleze: Xiitchx chixt Txchit "there but not there"

He's a stickler about this stuff.
                          Such a scholar. Or Squirrelar as it may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Such a scholar. Or Squirrelar as it may be.
                            He loves squirrel lore.

He's certainly full of it.

Comment

If I don't see squirrels that's proof they may be there?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

If I don't see squirrels that's proof they may be there?
                                In your case, yes.

You are under 24/7 surveillance.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X