This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

John was solid, but as his demise was somewhat sudden, I think Dodie (his wife) went into panic mode that she was about to lose her (yes, "her") kingdom, and rushed in to try to get one of her own sons to take over. She first tried to talk an older son (either a doctor or a dentist, IIRC) to take over, but nobody else wanted it. Hence, the youngest son, Joel, became heir apparent, then heir to the throne.
    And he obviously has no idea how to be a teacher of the gospel.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

And he obviously has no idea how to be a teacher of the gospel.
      He would have done better as a stand-up comic. He has very little training in theology, attended Oral Roberts University (that explains a lot, eh?) but never graduated. In fact, he's a high school graduate, and was the video production guy at his father's church. Interestingly enough, his father kept encourage his Joel to preach, which he finally did, and John died of a heart attack 6 days later.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He would have done better as a stand-up comic. He has very little training in theology, attended Oral Roberts University (that explains a lot, eh?) but never graduated. In fact, he's a high school graduate, and was the video production guy at his father's church. Interestingly enough, his father kept encourage his Joel to preach, which he finally did, and John died of a heart attack 6 days later.
        John probably died of shock.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

John probably died of shock.
          That was my thought --- as Sunday was approaching, and his son had "preached" the prior Sunday, it was just too much.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This just in. And please do not call Jesse Duplantis an “evangelical” preacher.

http://ow.ly/FlIG50GgAxR?fbclid=IwAR...rqL3RpC0vWRcbY

Evangelical pastor claims that the reason Jesus hasn’t returned is because people aren’t donating enough money

If we want Jesus to come back, then apparently we’ll have to dig deep into our pockets, according to right-wing evangelical pastor Jesse Duplantis.

During a recent four-day, live TV event Victorython on the Victory channel, Duplantis made the bizarre claim that people aren’t donating to their churches generously enough, and this is the reason why Jesus has not yet made a reappearance.

“I honestly believe this — the reason why Jesus hasn’t come is because people are not giving the way God told them to give,” he said, “when you understand this, you can speed up the time.”

Who knew, the son of God was so money motivated?

There's a video of him saying this crap in the link, but I can’t seem to isolate it and post it here.
            If you can lift it from Facebook a slightly longer version is here: https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...31375217168392

Some time Tweb has let me videos post from Facebook, other times it hasn't. Lately it hasn't. ETA: Oops, My bad this is on Twitter.

Newsweek also has the story but from their coverage the donations might have been in reference to money for Ida relief.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

If you can lift it from Facebook a slightly longer version is here: https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...31375217168392

Some time Tweb has let me videos post from Facebook, other times it hasn't. Lately it hasn't. ETA: Oops, My bad this is on Twitter.

Newsweek also has the story but from their coverage the donations might have been in reference to money for Ida relief.
              Doesn't matter what the donations are for. The idea that, number 1, we can cause the Lord to return more quickly by giving more money is ridiculous. And, number 2, please see number 1.

Comment

Doesn't matter what the donations are for. The idea that, number 1, we can cause the Lord to return more quickly by giving more money is ridiculous. And, number 2, please see number 1.
                But him saying such blasphemous things and being a greedy money grubber might cause Jesus to call him "home" sooner. And "home" might need some serious air conditioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

But him saying such blasphemous things and being a greedy money grubber might cause Jesus to call him "home" sooner. And "home" might need some serious air conditioning.
                  I liked your remark on FB.

Comment

You misunderstand. I'm not saying that it depends on the reason, but rather adding possible context.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      You misunderstand. I'm not saying that it depends on the reason, but rather adding possible context.
                      I didn't misunderstand, dear friend. And the context is fine. I am leery of anything that comes out of Duplantis' mouth, however.

Comment

I didn't misunderstand, dear friend. And the context is fine. I am leery of anything that comes out of Duplantis' mouth, however.

The man with the rubber face.

Comment

• Seriously, the first time I saw him on TV, I thought somebody was doing a bad parody of a televangelist.

Comment

Seriously, the first time I saw him on TV, I thought somebody was doing a bad parody of a televangelist.
                            Yuh!

Comment

• Did you ever see Ernest Angely?

ernest 1.jpgernest 2.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Did you ever see Ernest Angely?

ernest 1.jpgernest 2.jpg
                                No. Thankfully.

My introduction to televangelists was in the mid-80's. I had had a car accident the previous day......I was stopped at a stop sign behind a gravel truck with a pup, and it was making a right turn. As it started to pull around the corner and I started to creep up the stop sign, the truck driver decided he didn't want to turn right, he wanted to go straight ahead instead, so he backed up into me.

I laid on the horn, was trying to undo my seatbelt and get out of the car, as well as trying to reverse. There was a car behind me, and I bumped it as I backed up. All I could see was this massive thing getting closer and bigger, and it hit me and smushed the entire front of my little Bobcat. He didn't feel a thing, and proceeded through the intersection. I had to run across the street and go tell him he was involved in a hit and run.

There were people on the corner watching, people in the car behind me, and, I learned later, a police car behind that car. I had wondered how the police got there so quickly! No cell phones in those days.

Anyway the gravel truck company settled, and I had to get another car. Nobody was hurt, but I was pretty shook up. Couldn't sleep that night much, so after Mr. mossy went to work the next morning and the kids were still in bed, I was down in the family room with the tv on.

Well, Robert Tilton was featured on whatever channel I was watching, and a more smarmy individual I had never seen before. He was offering little squares of cloth that he had "blessed" and he would send one to everyone who donated to his "ministry" and the cloth would heal you from all your physical ailments.

Needless to say, that's all I needed in order to be able to figure out that these folks were charlatans and liars, and I've been trying to point out the truth about them to folks ever since.

Comment