Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

The Corrupted Wish Game - reborn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granted, but you cough while expressing your wish, and it comes out as 'I wish for no bacon', denying you access to its crispy goodness for the rest of your life.

I wish I was more organized.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
      Granted, but you cough while expressing your wish, and it comes out as 'I wish for no bacon', denying you access to its crispy goodness for the rest of your life.

I wish I was more organized.
      Granted. You turn into a file folder.

I wish I never made that previous wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Granted. You turn into a file folder.

I wish I never made that previous wish.
        Granted. You instead wished that any alcohol you drink turns to water the moment it passes your lips.

I wish Sparko had never started this thread.
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          Granted. You instead wished that any alcohol you drink turns to water the moment it passes your lips.

I wish Sparko had never started this thread.
          Granted, but you have now caused a time paradox by which you have become Sparko and Sparko has become you.

I wish the ground I have to dig up tomorrow wasn't so hard.
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
            Granted, but you have now caused a time paradox by which you have become Sparko and Sparko has become you.

I wish the ground I have to dig up tomorrow wasn't so hard.
            Granted, but it is now like quicksand and you sink in up to your nose.

I wish I had a better job.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Granted, but it is now like quicksand and you sink in up to your nose.

I wish I had a better job.
              Granted, but a competitor to the job hires a rogue Ninja Squirrel Assassin who whacks you after only an hour on the job.

I wish I was out of the quicksand

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Granted, but a competitor to the job hires a rogue Ninja Squirrel Assassin who whacks you after only an hour on the job.

I wish I was out of the quicksand
                Granted, but you're now standing in a tar pit.

I wish all of New Zealand's sheep turned into gold.

Comment

Granted, but you're now standing in a tar pit.

I wish all of New Zealand's sheep turned into gold.
                  Now gold is worthless. (that was easy)

I wish I had super speed!
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    Now gold is worthless. (that was easy)

I wish I had super speed!
                    (Precisely, and New Zealand's economy is ruined! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Step 1 of my evil plan is complete!)

Granted, but your sense of perception speeds up to match: the rest of life is now unbearably slow.

I wish I could read more quickly.

Comment

(Precisely, and New Zealand's economy is ruined! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Step 1 of my evil plan is complete!)<--- meh, Dairy is our big money earner.

I wish I could read more quickly.
                      Granted, but you can only read Women's Agony Aunty columns.

I wish that there were pizza trees.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Granted, but they only grow at the North and South Poles.

I wish that all of the gold in the world turned into sheep.

Comment

Granted, but now you are deathly allergic to even the smell of pizza.

I wish none of my wishes could be corrupted

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Granted, but they only grow at the North and South Poles.

I wish that all of the gold in the world turned into sheep.
                            Granted, now all the electronics in the world have been destroyed, and there are massive earthquakes and tidal waves all over the world as every trace of gold in the ground and sea is transformed into sheep, drowning everyone on earth in a 100 km deep layer of soggy wool.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Granted, but now you are deathly allergic to even the smell of pizza.

I wish none of my wishes could be corrupted
                            Granted, you now can't make any wishes.

I wish we could successfully evangelize our village.
                            --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Granted, but you can't eat anything, or the perfection will be ruined.

Size Zero, here I come!!!

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
                              Granted, now all the electronics in the world have been destroyed, and there are massive earthquakes and tidal waves all over the world as every trace of gold in the ground and sea is transformed into sheep, drowning everyone on earth in a 100 km deep layer of soggy wool.

Granted, you now can't make any wishes.

I wish we could successfully evangelize our village.
                              Granted, now they all worship Odin.

I wish I had a real, live, normal pony!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                I wish I had a real, live, normal pony!
                                Granted, but if you look this gift horse in the mouth, your perfect teeth will look like the horse's instead.

I wish that people couldn't be admitted to college unless they know the difference between citing a source and sighting one.

Comment