Bumperstickers and Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumperstickers and Decals

I don't get them. You occasionally find one that's somewhat clever. Most of the time it's something trite. Half the time these days they're just acronyms with ovals around them. That or the "look what weird way I have to show all the members of my family" stickers. The ones I find particularly sad are the 'vote for XX' from election cycles years past. Those I really don't get. You know that sticker is only good for a few months, right? After that you just look like a moron, especially if your sticker is for the losing side.

Then you have the ones talking about how nice/smart/clever/more-valuable-than-a-human-being your dog is.

It seems Oregon is worse than anywhere else I've been, too. I frequently see cars plastered with them. I've seen more than one that had several(!) stickers from Dutch Bros.*, the local coffee chain. People take their coffee way too seriously here, but that's a new level of crazy.

Do you have them? Why? Why do that to your car?

*Side rant: Most people I talk to don't seem to know that 'Bros.' is an abbreviation for 'brothers'. They literally just say bros.
    I'm not here anymore.

MGFB194_2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      I don't get them. You occasionally find one that's somewhat clever. Most of the time it's something trite. Half the time these days they're just acronyms with ovals around them. That or the "look what weird way I have to show all the members of my family" stickers. The ones I find particularly sad are the 'vote for XX' from election cycles years past. Those I really don't get. You know that sticker is only good for a few months, right? After that you just look like a moron, especially if your sticker is for the losing side.

Then you have the ones talking about how nice/smart/clever/more-valuable-than-a-human-being your dog is.

It seems Oregon is worse than anywhere else I've been, too. I frequently see cars plastered with them. I've seen more than one that had several(!) stickers from Dutch Bros.*, the local coffee chain. People take their coffee way too seriously here, but that's a new level of crazy.

*Side rant: Most people I talk to don't seem to know that 'Bros.' is an abbreviation for 'brothers'. They literally just say bros.
      I've seen bumper stickers being used to hold rusted out bumpers together.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

powered_by_bacon_bumper_sticker-r49d44d1069124adc90d14c5fdb88d814_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I've seen bumper stickers being used to hold rusted out bumpers together.
          Baling wire, duct tape, JB weld. I guess we should add bumper stickers to the list.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15207[/ATTACH]
            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15208[/ATTACH]
            I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're one of those people.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're one of those people.

My posts have a bumper sticker!

Comment

People take their coffee way too seriously here, but that's a new level of crazy.
                How can you take coffee too seriously?

My bumper is not rusting away.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

There was a company trying to scam us out of money by giving us a bumper sticker for "The National Society of High School Scholars" where they make you pay to be a member. They supposedly offer "scholarship services" and other consulting stuff for college, you know... things you can do without the $ 60 membership fee. Every time I see one on a car, I say "Your kid may be a scholar, but you got duped..."
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    How can you take coffee too seriously?
                    I know several people with apps on their phone that tell them where the nearest Starbucks is. That's well past addiction level.

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    My bumper is not rusting away.
                    Mine either, but it's not made of metal.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I found these ones rather amusing myself:

your-stick-figure-family-was-11633.jpg

This one is also creative:

x354-q80.jpg
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        I found these ones rather amusing myself:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15216[/ATTACH]
                        Not exactly "amusing" anywhere within a 10 mile radius of a roguetech facility.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Most of ones on cars in the town I live in are on Green Party supporters cars and consist of either a Vote Green message or the local No Mining one, or the anti-fluoride in tap water ones.....normally all on the same cars
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                            Most of ones on cars in the town I live in are on Green Party supporters cars and consist of either a Vote Green message or the local No Mining one, or the anti-fluoride in tap water ones.....normally all on the same cars
                            I'd have more respect if the stickers were on bikes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I know several people with apps on their phone that tell them where the nearest Starbucks is. That's well past addiction level.
                              What it the thing about Starbuck's? I never go there. I get better coffee at a local place and at a better price.

Mine either, but it's not made of metal.
                              Mine neither.

I have to admit that there once was a bumper sticker that I tried to get. My bumper remained clear because I could not find it. This was years ago and I would not even put that one on today. It read, "Be a hero save a whale, save a baby go to jail."
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment