Bumperstickers and Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJ
    I have to admit that there once was a bumper sticker that I tried to get. My bumper remained clear because I could not find it. This was years ago and I would not even put that one on today. It read, "Be a hero save a whale, save a baby go to jail."
    I had one once that I didn't put on my car because I liked the sticker and we were planning on selling the car. It said, "Be prepared. Jesus is coming at any moment. Driver will disappear."

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      What it the thing about Starbuck's? I never go there. I get better coffee at a local place and at a better price.

Mine neither.

I have to admit that there once was a bumper sticker that I tried to get. My bumper remained clear because I could not find it. This was years ago and I would not even put that one on today. It read, "Be a hero save a whale, save a baby go to jail."
      I went to a nearby starbucks a few weeks ago to see what the fuss is about. I got a cappuccino and a muffin. While not bad, it was not worth the $5 it cost me. ow.

Comment

Starbucks is, by and large, not a place for people who genuinely enjoy coffee. I like a few of their roasts well enough and it's convenient and easy to find when I'm traveling. But it's largely popular among two types: people who travel a lot and therefore need something consistent that they can count on virtually everywhere they go and people who like sugar more than coffee. You get customers all the time saying, "I just gotta have my morning coffee teehee!" when they order a vanilla bean frap with raspberry or something, which has exactly zero coffee. Most people who drink stuff there like the variety of sugary additives and flavors. Oh and one of my classmates appreciates Starbucks because they're one of the few coffeehouses that offers a variety of milk alternatives since he's lactose intolerant. There are a couple of seasonal drinks I enjoy as a treat on occasion but in general I prefer the coffee down the street at Common Grounds which is local.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Saw a bumper sticker I liked this morning. Here is an image of it I found on the interwebz

1.jpg

Even though I like it doesn't mean I would put it on my car

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What it the thing about Starbuck's? I never go there. I get better coffee at a local place and at a better price.
            I don't know. I don't even drink coffee.

TBH, I think it was something trendy that turned into caffeine/sugar addiction.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              I don't know. I don't even drink coffee.

TBH, I think it was something trendy that turned into caffeine/sugar addiction.
              It's lemmings doing what lemmings do. I've never met someone who actually loved the coffee. They all said it was just ok... but it's the "it thing" to do, so they just HAVE to be in the "it"...

MjAxMi1lMzFlYmFiNTUwOTAxZjI4.jpg
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Starbuck's does have one positive quality in it's past. My true love and I went out to eat at one of the nicer local restaurants and they had wonderful coffee. It that time I was just drinking whatever was on sale at the grocery store. I learned what it was and found a little store in Eagle River that sold the Starbuck's coffee. That opened a new way of thinking about coffee. I like some of their coffee beans, but not the "shops."
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Starbuck's does have one positive quality in it's past. My true love and I went out to eat at one of the nicer local restaurants and they had wonderful coffee. It that time I was just drinking whatever was on sale at the grocery store. I learned what it was and found a little store in Eagle River that sold the Starbuck's coffee. That opened a new way of thinking about coffee. I like some of their coffee beans, but not the "shops."
                  I think their coffee tastes burnt. I think they over-roast the beans. I like my coffee milder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    It's lemmings doing what lemmings do. I've never met someone who actually loved the coffee. They all said it was just ok... but it's the "it thing" to do, so they just HAVE to be in the "it"...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15271[/ATTACH]
                    Maybe. I'd definitely see that with the college-aged crowd.

The architects I've worked with can't function without it, and they're old enough that fad shouldn't be the driving factor (one would hope). We spent 20 mins driving around with one of them trying to find the nearest Starbucks so that he could get his fix.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Maybe. I'd definitely see that with the college-aged crowd.

The architects I've worked with can't function without it, and they're old enough that fad shouldn't be the driving factor (one would hope). We spent 20 mins driving around with one of them trying to find the nearest Starbucks so that he could get his fix.
                      There must be an app for that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I think their coffee tastes burnt. I think they over-roast the beans. I like my coffee milder.
                        It is true they roast their beans much longer than other places, primarily because all their beans come from the Seattle plant and they want to strive for consistency. It's just like any other fast food. Blonde roasts (their "light" roasts) aren't bad. They're definitely closer to a typical medium roast than a regular light roast. I also rather like Verona, which is a dark roast but it is entirely possible to taste the notes of cocoa unlike the notes in other dark roasts. Pike, which is the "regular" coffee that is served all day across all stores is pure garbage. Even the baristas think so. But, you know, "consistency."

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Saw a bumper sticker I liked this morning. Here is an image of it I found on the interwebz

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15270[/ATTACH]

Even though I like it doesn't mean I would put it on my car

This is one of those that falls under the dumb political statement stickers that far outlast the time it was relevant. I don't understand feeling the need/desire to advertise your political stances like that. Do people think it accomplishes anything?

This one is at least mildly clever.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            There must be an app for that.

He was using it, but the location had moved. Downtown parking is always a game, and we ended up walking a couple of blocks to get there.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                              It is true they roast their beans much longer than other places, primarily because all their beans come from the Seattle plant and they want to strive for consistency. It's just like any other fast food. Blonde roasts (their "light" roasts) aren't bad. They're definitely closer to a typical medium roast than a regular light roast. I also rather like Verona, which is a dark roast but it is entirely possible to taste the notes of cocoa unlike the notes in other dark roasts. Pike, which is the "regular" coffee that is served all day across all stores is pure garbage. Even the baristas think so. But, you know, "consistency."
                              Portlandians have this level of discussion about coffee, wine, and beer...it just makes my eyes glaze over.
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Portlandians have this level of discussion about coffee, wine, and beer...it just makes my eyes glaze over.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment