Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The "What are you listening to now" thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I was searching for anything that sounded like that. No luck. The Black Sails main theme is a pretty metal non-metal song, and I love it.
    Btw, I think that main theme makes for way better "pirate music" than the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist
      I was searching for anything that sounded like that. No luck. The Black Sails main theme is a pretty metal non-metal song, and I love it.
      Indeed! I don't know why this hasn't been done more often. It's quite a nice mix of influences. It's not metal, but I could see myself buying a whole album of stuff like that.

Originally posted by Zymologist
      Btw, I think that main theme makes for way better "pirate music" than the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack.
      Heck, it's better than anything Alestorm has ever done.
      "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• Megadeth - Die Dead Enough

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• Guardian - Sunday Best
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Ahab - Old Thunder

I love this song. The entire album is a personal favorite.

Comment

• Lots of David Bowie.

Comment

• R.I.P. Ziggy Stardust.

Comment

• Slechtvalk - A Forlorn Throne

Their new album is now, by far, the longest I've ever had an album preordered, as well as the most expensive.

Comment

• Jesse, are you familiar with Crimson Moonlight?

Comment

Jesse, are you familiar with Crimson Moonlight?

I am indeed. They are pretty good and I've tried to get into them. But there is just something about it that stops me from getting too deep into it. I think it's the same thing that stops me from getting into most black metal. Very few of those bands grab me. So when you introduced me to Slechtvalk, you gave me a real gem. I've been trying to search out more black metal because of it now .

Here is a band that I have been getting into a lot lately, let me know if you have heard of them. If not, I want your thoughts. This is from their Warmageddon

I love this song. The whole album is starting to grow on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                        I am indeed. They are pretty good and I've tried to get into them. But there is just something about it that stops me from getting too deep into it. I think it's the same thing that stops me from getting into most black metal. Very few of those bands grab me. So when you introduced me to Slechtvalk, you gave me a real gem. I've been trying to search out more black metal because of it now .

Here is a band that I have been getting into a lot lately, let me know if you have heard of them. If not, I want your thoughts. This is from their Warmageddon

I love this song. The whole album is starting to grow on me.
                        The Flame of Sodom, which you can actually download for free on bandcamp. But it doesn't really sound at all like Slechtvalk--it's got the standard low-fi, buzzy production and sounds very cold.

Edit: I've kind of become more of a death metal guy recently.

Comment

• Have you heard the Skald In Veum EP? Might be worth checking out.

Comment

The Flame of Sodom, which you can actually download for free on bandcamp. But it doesn't really sound at all like Slechtvalk--it's got the standard low-fi, buzzy production and sounds very cold.

Glory & Dominion. That bad boy comes out of left field and I love it.

Thanks for the link. I will check them out. I heard you talk about them before, so I gotta check them out today.

Comment

Have you heard the Skald In Veum EP? Might be worth checking out.

I haven't. Putting it down.

Comment

• Zym bro,

I listened to the Skald In Veum EP, and sorry to say I just couldn't really get into it. I really didn't hear anything that would set it apart from everyday black metal. Am I missing something in their sound?

I was also able to listen to the Evroklidon album. This might sound odd, but I actually liked it so much more than Skald In Veum. Devilish Beast in The Eternal Fire is so interesting to listen to. It's as if Vengeance Rising decided to play doom. I really enjoyed that mix. I think my favorite track has to be Legends of Old men - Wisdom of Ancient. It scorches . The title track is wonderful as well. I can definitely see why this album is your favorite. It's much more varied than I was expecting. Overall I thought it was excellent. Am I correct in saying this is the only album they came out with? Because I can't find any info about other releases.

Originally posted by Zymologist
                                Next to thrash, that is where my extreme tastes usually lead me. I have found that it is starting to get very derivative though. Am I becoming so old that I am starting think the best music is behind us? Never thought I would see the day.

As I'm writing this, I'm still blasting Evroklidon. It's good.
                                Last edited by Jesse; 01-12-2016, 10:44 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X