Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The "What are you listening to now" thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    It's an acquired taste. What can I say? I'm weird.

The music is death metal, btw, so I suppose you'd call this a death growl.
    I'm ok with death metal. The growl is what I can't get into.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• The album came out in 1992, in case you're curious.

Cool story about the band: I've heard that they were about to enter the studio for their ninth album sometime in 2008, and then decided to scrap the plans completely because they didn't feel that the material they'd written stood up to the quality of their previous albums. Any plans for future albums are indefinitely on hold until they're satisfied with the quality. I just think that's cool.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• I've been listening to Decyfer Down recently. Also group of guys with a heart to serve the Lord.

Comment

• Project 86 - Knives to the Future
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Project 86 - Knives to the Future
            They're the only rock band I still listen to. I've always thought they have a really unique and cool sound.

Comment

• Theocracy - As the World Bleeds

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• A Brutal Christmas ('tis the season!)
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Frost Like Ashes - A Cruel Verse

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• This is a cool version of "O Death":

Edit: Also, I've never heard a country song with extreme metal vocals in the background before. It works a lot better than you might think.

Comment

Jesse have you heard this track? I think you might like it. It's become one of my favorite instrumental tracks.

Comment

Jesse have you heard this track? I think you might like it. It's become one of my favorite instrumental tracks.
                        Whoa! No I haven't. That is actually a great instrumental. And I usually don't like instrumentals. I am now looking for more Bear McCreary music. If I find another good one from him, I will post it.

Comment

• Bear McCreary - Joe's Power Ballad

Zym, I find this one to be fun. let me know what you think. It's not nearly as epic as the Black Sails one, but it's good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                            Bear McCreary - Joe's Power Ballad

Zym, I find this one to be fun. let me know what you think. It's not nearly as epic as the Black Sails one, but it's good!
                            Ha, I've actually seen that movie. It was...not that great.

I spent a couple hours the other day searching for hurdy-gurdy music that sounds like the Black Sails theme, but I had no luck.

Comment

Ha, I've actually seen that movie. It was...not that great.

I spent a couple hours the other day searching for hurdy-gurdy music that sounds like the Black Sails theme, but I had no luck.
                              I was doing that last night. Seeing if I could find anything more like that from Bear McCreary. There wasn't much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                                I was doing that last night. Seeing if I could find anything more like that from Bear McCreary. There wasn't much.
                                I was searching for anything that sounded like that. No luck. The Black Sails main theme is a pretty metal non-metal song, and I love it.

Comment