Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

choose one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    So basically, you're arguing that the benders would win over the saiyans only if the sayians let them.
    Who said anything about letting them? I said fair chance. That means not cheating, and not ending the fight before there is an actual beginning.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Goku was hardly the typical Saiyan.
    I didn't say he was. I just specified a fair chance. Just because some Saiyans would be willing to cheat, doesn't mean others would. Vegeta may have had different understandings of honor, but he also valued it highly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I'm glad I'm not posting here - I don't have a CLUE what you're talking about.
      Japanese cartoons, and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Japanese cartoons, and comics.
        But I don't speak or understand Japanese.

Does it count that I've eaten at Benihana's?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Element bender. The other two are sissies.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Who said anything about letting them? I said fair chance. That means not cheating, and not ending the fight before there is an actual beginning.
            What do you mean not cheating? Do they need to have a countdown before they begin or something? Even so the Saiyan would move so quickly at the beginning of the match that the bender would barely have time to react before he's knocked unconscious.

Just face it, unless the bender was facing one of the most pathetically weak sayians possible he would barely stand a chance. When a saiyan who's as weak as Raditz is fast enough to catch a bullet from a gun shot from a few meters away there's no chance at all that some bender with the reaction speed of a normal human is going to be able to keep up. The only reason there would not be an "actual beginning" to the fight is because the power disparity between the two types of fighters is so huge that the outcome is determined from the very outset, unless the sayian in question is a complete moron when it comes to fighting. And we all know how plausible that is.

So yes, what you said did amount to practically having the sayian allow the bender to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              Element bender. The other two are sissies.

The average saiyan would completely decimate any bender, no matter who it is.

Comment

The average saiyan would completely decimate any bender, no matter who it is.
                Which doesn't stop them from being sissies. There's so much screaming, they remind me of Neil Patrick Harris in Undercover Brother.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

初心者

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Which doesn't stop them from being sissies.
                    No, but it establishes benders as being even bigger sissies.

Comment

They translate them you know.

What do you mean not cheating? Do they need to have a countdown before they begin or something?
                      That, or something like the World Tournament.

Even so the Saiyan would move so quickly at the beginning of the match that the bender would barely have time to react before he's knocked unconscious.
                      The hand may be faster than the eye, but neither is as fast as the mind. IIRC Aang didn't need to move his body in order to bend elements. A strong bender wouldn't either.

Just face it, unless the bender was facing one of the most pathetically weak sayians possible he would barely stand a chance. When a saiyan who's as weak as Raditz is fast enough to catch a bullet from a gun shot from a few meters away there's no chance at all that some bender with the reaction speed of a normal human is going to be able to keep up. The only reason there would not be an "actual beginning" to the fight is because the power disparity between the two types of fighters is so huge that the outcome is determined from the very outset, unless the sayian in question is a complete moron when it comes to fighting. And we all know how plausible that is.
                      Oh, you mean how Vegeta ended up losing because he let Yajirobi cut off his tail when he fought Goku?

Or let himself get taken over by Babidi, or when he let Cell absorb the last Android? Or even when he controlled by Baby?

Vegeta, a powerful Saiyan, is rather weak of mind, and will. That kind of weakness leads to losing to an opponent inferior in brute strength. Saiyans weren't exactly known for their intellects(Gohan, and Goten were half Saiyan, half human, and the humans in the had quite a few geniuses among them(technologically/tactically speaking), so they don't really count).

So yes, what you said did amount to practically having the sayian allow the bender to win.
                      I disagree.

Comment

Which doesn't stop them from being sissies. There's so much screaming, they remind me of Neil Patrick Harris in Undercover Brother.
                        I love that part!

Comment

Well, avoiding the "who would win in a fight" conversation going on, I would definitely be a Saiyan.

I think Saiyans and benders would fight alongside each other and be an unstoppable force against evil.
                          "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                          -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I think Whitebeard could have stomped them both into the ground.

And the Pokey trainers are just weak...
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              I think Whitebeard could have stomped them both into the ground.

And the Pokey trainers are just weak...
                              With Pokemon to do everything for them what do you expect?

Comment

With Pokemon to do everything for them what do you expect?
                                That they not be included in the poll.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X