Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The General Anime/Manga Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    The manga also reveals it kinda late but does foreshadow it. Even explains why Sebastian doesn't randomly eat people, sorta. Mind you, as inept as those three were acting originally, I'm still surprised he didn't make an exception...
    The anime's actually fantastic....minus my gripes with the first season finale. The English dub is really good.
    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      The potential fight between Naruto and Sasuke is a minor triviality compared to the question of when Kishimoto will get of his ass and decide that it's finally time for Naruto and Hinata to become a couple*.

*And we all know that it will be Hinata that will end up getting Naruto. Anything else would just be wrong on so many levels.
      I've never been a fan of Naruto. Sorry, but something about an annoying as hell, bright orange ninja, always screaming at the top of his lungs, and the emo emperor always moping about how much he sucks, doesn't sit right with me. Mind you, I've only seen the first couple seasons, I actually stopped watching when the emo emperor turned into a demon thing (I forget why) and left, so I don't know if it gets better after that or not.
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

• Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
        I've never been a fan of Naruto. Sorry, but something about an annoying as hell, bright orange ninja, always screaming at the top of his lungs, and the emo emperor always moping about how much he sucks, doesn't sit right with me. Mind you, I've only seen the first couple seasons, I actually stopped watching when the emo emperor turned into a demon thing (I forget why) and left, so I don't know if it gets better after that or not.
        It gets better.

Comment

It gets better.
          Well, okay then, maybe I'll start watching again. I know with Sasuke gone I'll probably enjoy it a lot more.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Well, okay then, maybe I'll start watching again. I know with Sasuke gone I'll probably enjoy it a lot more.
            Hate to break it to you, but he'll get his screen time. He will get a little less emo as time goes by though, but it'll take some time. He'll still be as arrogant as ever though.

Comment

Hate to break it to you, but he'll get his screen time. He will get a little less emo as time goes by though, but it'll take some time. He'll still be as arrogant as ever though.
              Dangit, I hate that guy. Even his backstory couldn't make me sympathize with him.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Dangit, I hate that guy. Even his backstory couldn't make me sympathize with him.
                If you continue watching the show you'll probably end up feeling more sympathy for his big brother than for him.

Comment

If you continue watching the show you'll probably end up feeling more sympathy for his big brother than for him.
                  The guy that killed his parents....really?

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

The guy that killed his parents....really?
                    Yup. Not going to say anything more though, as it would be a major spoiler. You'll just have to find out for yourself.

Comment

No fair asking the impossible...
                      Have you seen this week's chapter? It basically retcons the entire series!!! EVERYONE is pissed!
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The anime's actually fantastic....minus my gripes with the first season finale. The English dub is really good.
                        I'll check it out eventually. The manga is really good - #94 just came out. Not at all what I was expecting...
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Have you seen this week's chapter? It basically retcons the entire series!!! EVERYONE is pissed!
                          I thought it made perfect sense in continuity.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yup. Not going to say anything more though, as it would be a major spoiler. You'll just have to find out for yourself.

Worse, he's more likable than his little bro, too.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Worse, he's more likable than his little bro, too.

Comment

I thought it made perfect sense in continuity.
                                Black Zetsu could read the Uchiha tablet without the rinnegan? And he retconned almost every significant event involving the Uchiha by being the REALTM reason behind their actions? Everyone over at Manga Helpers is saying that Kishi is just trying to finish up a series he didn't want to go on this long.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X