Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The General Anime/Manga Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On another note, what upcoming anime are you guys looking forward to? Personally I'm going to check atleast these shows out:

Glasslip (Mainly because it's done by the same animation studio that did Hanasaku Iroha, a slice-of-life, coming-of-age show that I enjoyed immensely)

Akame ga Kill!

DRAMAtical Murder

Barakamon

Hanamonogatari

Re: Hamatora (I enjoyed the first season immensely. There's no way I'm going to miss this. )

Sword Art Online II (I haven't heard very good things about this sequel, but I enjoyed the first season, so I'll atleast check it out to see if it's really going to be as bad as some people fear)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      So much for this theory.
      Well, it still involves his Kamui
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• If I recall correctly, SAO has several such permutations - sounds like they're just following the story line.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• A show by the makers of Hanasaku Iroha? definitely on the worth looking at list.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
            A show by the makers of Hanasaku Iroha? definitely on the worth looking at list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

(Mainly because it's done by the same animation studio that did Hanasaku Iroha, a slice-of-life, coming-of-age show that I enjoyed immensely)
              I am so over "slice-of-life, coming-of-age show" animes. Perhaps it because I'm an old fart.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I am so over "slice-of-life, coming-of-age show" animes.
                There are times I get to feeling the same way. But every now and then, something comes along that changes my mind again.
                Still, I'd like to see more shows along the lines of Full Metal Panic or Nadesico. They don't happen anywhere near often enough.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Crystal debuted today.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
                    Crystal debuted today.
                    Sailor Moon? I think I'll pass on that one.

Comment

• At least it got a mention in "One Week"
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Personally, I'm waiting for Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin I to come out in theaters, but that won't be till next year.

Comment

• Kind of Old, but a firm firm favourite - Bamboo Blade.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Is anyone watching (or has watched) Knights of Sidonia on Netflix? So far I've watched three episodes and my reaction thus far is "meh..." It seems like a bit of a futuristic ripoff of Attack on Titan.
                            "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                            -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• First I've heard of it - so no.

I am watching 'Attack on Titan' and reading the manga.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                                Is anyone watching (or has watched) Knights of Sidonia on Netflix? So far I've watched three episodes and my reaction thus far is "meh..." It seems like a bit of a futuristic ripoff of Attack on Titan.
                                According to wiki it predates Attack on titan by 2 years so...

Attack on Titan is just a spin-off on the mecha genre so that's probably why they come off as similar.
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment