Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The General Anime/Manga Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Black Zetsu could read the Uchiha tablet without the sharingan? And he retconned almost every significant event involving the Uchiha by being the REALTM reason behind their actions? Everyone over at Manga Helpers is saying that Kishi is just trying to finish up a series he didn't want to go on this long.
    fify/nc

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      fify/nc
      Sharingan only let you read part of the table, with rinnegan you were able to decipher it completely.

Comment

• Also, we really need a [SPOILER]-tag on these forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          Sharingan only let you read part of the table, with rinnegan you were able to decipher it completely.
          Exactly. And that was what Black Zetsu said he changed - the part that the rinnegan let you see.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Admittedly, it was a nit pick. I'm not sure I'm like that, I also tend to be a spelling nazi.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
              The anime's actually fantastic....minus my gripes with the first season finale. The English dub is really good.

I looked over the episode synopsis' - the anime and manga are wildly different which is probably where the problem comes from. I'll check out the anime eventually - heck, I actually liked the first Full Metal anime (well, except that ridiculous end) so it'll be interesting to check out what they did. But later, when the manga is finished so I can keep them straight.

Seems like I read there was a new anime in production/being considered that would be closer to the manga.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Black Zetsu could read the Uchiha tablet without the rinnegan? And he retconned almost every significant event involving the Uchiha by being the REALTM reason behind their actions? Everyone over at Manga Helpers is saying that Kishi is just trying to finish up a series he didn't want to go on this long.
                Y'all didn't see that coming? Kishi's been foreshadowing it for years - I had assumed it would turn out to be Madara but BZ actually makes more sense. Since he has the same mommy as the Uchiha founder, it's hardly that big of a stretch that he might have some of the same techniques - or one of his own that allows him to do the same thing.

Wasn't it obvious that the Uchiha who were so proud of their vision would be so shortsighted that they could be easily manipulated? Having Madara himself be manipulated was a fitting irony - although I grant the execution was poor (he could have done a better job introducing it - and should have hinted at it better).

Kishi may well be trying to wrap up and go home - it shows in his work over the last year that he does seem tired of the thing - but layers behind layers behind layers has been almost a trademark of the series and frankly the new explanation makes much better sense than Madara's perfect dream world thing.

FYI: Obito ain't done yet. Expect him and Helmet Boy to do something - the what part, I don't know!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Also, we really need a [SPOILER]-tag on these forums.

Do your watching/reading first, then come here - no one remembers the tags, anyway.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Y'all didn't see that coming? Kishi's been foreshadowing it for years - I had assumed it would turn out to be Madara but BZ actually makes more sense. Since he has the same mommy as the Uchiha founder, it's hardly that big of a stretch that he might have some of the same techniques - or one of his own that allows him to do the same thing.

Wasn't it obvious that the Uchiha who were so proud of their vision would be so shortsighted that they could be easily manipulated? Having Madara himself be manipulated was a fitting irony - although I grant the execution was poor (he could have done a better job introducing it - and should have hinted at it better).

Kishi may well be trying to wrap up and go home - it shows in his work over the last year that he does seem tired of the thing - but layers behind layers behind layers has been almost a trademark of the series and frankly the new explanation makes much better sense than Madara's perfect dream world thing.

FYI: Obito ain't done yet. Expect him and Helmet Boy to do something - the what part, I don't know!
                    I got a feeling he is going to Kamui her into the other dimension with no way out and then destroy his kamui eye.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I got a feeling he is going to Kamui her into the other dimension with no way out and then destroy his kamui eye.

Maybe...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I thought the kamui eye was taken by Madara? Didn't Kakashi only get his normal eye back when he was healed?

Comment

• Obito only had one eye - the other was a Zetsu's eye.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Do your watching/reading first, then come here - no one remembers the tags, anyway.
                            I still think the spoiler-tags should be implemented.

Comment

Obito only had one eye - the other was a Zetsu's eye.
                              Obito had one and Kakashi had one. Madara stole Kakashi's. Not sure what happened to it, or Madara for that matter, but Obito still has his. And when Naruto brings him back, he will more than likely be able to use it.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Obito had one and Kakashi had one. Madara stole Kakashi's. Not sure what happened to it, or Madara for that matter, but Obito still has his. And when Naruto brings him back, he will more than likely be able to use it.

No, Obito's eye was taken from him before Kakashi lost his. Madara got both.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X