Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Anyone watching Legion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20886[/ATTACH]
    He put it on upside down too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      He put it on upside down too.
      I don't know much about the Pirates of the Caribbean mythology (don't think I got past the third film) but I think it's supposed to be kohl under the eyes to prevent sun glare while on the high seas. ...or...something like that. Guess if it works for football players...

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        I don't know much about the Pirates of the Caribbean mythology (don't think I got past the third film) but I think it's supposed to be kohl under the eyes to prevent sun glare while on the high seas. ...or...something like that. Guess if it works for football players...
        Never seen them apply it like that.

And IIRC he wore it while ashore as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20888[/ATTACH]

why doe he have fake eyebrows on his cheeks?

Comment

I don't know much about football, but this seems pretty close.

Anyways, I think it's more in imitation of like Egyptians or something. Who knows though.

Doesn't strike as the sort of thing you'd want to keep reapplying every time you stepped off a boat, but I don't know the inner workings of those film's logic. They're all pretty stupid.

Comment

why doe he have fake eyebrows on his cheeks?
              Well... it's like this... Oh look! Pirate rum!

0000000000000iic.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Fallacy of the excluded middle. I watch both... except the Chris Pine movies... [ATTACH=CONFIG]20870[/ATTACH]
                Yup! They started losing me with all the time-travel and (at least implicit) retconning in "Enterprise." The Chris Pine reboots are intolerable. I *might* have found them *somewhat* watchable if they had just said, "Hey, we're going to reimagine the whole franchise from scratch," rather than linking it to the "real" series by -- AGAIN! -- time-travel and poor ol' Spock.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Adrift and NorrinRadd, you guys might try checking out Marvel Unlimited. Basically it's a lot of archived comics. Some new, some old, some extremely old. Superior Spider-Man is newer(it was actually really good IMO), older stuff would be Captain America and Falcon, and then for the really old stuff, Tales of Suspense. That last one is like really cheesy Twilight Zone episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Adrift and NorrinRadd, you guys might try checking out Marvel Unlimited. Basically it's a lot of archived comics. Some new, some old, some extremely old. Superior Spider-Man is newer(it was actually really good IMO), older stuff would be Captain America and Falcon, and then for the really old stuff, Tales of Suspense. That last one is like really cheesy Twilight Zone episodes.
                    Thanks for the headsup Cerebrum.

Comment

Well so far Legion is OK. Not great and it is still weird but I think I will watch it a few more times. When they actually do the story instead of the trippy memory/drug thing, it seems pretty good.

Comment

Well so far Legion is OK. Not great and it is still weird but I think I will watch it a few more times. When they actually do the story instead of the trippy memory/drug thing, it seems pretty good.
                        The trippy memory thing is my favorite part. I personally think it's more than okay. It's probably my favorite show currently. The only problem is that I know too much about the character from the comics, so I'm concerned that nothing new will be revealed to me.

Comment

The trippy memory thing is my favorite part.
                          Well duh. look at your avatar.

I personally think it's more than okay. It's probably my favorite show currently. The only problem is that I know too much about the character from the comics, so I'm concerned that nothing new will be revealed to me.
                          It just seems so disjointed, jumping around from memory to reality to flashback and you can't tell which is which half the time.

Wonder who the fat guy is?

Comment

Well duh. look at your avatar.
                            It just seems so disjointed, jumping around from memory to reality to flashback and you can't tell which is which half the time.
                            That's sort of the point. We're watching the show from the perspective of someone who's cracked in the head. The point is to make the audience feel like they're seeing things as David is seeing things.

Wonder who the fat guy is?
                            I know, but I ain't tellin.

Comment

Seen the first two episodes. It took quite awhile for anything to actually start happening but it has been holding my interest so far.

Comment

I know, but I ain't tellin.
                                I would think it's The Blob given this guy is supposed to be Xavier's kid. Then again, I never read the comics, or watched the show.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X